IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Home course- Cinco Ranch

Cinco Tees (Black) 6922 yards Slope 133 Course Rating 73.8

42+48=90

Started off so well and was on pace for a 40 on the front nine but on the 8th I hit a 110 yard 56 degree (usually 95 yards and had 99 to the pin) over the bunker and almost into the street and I then proceeded to get a double instead of a par (Easiest hole on the course). Then I had a decent back nine going but with no pars and then I got an 8 on a par 4 after a disastrous tee shot.

Fun day and great weather and I noticed I am getting better but still have so much work!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Drumm Farm GC:  Par72  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds]

Saturday...I didn't play bad, but scored terribly.   I was leaking shots through the entire outward nine!

43- 36 =79

9/14 fairways

3 greens..........LOL

25 putts

1/2 SS

1 birdie

1 penalty

Sunday...the wind was blowing hard and I played even worse from tee to green in spite of the stats, but I did a good job chipping and putting.  I had trouble clubbing in the wind and just barely missed most of the greens in good places to allow me to save pars.

39-39=78

10-14 fairways

3 greens..........LOL

25 putts

1 penalty

1/1 SS

1 birdie

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Home Course - Prairie Lakes 71/62, 6800 yds

41 - 37 = 78

First time breaking 80 in the last 2 decades. I altered my grip last night (in line with the "How to Grip the Golf Club" thread) and practiced with it in front of the mirror. Used it today on the course and boy did it make a difference. I made back to back birdies on the front 9th and back 1st. Those were my first birdies in 3 months of solid playing every week and practicing a good bit. My drives were decent today, my irons were really good and I managed not to kill myself with the putter. Only had 1 3-putt, where I have been averaging 3-4 a round.

Fairways - 6/14 (This seems low, but I had 4-5 that were just off the fairway in the first cut, or slightly off the fairway in the rough, but still had good shots into the green for my second)

GIR - 8/18 (This is way better than I typically average, and it made a huge different in my score)

Putts - 31 (again, well under my typical average of 36-38)

• Upvote 2

• Administrator

73 at Sewickley Heights Golf Club. Would've been better if I had not been practicing on the first 9.25 holes… But I made some pretty good pars from some odd places. :)

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/309229

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5/5/2015

43/39=82 one out bound and one in water so two three off the tee cost me, short game was tops.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Front nine

2 Quads 1 Triple One Birdie

Back nine

1 Bogey 1 Birdie

Was playing a match play match too and I still managed to win...

Eagles Nest GC Loveland, OH. Par 71 70.6/119 39-46. Had a nice round going the 14 but then hit a stretch of holes that meandered back into the woods. It required some good target golf which escaped me. Three straight doubles on that stretch led to a little blow up. All in all not a terrible day. 31 putts, 7/14 fairways, 9 GIR

42 men's club last night in rain, wind and sub 50 temps. Despite hitting the ball well in poor conditions I was a goober around the greens. Missed an easy 4' putt to save par on 2. Two 3 putts in the last three holes and chunked wedge that led to bogey on 9.

I let it get away from me could have easily posted the low gross of the day because everyone else struggled in the weather. This was my fist week after missing the first two due to a hectic schedule so I was a little rusty for league play but I felt like I had a 38 in me.

Dave :-)

Shot a 39/45-84 today. Decided to test myself and play the tips (7,146 yards)

I played well on the front which is normally the opposite for me. Off the tee I was all over the place with the driver but I was able to hit some good iron shots to save some strokes. Playing from the tips I was able to get some work with my long irons and I hit them rather well including my shot of the day with a hybrid. The wind was howling today and on the longest par 4 (457 yards), I hit a solid 3 wood that just died in the wind but landed in the middle of the fairway. Hit my hybrid from 215 dead into the wind to 10 feet and of course I missed the birdie putt :pound:

Fairways : 8/14 (Hit 2 fairways with the driver)

GIR: 8/18

Putts: 33

Iron play is improving with each round, which use to be my strength. The course I played at had a 10 round for $200 package which I took advantage of. I can also play another course which isn't as good but it's a hell of a deal.

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

I've never broken 80. Trending to low 80's recently. Really good round going yesterday at Farmstead CC. I never total my score during a round for fear of putting undue pressure on myself coming down the stretch. So, after 2-5 par runs, knew I was close & it came down to the last hole ... 160 yd par 3, but with water on both sides of green. Solid 7 iron, but knew I pushed it ... PLUNK. Aiiiii, was fortunate to manage a double bogie on the last hole, for an 81. Only blow up of the day...

LOL - golf gods apparently, no obviously aren't willing to give it to me yet ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

38-41-79

SGCC Gold Tees

71.8/132

Two poor shots on the Par 5's led to bogeys, and one awful drive led to a bogey.  Other than that, played pretty well.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Kind of sloppy 83 last night. Was +5 standing on the forth tee and the front didn't get much better. Been raining every day so the rough was like shaggy bubble gum just couldn't get a club through it. I had lots of shots fall well short of where I usually would hit it.

Dave :-)

Played 9 holes today. Shot a 42. Had 4 pars. Left a birdie putt inches short and then on another hole I missed a 2 1/2 foot putt. Finished the 9th hole which is quite sloped with a par chip in which broke to the right and went in the cup.

The most interesting untold fact is that just two years ago I could only dream of breaking 50.