IGNORED

2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread

RiddleMeThis
Note: This thread is 3197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks. I haven't been intimidated by a proper golf swing until now. Everything about what you guys are doing feels so foreign to me. Every time I try to extend at the range I end up extending during my swing and shanking it or hitting a very low, weak slice off of the range.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ohhh and Day answers Jordan's birdie. #6 should be interesting with these 2.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I know the majors should be tough and blah blah blah but shit man watching these guys do what they're doing is so much fun.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

20-under is definitely in play. I think only one time in major history it was reached (2000 British-tiger) but no ones finished there.

Yeah I do wish this was playing a lot harder, but I am still really enjoying it. I love this course, love the decisions it forces a player to make. Also, there are just a ton of great players playing great golf this week. Its deeper each year. Lastly, that storm they got doesnt help the dryness, or lack of.

I don't mind it that much, but I do think they need to toughen it up before they go back there again. This is the U.S. version of St Andrews. It's a little over the top easy. But still fun.

So it really will come down to those 4. Damn you Grace. Go away.

I know the majors should be tough and blah blah blah but shit man watching these guys do what they're doing is so much fun.

Damn, but this isn't that easy of a course. We've just got a half dozen guys that are playing insane golf... ...and I agree, this is fun! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Easy course.

I don't know that its easy in general. The soft conditions sure as hell make it easier. Its a pretty daunting looking course but if you make the right decisions, especially with these conditions, its very scoreable. I would like it toughened for a return.

I don't mind it that much, but I do think they need to toughen it up before they go back there again. This is the U.S. version of St Andrews. It's a little over the top easy. But still fun.

Chambers Bay

I dont understand how nobody can get close on #7. It the 227 yardage just an odd distance or something? Everyone is coming up too short. You got a hole that falls/fades away to the right. I would think most of them could easily put a nice cut on a 4 iron and get that right in close. It fades away, green slopes back a bit, wind is going out towards the see as well.

Most of them are killing this course today but nobody can get close on 7, odd.

I don't know that its easy in general. The soft conditions sure as hell make it easier. Its a pretty daunting looking course but if you make the right decisions, especially with these conditions, its very scoreable. I would like it toughened for a return.

The setup is pretty easy. Big greens, rough isn't really that bad. Four reachable par-5s and five shortish par-4s, three which are reachable today. Throw in slow greens and you're gonna get great scores. I think the short par-4s are a bit over the top easy and that's what is leading to these great scores. Kinda like St Andews where if the wind doesn't blow, you can take apart some of those short par 4s. These guys are too good with their wedges today.

Yeah, how dare you beat the Golden Boy...

Justin Rose has thrown this tournament away, with the number of mid-range putts he's missed.

Hey man Grace is probably a nice guy but just doesn't intrigue me. I want Day to win. If not Spieth then Rose. Grace wins and I will be mehh.

The setup is pretty easy. Big greens, rough isn't really that bad. Four reachable par-5s and five shortish par-4s, three which are reachable today. Throw in slow greens and you're gonna get great scores. I think the short par-4s are a bit over the top easy and that's what is leading to these great scores. Kinda like St Andews where if the wind doesn't blow, you can take apart some of those short par 4s. These guys are too good with their wedges today.

I do think #6 needs beefed up a bit. I like reachable par 4s, they make for great excitement but #6 is a little too easy for these guys. Yardage is fine but maybe the bail out area to the left should be a nasty bunker or something.

Hey man Grace is probably a nice guy but just doesn't intrigue me. I want Day to win. If not Spieth then Rose. Grace wins and I will be mehh.

Sacrilege, I know, but that is exactly my feeling with Spieth. Boring as hell.

Note: This thread is 3197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!