IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

86. It was a good round. I hit 7 greens and almost all of the fairways. I had 3 three-putts, though, which made me mad. The problem was that I was hitting some greens, but leaving myself with 40 foot putts. Given that I rarely have putts that long, I don't spend much time practicing them. And I've neglected my putting so far this year in favor of my irons, so... yeah... bad putting day.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by carrx

Dos Lagos in Costa Mesa?

Dos Lagos in Corona...

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

I shot my 18 hole handicap, on the front 9. Shot a 48 with 2 triples, a double, and a 3 putt bogey.

I'm working hard on this posture change, and my overall ball striking has greatly improved.  Unfortunately, the new ball striking isn't fully ingrained yet and I'm having some consistency problems.  I've also starting chunking and blading wedges about half the time (which is what led to my two triples) and my distance control is way out of whack.  Right now I could hit a 7,8, or 9 from 150 and any of them could be long or short.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Played 9 at Golf Club of Texas. First time there in 5 months. I tried something with my drives and kind of worked. I had some great long drives and a few bad short drives. But, I am on the right track. My putting was great. I never did worse than a two putt. And I had a lot of long putts, too.

So, I scored a 46, +10. I am very happy with that. I had a birdie, par, and 5 bogeys. And my longest drive was 287, and that was awesome.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

41 (+6)

double, Par, Par, Par, bogey, bogey, Par, double, Par

A nice three putt from 20 feet will hurt, that and a strange right shot, not a shank, but just 30 degrees right, which was strange... Other than that, pretty solid

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

got out for 9 holes this morning before work. Good day though, started out hitting a small bucket of balls and then +1 (37). Not too hot on hitting fairways but around the greens was great. Just bogeyed a 215 par 3 by missing my 3 ft par putt. Best round so far this year.

Played the back 9 at The Federal Club for the first time this afternoon. Beautiful course, and easily the toughest I've ever played. I lost my ball in the second cut a few times, which normally isn't so bad at most courses around me. I shot a 50 and was really happy with it. The greens were brutal and I played them pretty well. The GIR and 3 putts listed on my card are a little misleading. The greens all run off and so I putted a lot from off the green and GolfShot marked those as GIR when they really weren't. If you find yourself in the Richmond area, make time for The Federal Club. It's a beautiful course and extremely well kept. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/251679/width/640/height/482][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/251679/width/640/height/482[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Today I was capable of playing a free 18-round at Ponte Vedra Beach Country Club. It was my first time playing and I shot a 93. Only had 4 pars. It wasn't by best round, but I'm still getting used to my new clubs (my first time using them). The distance I would use for a 7-iron is now in the 8 with my new clubs, so I have to get used to the added distance. I was teeing off great the first nine, but then on the back was hitting them to the left. Overall, it was a great day. I can't wait until I go to the range to practice this weekend.

Driver :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

3 Wood :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

4-9, PW, GW, SW :: Cobra AMP Steel

Putter :: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

Ball ::   

Bag :: Puma Orange Formation Stand Golf Bag

Played another 9 holes today after work, shot a 46 and earned another birdie (second ever, second in 5 days!). Had a pretty good round and left a good 3-4 shots out there on stupid mistakes. Bogey golf is right around the corner for me, very excited. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/251941/width/640/height/482][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/251941/width/640/height/482[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Had an awful round today and shot a 102 (54/48).  They'd just punched the greens and the ball didn't roll as much as it hopped/bounced and moved towards the hole.  Beyond that my tee shots were very inconsistent today but at least I was able to get out and enjoy a round.

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five." - Paul Harvey

77. Finally started hitting my irons well but my short game and putting was terrible. Putting got better on the back 9 but my birdie putts wouldn't drop despite hitting them exactly the way I wanted to. For how I was hitting the ball I should have shot a 72 but oh well playing there again tomorrow.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Shot a 93 yesterday at Old Orchard in NJ and played The usually today (Baylea) and shot a 97. Played like shit on the first 6 holes. I was very confident I fixed my slice the day before I played Old Orchard and so sure enough I hit the ball everywhere but straight. (at Bay Lea) But on the 7th I relaxed and remembered my tips from u trappers. After that I was automatic and hit my drive perfect. :-P

Shot a 95 on Saturday.  My iron play was fairly consistent for the entire round.  However, on the front 9 I couldn't hit a ball off the tee to save my life, but the putter was working well.  On the back 9 I figured out my tee shots and hit the ball well but couldn't putt worth a darn.  Oh well, if it was easy it wouldn't be any fun.... right?

Shot a 96 on Friday, it was my first time under 100! I am making sure to always count each stroke, and I didn't allow myself any mulligans .

Hit a 87 today first time broke 90 and my putting was terrible, normally one of the best part of my game. Still slicing me driver on most drives which is hurting my game. My irons play was the best today even manage a birdie. 41 points to top it off on a 25 handicap. Got to say thanks to the guys on here some of the tips on this forum help my me break 90 and hopefully in the near future 80

SpringHallow56.png

94 at a new course, hit the ball pretty well today.  My driving was pretty solid today, even though I only hit 46% fairways the ones I missed were usually just off the fairway.  It was my first time  I ever played 18 without a 3 putt too which was pretty cool but unfortunately I did not have any one putts either.

I played at Eagle Harbor Golf Course here in Orange Park (Jacksonville) Florida. I shot my best round of 87. I made 1 birdie, and 5 pars. I murdered the front nine, but only shot a +4 on the back nine. I'm really starting to get used to my new clubs. I still need to work on my drives. I believe I'm coming out-to-in because I hit the ball straight, but it always ends up going left. I used to have a mega slice, but the back nine I was nailing them straight. I had a few changes at birdies, but missed those opportunities.

I can't wait until I can play again. It was a perfect day.

Driver :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

3 Wood :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

4-9, PW, GW, SW :: Cobra AMP Steel

Putter :: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

Ball ::   

Bag :: Puma Orange Formation Stand Golf Bag

On one of my all time favorite course, i shot really good...

Front: 38, Back: 41, Total: 79

Putts: 14+19 = 33

FIR: 4+3 = 7

GIR: 3+4 = 7

up & downs: 4 out of 7

Ball Striking could have been better, but my short game was fantastic today, those 4 up and downs were chips that ended up with in 2 feet of the hole.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades