IGNORED

2015 Solheim Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Solheim Cup?

• USA
    • Europe

I think they should banish those stupid flags on the faces. Dou you want to be taken seriously or not? It would be fun to see Mickelson with an USA flag. Tread it as a sport, damn it. Based upon names, you would think the USA would win it, but heck, when it comes to match play events, they get lost. Seems like they can not compete.

Wow. Terrific comeback by Hull & Peterson. Very poor performance in the last 3 holes by Creamer & Pressel. Disappointed. We needed that point. 4 ball could basically end USA chances. Would love a comeback to make singles a good show tomorrow

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Why is Pressel on the team, and Lincicome ... tends not to deliver under pressure lately.

Don't we have other talent?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pepper's take is dumb, and makes no sense. But that's not surprising, really.

Not dumb at all from a fiery no nonsense competitor like Pepper.

The American's attitude and priorities is symptomatic of entitlement.

If they are pros, be pros. Their games need work.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Not dumb at all from a fiery no nonsense competitor like Pepper. The American's attitude and priorities is symptomatic of entitlement. If they are pros, be pros. Their games need work.

No, it's a bad opinion. And no, it's not symptomatic of entitlement. It's symptomatic of wanting to enjoy the game the way they want to enjoy it. I know it's popular to pretend like these women spend too much time on makeup and other things related to looks, but the fact of the matter is that it takes less than ten minutes to do all of that stuff. It effects noting but how early they have to get out of bed in the morning.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Makeup and pom-poms or not they certainly don't have much to cheer about. Apparently the serious approach doest work for them either. I see bad chemistry and bad play. Some of the U.S. Team just don't have it. Stanford should feign injury with a record of 0 and 8 or whatever. But reality is Europe shows up and finds that extra something. US doesn't and when they get down it makes it tough to play from behind.

Dave :-)

No, it's a bad opinion. And no, it's not symptomatic of entitlement. It's symptomatic of wanting to enjoy the game the way they want to enjoy it.

I know it's popular to pretend like these women spend too much time on makeup and other things related to looks, but the fact of the matter is that it takes less than ten minutes to do all of that stuff. It effects noting but how early they have to get out of bed in the morning.

10 minutes?

If you're married, you are fortunate.

While I don't mind the tats and pompoms, I think the general thought, and just not Pepper's, is that the Americans act entitled. I'd rather they work on their game than their tats...

The real issue is that several Americans are recycled, and show the same issues of not delivering .. time for new blood with the tats.

10 minutes? If you're married, you are fortunate. While I don't mind the tats and pompoms, I think the general thought, and just not Pepper's, is that the Americans act entitled. I'd rather they work on their game than their tats... The real issue is that several Americans are recycled, and show the same issues of not delivering .. time for new blood with the tats.

Some Americans act entitled, we agree on that; I just don't think that tattoos and face paint are a sign of that. As for the ten minutes, I'm pretty sure face paint and temp tattoos don't take that long. [quote name="Dave2512" url="/t/84053/2015-solheim-cup-discussion-thread/60#post_1201787"]The complaint was the over the top team spirit was a distraction not that it took away from prep time.[/quote] And my response is: how? It's no different in principle than Ian Poulter's screaming fits after making a putt. It's all enthusiasm.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Some Americans act entitled, we agree on that; I just don't think that tattoos and face paint are a sign of that.

As for the ten minutes, I'm pretty sure face paint and temp tattoos don't take that long.

And my response is: how? It's no different in principle than Ian Poulter's screaming fits after making a putt. It's all enthusiasm.

Don't be so sure ... for some, yes, for others...

I'd prefer they have game before the tat... that's all. If they think the tats give them confidence, go for it. I guess for women, tats may be part of the ceremonial getting ready for battle prep, similar to football, baseball, etc.

But I believe Dottie mentioned more than tats.

And my response is: how? It's no different in principle than Ian Poulter's screaming fits after making a putt. It's all enthusiasm.

I think the reason it bothered the Dottie Pepper's of the world is not only were they doing the fits after making putts they came out so dressed up it appeared they were overconfident. What Ian does is a different. He was celebrating after doing something and people thought the US team was celebrating prematurely, it was showy. Enough so it backfired on them by possibly firing the Euro team up.

However in 2013 the US team didn't make many putts. They were all dressed up with nowhere to go.

Dave :-)

Some Americans act entitled, we agree on that; I just don't think that tattoos and face paint are a sign of that. As for the ten minutes, I'm pretty sure face paint and temp tattoos don't take that long. And my response is: how? It's no different in principle than Ian Poulter's screaming fits after making a putt. It's all enthusiasm.

i assume Those flags on their faces are temporary tattoos, not original art, which means it takes all of about 90 seconds to apply. Regardless, it's insulting to the best female golfers in the world, who have gotten to that point with hard work, to suggest that now they don't care about winning and only about being pretty. Look at Rickie Fowler, Serena Williams, Roger Federer, David Beckham, etc. it IS actually possible to be really good, work as hard as you can, and still care about your appearance. Edit: that came across as an argument when I'm actually agreeing with you. :P

• Upvote 1

Happy I didn't record the morning  matches. :-P

Good to see the USA starting to turn things around. Let's hope they can keep it going.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I haven't watched the four-ball play of day 2, so don't tell me the outcome just yet, but those USA leggings on Paula Creamer and company in the morning foursomes of day 2: come on!  If that isn't in your face (and not in a good way), and I don't know what is. I understand being proud of your country and all that, but this is not a good look at all.  Why don't the Euros wear one of those Rory-looking wigs, in blue with yellow stars? Because it would look ridiculous.  This is a golf tournament, not a fashion show.

The US women's play is just ok, but the Euros have an extra gear they seem to be engaging: look at Mel Reid and Carlotta Ciganda, or Sandra Gal: they are all on fire, making incredible shots and putts.  All the face paint, nail decoration, ribbons and other accoutrements don't help the US women's game one bit. If anything, it makes them overconfident with the typical USA, USA #1, etc...  IMHO, of course.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

i assume Those flags on their faces are temporary tattoos, not original art, which means it takes all of about 90 seconds to apply.

Regardless, it's insulting to the best female golfers in the world, who have gotten to that point with hard work, to suggest that now they don't care about winning and only about being pretty.

Look at Rickie Fowler, Serena Williams, Roger Federer, David Beckham, etc. it IS actually possible to be really good, work as hard as you can, and still care about your appearance.

Edit: that came across as an argument when I'm actually agreeing with you. :P

You must take Dottie Pepper's comments knowing Pepper's reputation ... she called the women's team "choking dogs" when they were choking away one  of these, although the US women may have won that one...

I think it's about priorities... the tats were just part of Pepper's comments ... that is not the only thing example she offered.

But I believe you can put it down to priorities ... and Dottie wasn't much for bs in her time, and she apparently regards all of this fashiony stuff, stilletos, and spa treatments as bs....

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!