IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played yesterday shot 74 with a double bogey on 18. Talk about letting your opponents off the hook. Could have really been a great round but struggled big time with the wedges again. Missed six greens from inside 100 yards! It was a great day anyway, great weather played all 18 in short sleeves. Looks like it may have to hold me for awhile because the weather is about to go bad in a hurry.

DannyΒ  Β  In my :ping:Β Hoofer Tour golf bag on myΒ :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:Β Β Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5Β  X-Stiff.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Irons:Β Β :callaway:Β 4-PW APEX TCB IronsΒ 
3Β Wood:Β :callaway:Β MavrikΒ SZ RogueΒ X-StiffΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β Β 2-Ball Ten Arm LockΒ  Β  Β  Β Β Ball:Β :titleist: ProV 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

ok, I had enough of teens / 20's temperature and snow - went for a "quickie" to Myrtle Beach last weekend. Played 5 rounds in sub-50's temperatures, wind 15 - 20mph, sometimes drizzle.. it was cold, but beats the crap out of sitting home on the couch. Rounds: 84, 81, 83, 83, 74 (4 birdies streak!).
In these conditions - more than happy. Courses were very wet, no roll at all, so everything played really long... but now I'm back in Jersey

I'm glad you had a good time down here last week.
4 hole birdie streak ... sweeeeet!!! So where did you play???

I played Saturday in a tournament at Man-O-War I think it was about 45ΒΊ overcast cloudy and drizzling. Man, this southern boy was COLD!!!! You probobally have a little different perspective being as you 've been in the teens and 20's lately!

-What's in Da Bag?-

TaylorMade M1 8.5Β 
Cobra SZ strong 3
3-w Titleist 735 CMΒ 

5 over 75. with a lame double on the 17th. Haven't played 18 in two weeks, and didn't practice at all that week. So, I was relatively happy with what I shot. My short game was on fire. Nearly chipped in 3 times. 6/6 on my up and downs with the longest putt being 3.5 feet.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Woo Hoo. I'm in Ohio and today Dec. 28th I made it out to play 9 holes. Now thats a rare occurence around here. Made it up to almost 60 today. Cost 10 bucks to walk 9. Course was not in terribly bad shape for this time of year. Was pretty damp but not soggy. Nothing plugged at least, and the greens really didn't roll too bad. Didn't have to worry about losing it in a pond today as they were all still frozen over pretty good.

Only managed a 41 on a par 35. The driver was supprisingly long and straight today and the mid irons were pretty good.

Here is the scorecard.

Par 3's were a killer today so was number 9. It was mostly just some short game miscues that cost me though.

Missed a few makeable birdie putts but made a few good par saves. Wasn't too bad for not playing in a few months though. Was just nice to get out. Supposed to rain tomorrow but may be back up to 50 and sunny on fri and I'm on vacation so I may just make it back out.

Hope everyone else around the area got to take advantage of the unseasonable weather today.

Been playing a lot lately, the weather here has been FANTASTIC! Played today and shot a 2 over 74, and get this I went into #16 2 under. Talk about a meltdown.... I three putt 16 hit it behind a tree on 17, then hit it behind two trees on 18 CRAP!

DannyΒ  Β  In my :ping:Β Hoofer Tour golf bag on myΒ :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:Β Β Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5Β  X-Stiff.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Irons:Β Β :callaway:Β 4-PW APEX TCB IronsΒ 
3Β Wood:Β :callaway:Β MavrikΒ SZ RogueΒ X-StiffΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β Β 2-Ball Ten Arm LockΒ  Β  Β  Β Β Ball:Β :titleist: ProV 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm glad you had a good time down here last week.

me and my friend bought a townhouse @ Barefoot, which comes with a memebership so we're mostly playing @ Love, Norman and Fazio(my favorite).

Maybe we can hook up next time I'm down there

• Administrator
me and my friend bought a townhouse @ Barefoot, which comes with a memebership so we're mostly playing @ Love, Norman and Fazio(my favorite).

I want to go. Tell me when. Mid-February sometime?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

it's still risky (weather-wise).. March would be my preference. We'll definitely do it.

WTF, Rafi...you were supposed to pick me up. i was waiting for you.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

• Administrator
WTF, Rafi...you were supposed to pick me up. i was waiting for you.

Pretty far out of his way. If he's gonna pick you up, he may as well pick me up too.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Pretty far out of his way. If he's gonna pick you up, he may as well pick me up too.

somebody needs a lesson in geography I guess :) Josh is on the way, I've to drive right through DC. Josh, last time I tried to convince the pilot to pull over, but he said the street you live at is a no-fly over zone due to gov. building all around... so I didn't stop by - my appologies. Will do in March though. Will you have clubs by then? I've seen that garage sale you were running in the marketplace forum :)

it's still risky (weather-wise).. March would be my preference.

When I was in college, we always made our trip down in the 2nd week of March. The weather could be cold in the morning, but we usually had at least 3-4 days of beautiful afternoon weather (in the 60's). Like you said, it is a much safer bet in March.

By the way Rafi, I hit some balls today...with the new TM R7.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave
Β 

Originally Posted by Rafcin
it's still risky (weather-wise).. March would be my preference.

I know a dude who's trying to sell me one at VERY attractive price... however wife might kill me before I complete the transaction.

Glad you're starting to use real equipment for a change How do you like it?

How do you like it?

Pretty nice club...and not just too look at. I'm not ready to replace my 905with it yet, but I'm going to give it a full workout over the next month. You'll see a review in the future.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave
Β 

I played in southern NJ on Monday, and I won't say what I shot (it is too embarrassing), but I will say that I scored par on my first hole ever. First two holes in fact. I had a chance for two others but I blew a 2 1/2 or 3 footer and missed about a 5 or 6 foot putt. The longer one didn't bother me, but missing that first short one put me off my game for a good 2 or 3 holes (what little game I have, that is).

Overall I think it was my second worst game out of the 7 or 9 times I have played, but at least I finally got par on a couple of holes, so that makes me feel better. The best excuse I can come up with for my bad round was too much beer the day before, unbelievably cold conditions, a soggy course, and periodic rain.

I played in southern NJ on Monday, and I won't say what I shot (it is too embarrassing), but I will say that I scored par on my first hole ever. First two holes in fact. I had a chance for two others but I blew a 2 1/2 or 3 footer and missed about a 5 or 6 foot putt. The longer one didn't bother me, but missing that first short one put me off my game for a good 2 or 3 holes (what little game I have, that is).

Hey you got to get out and play though thats always a good thing. If you've played less than 10 times making par is a big step. Keeping those big numbers out of the picture is the best bet. Bogeys won't kill a round but get a few doubles or triples and then the trouble starts. Looks like its supposed to be snowing again here in ohio this week. I don't think we'll have many chances to get out around here for a bit.

Last friday was my best day in a golf course, i shot 87.
U may not be surprized, but i started playing this August and did felt great shooting that low (for me). I usually hit 94 - 98.
Regards
Sergio

In My Bag
Driver: 905r 9.5 (Fujikura Speeder )
5-Wood: Titleist 904 (Fujikura Speeder)
Hybrid: Sonarted MD 21
Irons (2-PW) : Titleist AP2 RifleWedges: Vokey 50, 54, 60Putters: Scotty Cameron and Co Sterling and Stainless.Ball: Titleist ProV1