IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played a quick 9 from the reds.  So much rain, so much scoring...  Fired at everything.  Getting much more used to going deep.

Crystal Falls Golf Course
HOLE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 TOTAL
35.5/124
Red
403 88 288 303 319 335 432 106 340 2,614
Handicap 5 9 7 6 4 2 3 8 1
Par 5 3 4 4 4 4 5 3 4 36
Score 5 3 3 3 4 4 3 2 5 32
+/-
Net Score 5 3 3 3 4 3 3 2 4 30
Fairway 85.7%
Putts 2 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 2 1.6
1st Putt Dist 15 20 4 1 20 15 3 1 20 11
Approach Shot 77.8%
Chips 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 3
Up and Down 50%
GIR 88.9%
GIR+1 100%
GIR-1 1

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

18 holes on a short but tight local par 72 - shot an 86 (43/43)

my short game has gone to crap - need to get it working

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38-40=78 @ River Forest CC , Freeport, PA

Nothing exciting.

11 pars

7 bogies

0 birdies

0 doubles

2 one-putts

16 two-putts

0 three-putts

34 total putts

Positive result: consist all day long

Negative result: missed 3 birdie putts inside 8 feet

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

38-40=78 @ River Forest CC, Freeport, PA

Nothing exciting.

That'd get me excited if it were my score :-) .

101 & 99 on two weekend rounds, CR 71.4/128.  HI staying put at 16.9.  It may go up higher until I get used to my new putter.

2 & 1 GIRs as my ball striking was nowhere to be found.  37 (ouch) & 33 putts - 1st time playing with my new putter.   Drives were consistent at 64% FIR.    Chipping, pitching, bunker shots were below par.   Just couldn't get going, that's all.   Yeah, one more excuse besides the new putter, I played the round coming off of cold and was struggling to get my balance during swing.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Played a scramble over the weekend. I was the A player and being ridden like an old mule. We started out birdie, birdie, birdie playing all my shots. Did I mention it was all the beer you could drink? I was on some medication that heightened the effect of the alcohol. For the next 6 holes I maybe contributed 1 or 2 shots. I feel down in a bunker after one shot. I started drinking cokes like mad to hopefully counter the effects of the alcohol. Well, the beer finally wore off on the back side and we finished 8 under. No more beer while I'm golfing!!!!!

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Just got back from Mt Woodson,Ramona ,just outside San Diego.

We both shot 93.

My two rounds before that were Pailute Wolf and Painted Desert Las Vegas,I broke 100 on both but not by much.

First time playing each of these.

Pretty good day for me. It finally rained over the weekend (Hallelujah!) so the greens were soft enough to hold my shots. I also bought some decent balls for once (NXT Tours) so maybe that helped, who knows? Was playing the golf of my life on my 3rd nine when all hell broke loose and the skies opened up. In fairness I had my worst 3 holes left and would have probably finished +3 to +5.

3 birdies

8 pars

10 bogeys

3 doubles

I have been working on my swing a lot, and while it may not look much prettier, I seem to have at least pretty much eliminated the complete shanks or tops where the ball hardly moves towards the target leading to double and triple bogeys.

36-47 = 83 Myrtle Beach National - West Opening nine featured a birdie and a bogey (3-putt) along with 7 pars. First time I've shot even par over 9 holes. Back 9 featured overly aggressive Driving and a lack of a decent putting game. Along with 2 doubles and a triple.

Drumm Farm GC:   (Course Par 72)  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds

I haven't played much lately because it seems like every opportunity I have to play, a storm front rolls through. These aren't all day rain events......it only rains when I want to play!  LOL

37-40= 77

I played well tee to green but an ice cold putter killed me.   I had several good looks at birdie and only made 1........I also missed a few easy par saves.  I could have easily scored level par today if I could make those make-able short putts.

Fairways: 12/14

Greens: 8

Putts: 30

Birdies: 1

SS: 1/2

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Shaker Run GC 68.4/ 124 42-41 83 I was very happy with the round despite the score. I have had several range sessions the past 9 days after firing up a 92 on the same course last week. I had fallen in love with my new irons and the fact that when I swung HARD I could fly a 7 iron 180 yards. It wasn't until I put up the 92 with 5 lost balls that it hit me like a hammer I was spraying the ball so bad. I worked and worked at an ~85% swing speed, hitting the 7i about 160-165 but keeping the ball in play. That really showed today. I have also been working on avoiding "my big miss" which is a hard snap hook. Didn't have a single one of those today. Lost two balls OB, one was due to leaving the face open and pushing it right, the other was due to ignorance of the course. I hit a drive exactly where I wanted to thinking the hole turned right (blind tee) and when we got up there both me and my partner found we were lost OB (27 hole course, did not play this nine on our first visit last week). All in all, very encouraged with the new swing thought and tempo. It is nice to find the center of the club face more often!!

An 83 year old asked if I would like to join him in a round of par 3 this morning so I agreed to go. The grass on the greens was the highest I ever seen it and at 8:30 in the morning they were still very wet and very slow. The fairways had high grass that wouldn't allow for much roll either. Still I ended up with 6 bogeys, 1 double bogey on my only three putt of the day, and two pars for a score of 35.

Casta Del Sol GC

60 par

/58.1 rating

/96 slope

/3670 yards

Shot a personal best 84 with 35 putts. Been a while since I played, so felt pretty good about this minus a couple of bad shots, burning the edge on quite a few putts, and really fading at the end of the round...

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Hey everyone, new to the forum here and thought my first post should be about my latest round of golf!

Course: Par 72, 70.8/127, 6350 yards

Shot 84. 41-43.  Was playing a 2 man best ball match at my home course.  I was shaky off the start going 5 over after my first 3 holes.  I settled down and birdied the 4th, and got pars on 5,6,7,8 and finished my front 9 with a bogey, finishing 5 over 41 for the front 9.  Back 9 wasn't this best golf, doubled the 10th, and proceeded to bogey 11,12,13,14,15, and then I finished with 3 straight pars on 16,17, and 18 to finish with a 7 over, 43 and a 84 total.

We ended up winning our best ball match 5 and 4.  It is handicapped, 80% of your handicap factor and playing off the lowest handicap in the group.  My partner is a 2.1, and he shot 74.  Was a lot of fun to play some sort of competitive golf.  It was an very inconsistent round but it had a lot of good swings in it! Keeps me coming back.

No birdies, a couple doubles but nothing terribly awful.

Lost a good score due to bad putting. Making much better contact with irons than I have the last month or so. Back to the range this week for more iron work.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Shot an 80 with a lot of bad and good. Scored a 46 on the front and 34 on the back. I was +5 after 2 holes and couldn't make a putt the whole side. The backside totally different with 3 birdies and one bogey. Made almost every putt on the side. At least I finished with a good taste in my mouth.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

More consistent today. Only one birdie but shot 76. Made several par saving putts. Cut down an old Odyssey 2 ball belly putter and made it standard length and put a Super Stroke grip on. Putts like a charm.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Thursday night 9 hole league... a night to forget.  First it was a crazy day at work and was there 2 hours past my last patient.  Then I had a meeting and had to speed across town to make my tee time.  Ended up hitting 10 balls and a couple of putts before I teed off.  Double bogeyed the first 4 holes with 3 balls in hazards, bogeyed the next 3 holes and parred the last 2.  Really had no idea where the ball was going all night.

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade: