IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

21-4-2015

42-39/81

12 pars,3 bogies,3 doubles. Still having doubles which ruins the card, close again today to break 80, three bad bounces today which resulted ending in bunkers, not place to be to score well. Putter was good with 26 putts.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Played out at Boulder City Golf Course, first time, course is only 6600 from the tips so score should have been lower but things happen...Sloppy 79 with a double on a par 3 and also bogeys on 2 par 5's, only one birdie but overall guess I can't complain, I got to play and was my 22nd round of the year. Greens were really slick had 3, three putts also. But like I said what can you do.

Drumm Farm GC:  Par72  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds

40-45=85

The wind was howling, the fairways were soft, and I didn't have it today. I never hit a green on the front, but I 1 putted the first 6 holes.   From there.....it went downhill fast..LOL

Fairways: 10/14

Greens: 3!..........LOL

Putts: 29

Penalties 1

SS: 0/1

Birdies....the big goose egg!

Hole of the day was the 428yd 12th hole....... solid drive and 7-iron to 5-6 feet from the cup .........easy two-putt par...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I had the first match in my league this season.  We start off with a scramble before the real season starts in May.  So the 4 of us shot a 1 over for 9 holes.

I struck the ball really well.  We used my drives like half the time, and I had a really good long iron on the last hole giving us a 10 foot birdie putt.  Sadly that was the only putt of length that we made.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41 + 42 = 83 70.9/127 6550 yds. Par 72 Still having problems with the driver

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

4-22-2015: Walden Ponds GC, Ohio

71.8/ 134- played a lot harder with standing water in some spots and steady 20 MPH wind with gusts of 35.

42-44/ 86

Hit the driver the best I have hit it in a year with 10/14.  Missed two fairways with an iron from the box.  Wind made it hard with mid to high irons but still not hard enough for me to feel good about 5 greens and 33 putts.  2 penalties on the same hole...OUCH.  Can't wait to get back out and see if the driver was a fluke or if I found something!!

41-41=82

Horrible, horrible...horrible! The game has shown some signs of progress, but only for short periods.  My short iron play is hit or miss.

Fairways: 7/14

Greens: 3................again!  My iron play is no good.

Putts: 28

1 Birdie

0/1 SS

Highlight of the day was chipping-in twice.   Once for birdie...and the other for par.   My short game has been solid, but I kept leaving myself difficult save attempts today.  The rest of the day was spent hacking and scrambling......mostly unsuccessfully.

What's in Paul's Bag:

The weather in Western PA has been somewhat unpredictable in April this year. It's been more than two weeks since I posted an 18 hole score. Today I started in 39° weather and finished at 44° with some SNOW flurries and walked the course in 2 hours 45 minutes.

41-39=80. 10/14 fairways, 5 GIR, 31 putts.

After 13 holes I was 6 over par (71) and thought I had a chance to break 80, if I could shoot 2 over for the last 5 holes. Three straight bogies on 14, 15, and 16 shot that idea, and even though I had a chance for a birdie on 18 to shoot 79, I left my putt short.

I  love this game. :-P

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I shot an 84 and my goal was 82-84 so I achieved that. However the score didn't reflect how I played in essence. I didn't strike the ball all that well but I putted the best I have in years. I had 5 1-putt holes which never happens for me. If only my ball striking was where it should have been I could of shot 77-78 easily. The off and on rain all round didn't help either but a day on the course is 100x better than a day at work :beer:

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

95 at Talega (apologies to OC friends for not telling you in advance I was going to be there)... what an odd day. One in the drink, three out of bounds, SEVEN greens in regulation... and that would have been nine if you replace two instances of me saying "shucks, that's out of bounds" (or equivalent) with "mulligan." Which I know I can't say in a round, but ... other than four shots, I was hitting it well today. But then there are those four shots.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just joined the "trap". Although have lurked for years. Anyway first round of the year was even par 72. I hadn't played since October. Haven't shot par in 7-8 years but the stars aligned for a great round. Did everything well and had 30 footer to break par on the last. I just had to tell someone!

Played the front nine at Three Ridges golf course in Knoxville,Tn. It's a hilly 6415 yards with a 73.2 raiting and a slope of 128. I play here often and know the course well. I shot 39 with 6/7 FIR's, 4 GIR's, 16 putts one 3 putt, I got up and down 2/4 with one sand save. Only one birdie with 3 lagitamant chances. Overall a solid round considering I haven't played or practiced very much, I've been working on my daughter's game more than mine.

46 played my worst golf of the year hitting the highest GIR (47%) last night. No crazy bounces just poor golf. The two par 3's that usually give me the most trouble ended in 3 putts after hitting the green. I chunked two pitches on par 4's taking 4 freaking shots to get on the green before two putting for doubles. So weird because I started hitting the ball great. Par on #1 was about as good as I've ever hit it. All bad after that.

Dave :-)

39-40=79

Fairways:10/14

Greens: 6......bleh

Putts: 26.......the putter is saving my azz!

Birdies: 2

Penalties: 2

Iron play is shoddy...... still not there yet,and need to get dialed in!!  I'm throwing away too many shots and my GIR is atrocious.

What's in Paul's Bag:

I'd like to shoot the snow and freezing rain. Will be a few weeks while I heal up from golfer's elbow. But I am swinging clubs so that's productive already! See when I can get out there and get in my first game. The joys of living in Saskatchewan  Canada!

1st tourney round of the season at a very tough course for me and shot 74 (+3) two three putts but sitting in 24th I think going into day two. Chasing down a 67 so just having fun tomorrow. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tpX0aGlYncdm6ZUXQR14DMg/htmlview#
  • Upvote 1

99 :pound:

By far the worst round I have had as far back as I can remember, did manage a couple birdies but I had to post 94 for ESC and the computer didn't want to enter it lol.

I have been off the course for nearly 3 months with intense work schedule but this was just hideous I really need to get this back on track real soon I'm not a 90's shooter by any stretch and if this continues then I'm probably done.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition