IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

On Saturday i played My club's championship Semifinal against a 7 index. ( me at 2 ). Lost first hole but then started to play preatty good till 8th hole were I miss the green long ending with a double bogey to loose another hole, either way i was 2 UP. 

A lot of par's after that to win 13th and 14th to get 4 UP and 4 to play. Leave myself 2 putts from 7 feet to win the match on 15th. Birdied 16th just for practice and we walked to the clubhouse.

Shoot 1 over. My longest putt made was from 4 feet :(

On Sunday the grand 36 holes Final was suspended because of electric storms. We will been playing it next saturday. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On what might have been the last round of the year I threw down a nice 88.  I know I could have shave at least 3 shots off that as I had 3 putts that stopped 2" away from the hole that should have been in.  I cant complain for fall golf in NE.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

40-43-83

Not a bad score on the face of it, but I judge a lot of my scores around whether I think I could have done better or worse. Saturday's 83 was probably about the best I was going to do because I generally drove it poorly and hit few greens, but I putted lights out. Didn't 3-putt once and made at least 4 putts in the 15 foot range, one for birdie.

Bill M

85 with three 3-putt bogies :cry:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

79 or a differential of 7.0 if we were still in season.  Great weather today and tomorrow will end with the weekend,

Made a nice recovery shot from the rough with a downhill lie, trees branches blocking a higher shot and also had to clear a water hazard. Punch faded a 6-iron under the tree limbs and over the hazard, ran up the fairway a bit and on to the green.  Rolled in a 15 footer for birdie and the 79. Sometimes even I can hit the shot required,

Brian Kuehn

I squeezed in two more rounds this weekend.  I shot 89 and 86.  Was a pretty good weekend!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

SGCC Blue Tees

36-41-77 

7 GIR's No Biridies

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played at a new course today. Tee boxes and fairways not in the best condition but I'm guessing that's because of the season and how late it is here in Indiana (36 degrees today) but the greens were real nice!

shot a 71 (par 68) which is my best score relative to par ever. Drove the ball well, irons were really good for the most part and I putt well. I'll def play here again. Great course to practice in. Dog legs left and rights for the tee shots. I flirted w shooting par but really have it away at the end. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dsal89 said:

Played at a new course today. Tee boxes and fairways not in the best condition but I'm guessing that's because of the season and how late it is here in Indiana (36 degrees today) but the greens were real nice!

shot a 71 (par 68) which is my best score relative to par ever. Drove the ball well, irons were really good for the most part and I putt well. I'll def play here again. Great course to practice in. Dog legs left and rights for the tee shots. I flirted w shooting par but really have it away at the end. 

Impressive !! especially on a new course, way to go. 71 is just a dream to me, thats awesome. When you go back a second time and are more familiar i bet Par is in the bag. Good luck and nice round !

• Upvote 1

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

5 hours ago, Strat-Pack said:

Impressive !! especially on a new course, way to go. 71 is just a dream to me, thats awesome. When you go back a second time and are more familiar i bet Par is in the bag. Good luck and nice round !

Thanks! I've shot in the 70s a few times this year and they all seem to just happen and everything just clicks. I've also shot a 91 this year. Most of my issue come from how well I drive that day. I've been horrible at extending my arms and rolling the wrists and usually stay tucked and slice the ball or just smother it and pull it. 

I only get to play 2 times a month now so I had a lot of reflection and watch a lot of videos and took a few practice swings throughout my off time and it helped. I was able to shape it a bit both ways which was great too. 

And my 71 is really just a 75 at a normal sized course and I'm sure that is more than a dream for you! After I broke 90 good scores seemed to pour in. It'll happen to you 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dsal89 said:

Thanks! I've shot in the 70s a few times this year and they all seem to just happen and everything just clicks. I've also shot a 91 this year. Most of my issue come from how well I drive that day. I've been horrible at extending my arms and rolling the wrists and usually stay tucked and slice the ball or just smother it and pull it. 

I only get to play 2 times a month now so I had a lot of reflection and watch a lot of videos and took a few practice swings throughout my off time and it helped. I was able to shape it a bit both ways which was great too. 

And my 71 is really just a 75 at a normal sized course and I'm sure that is more than a dream for you! After I broke 90 good scores seemed to pour in. It'll happen to you 

Im shooting in the mid 80's on a good day. Breaking 80 is my next goal and im focused on it for sure. The 2017 goals thread opens in a day or two and im gonna document my commitment so to speak. Look forward to seeing what everybody is shooting for. 79 for me and PAR for you, haha. Lets make it happen !!

• Upvote 1

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

5 hours ago, Strat-Pack said:

Im shooting in the mid 80's on a good day. Breaking 80 is my next goal and im focused on it for sure. The 2017 goals thread opens in a day or two and im gonna document my commitment so to speak. Look forward to seeing what everybody is shooting for. 79 for me and PAR for you, haha. Lets make it happen !!

Love the positivity! 

40-40-80

A record occurrence for me in this round: I birdied all the par 3's! That's pretty difficult at my club because one of the par 3's is a 238 yard hole, but that was the closest shot I hit, to about 3 feet. It is also the first time I made four birdies without breaking 80. Didn't miss greens by much but too many failed attempts on easy up and downs.

Bill M

34/37=71 (1 under / rating 71,2). Really good start, 3 under thru 8 failing to sink a 6 footer for eagle on 4th. Bogey 9th and OB double bogey 10th. Birdied the 17th. 14 GIR. 

3rd time i broke par this year. hope next year this rounds comes more often.