IGNORED

2015 Wyndham Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What's with hitting iron off the tee and not getting GIR (and sometimes not getting fairway)? Oh well. Happy to see how Tiger's playing today. Hopefully he can keep it up and bring in the big win tomorrow :-D

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This seems like a vintage round. He's not doing anything spectacular but he's making par saves when he makes a mistake. Hopefully he can hit a good one into 18 and tie for the lead.

Getting into the last group is useful.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

So close to a bogey-free round... and so close to the final group tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

God, that last putt. How did it not go down?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I hate to say it, but there is ZERO chance the old Tiger 3 putts 18. Especially knowing what was on the line. The only good news is , there no chance in hell Gore is winning this tournament.

I hate to say it, but there is ZERO chance the old Tiger 3 putts 18. Especially knowing what was on the line. The only good news is , there no chance in hell Gore is winning this tournament.

? He made every putt of consequence the entire day, except that one. He had his best ball-striking day in two years. People miss shots, even Tiger Woods.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

God, that last putt. How did it not go down?

He hit it too hard.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator

Lag putting today was not great. He made most all the putts coming back, but when you keep leaving yourself 5-10 footers coming back, one of them is not going to go in.

Nobody's doing a great job lag putting. Those greens are weird… people are barely hitting 20 footers and they're sliding five feet past the hole.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Who's this Tiger guy hitting fairways and controlling his approach shots?

If the rest of this thread is any indication, you might know him better as "Eldrick."

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Nobody's doing a great job lag putting. Those greens are weird… people are barely hitting 20 footers and they're sliding five feet past the hole.

Very true. He played very aggressive today. Gave himself a lot of downhill putts and left nothing short with the putter. Nothing wrong with that kind of style though. Would rather see that then playing scared.

Do you think he set out to be a role model or the GOAT? His job is golfer and he's done pretty well at that particular job. Where does it say athletes are (or have to be) role models?

You are putting your own moral standards on Woods. So he was a womanizer.....geez he is so awful and is trash!

What a child like view of the world.

I'm older than you, (I went to a Beatles concert in 1966) so my frame of reference is vastly different than yours. woods, without peer in the world of golf for a decade, became a figure to be emulated, ...young golfers the world over idolized him for his talent and accomplishments..he became a role model. All that ended when wood's real character was exposed. Not one of the gents I play with from the senior tees is willing to give woods a pass for his transgressions, not one...and not one of us has "a childlike view of the world"...when you achieve old age, you will look at things, and people quite differently.

• Upvote 1

I'm older than you, (I went to a Beatles concert in 1966) so my frame of reference is vastly different than yours. woods, without peer in the world of golf for a decade, became a figure to be emulated, ...young golfers the world over idolized him for his talent and accomplishments..he became a role model. All that ended when wood's real character was exposed. Not one of the gents I play with from the senior tees is willing to give woods a pass for his transgressions, not one...and not one of us has "a childlike view of the world"...when you achieve old age, you will look at things, and people quite differently.

You know if I stopped cheering for all my favorite teams, because 1 player on the team cheated on his significant other. I would never be able to watch sports again.

You don't like Tiger because he cheated on his wife; fine. Now that we've got that out of the way, can you please contribute something that isn't Tiger-bashing, so we can stop turning every thread into the same line of discussion?

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Note: This thread is 3213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!