IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 78 yesterday at Las Positas (over-watered muni track in Livermore, CA) with my kid brother yesterday. Finished with 7 straight pars and only 29 putts. Pretty solid for being my first time on a course with my new driver, 3-wood, & hybrid (wife gave me awesome birthday presents LOL)...

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

Did 70 today on a short par 70 course, backtee. Yesterday did 72 on par 72 course, clubtee. Made 6 birdies.

Right now golf seems so simple and easy...

horrible, terrible round today, shot a 92 with 6...(that's right 6) 3 putts.....1 was 6ft away for a Birdie on a long Par 4....and ended up with a 5, I'm a horrible putter

38 (+4, 3.1 diff) . A bit of practice for tomorrow's competition. A swing thought of "straight right arm" helped a lot.
In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

39 (+12) on a par 27, 9-hole course (Par 3).

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

41/45 for an 86

Started out fantastic, got stuck waiting for the group in front of us for 2 holes and let it go to my head. Fell apart for about 6 holes, before recovering

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Had a decent day today. Shot a 77. 40 on the front, 37 on the back.

Par 3 that you have to hit into the wind over water, I hit it a little chubby and it landed about 2 feet from the edge in the water. Chipped up and 2 putted :/

And I had 2 three putts :( (40+ ft)

4pars 3 bogeys 1 double 1 birdie on the front.
6pars 2 bogeys and a birdie on the back.

From the blue tees (6876 yards 71.9/127) an 82 for a differential of 9.0, 43/39, 9 FW, 8 GIR, 30 putts. 2 birdies, 8 pars, 5 bogies, 2 double and a triple. Only the second time I have had a sub 40 score for nine holes.

I was 4 over through 13 holes. Figured the 14th, a par 5 would be my last since it was getting dark. Couldn't even see if my 100 yard 3rd shot was on the green. It was 15-20 ft and made the putt. Played the next three holes 2 over in the dark for a 77.

My cart partner had a GPS app on his cell phone and gave me a bad yardage on another par 5. Should have par it at worst, but took a bogey.

4 fairways, 9 GIR, and 31 putts

Shot 45 on 9 holes (par 35, differential=11.8). Best score ever. Kept everything to double-bogey or better, finally. Started with a double, but it was a very narrowly missed bogey. Then went par-bogey-bogey-bogey-birdie which felt awesome. The birdie was on a short uphill par 5. Hit a perfect drive to a bit past the 200-yard marker, then sort of bladed a hybrid. It got a few feet off the ground and ended up flying just off the ground on exactly the fade arc I pictured, just right along the ground. Found it in the fringe at the front of the green---it'd have been perfect if I'd just stayed down into it. Still pitched it across the long green to 2 feet, almost putting it in for eagle, then made the tricky steeply-banked putt for birdie.

Ball striking was rather bad. Hit about 3 of those blade-hybrids, and my 7 iron (all 3 par 3s) was not working. Tee shots were good, including a nice 3W with a club that usually gives me trouble. My intense short game practice really paid off with only one poor pitch, and my new putter sunk a couple long ones and only had 15 putts. All in all, this is the sort of round I've known I have in me: a good score without having to hit perfectly. Had a couple of really good recoveries to make bogey saves, so it was really rewarding.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"