IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Brookside Course 1 (Ladies tees: 6000 yards): 43/39 Did back 9 alone first then front 9 with 3 ladies. No rating for the course, but I would estimate the difficulty to be about the same as Course 2 blues which is about 69/123. 1 triple, 1 double, 7 bogeys, 7 pars, 2 purely lucky birdies. 14 FW, 8 GIR, 35 putts. I used a 45 degree club to carry 110 whereas normally it is a 175-185 forced carry par 3. There was a horrified look on some ladies behind me when I was hitting off the same tees as the ladies in my party on the front 9. They really should make a man's rating on the red tees. I'm probably going to do this from now on, but figure out a time I can go myself for the entire round. It'll be "embarrassing" until I can break into the mid 70's. . . Actually, who gives a crap what other people think? It was a fun round.

I agree with you about the tees.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

85 front 42 back 43 rate 73.4 slope 139 indexed 9.5

0 birdies :hmm:

8 pars

7 bogeys

3 dubs :poo:

4 3 putts :pound:

13/14 FIR

10/18 GIR

38 Putts :pound::censored::poo::mad:

I think I only made 1 putt of 6' or more the entire day I just could not get the freaking ball in the hole at all and it just pisses me off, one of the par 5's measures right at 600 yards and I'm on in 3 from 20' and 3 putt again :censored: . I'm going  to have to make some changes in how I putt and one of them will be to get my hands apart again, I have a long grip on this putter and I need to use it to my advantage and I remember I used to putt that way.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

82 I got in 16 holes after work today... I was racing the sunset and had to skip two par 4s on the back 9 Could have been the day I officially broke 90!
Titleist 910D2 Titleist 910F 19* Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW Top Flite Tour Wedge 56* Cleveland Smart Square Putter

Today I shot an 86, 45 front and 41 in the back. My putting was horrendous as I played a faster greens yesterday and was leaving everything way short today. Driver and iron game was ok but the short game was disaster pitching and chipping. The weather was perfect and the beer tasted great as always so can't be to upset.

96 :bugout: 58 front :pound: 38 back :dance: ESC 89 ;-) Rate 73.4 slope 139 indexed 11.9

Okay this was just a little bit strange to say the least but this is how it went down, I really had a lot on my mind before it started and it obviously showed a lot. I have to go back to work finally and I was really busy on the phone between shots with my business rep at my union and the contractor so I was a bit more than pre occupied during the first 9. Funny thing I missed a hole in one by maybe half an inch the ball rolled right over the back lip from 170 yards. I wound up winning 3 skins with my 3 birdies.

Funny I thought of that guy @KyleAnthony when I shot these 2 polar opposite 9's, I thought maybe Erik will tell me I don't break 90 and this was just me having all my bad holes on the front 9. ;-)

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Played Cinnebar Hills today- 6561/ 72.6/ 136 Shot 77 and again missed a number of makeable putts inside 20'. My misses are always reading more break than is there. Hard habit to break.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

46-42-88

It was overcast when we teed off and it was pretty chilly in Philly, but when the sun came out it was very nice. But it was a tough day in the wind. I didn't hit it all that bad but misplayed the wind a number of times, at one point watching a long iron drift thirty yards right and go OB. Made one birdie on a 165 yard par 3 that looked like it was going to be an ace most of the way, but it just missed hitting the pin and ended up just behind the hole.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10/19 - 77 from senior tees at Saxon GC

10 GIR, 13 pars, 5 bogies, 32 putts

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Went 52 front 37 back today...

[quote name="smellysell" url="/t/146/whatd-you-shoot-today/12870#post_1065211"] 51/41 today. WTF![/quote] 50/39 today. This shit is getting old, fast!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

50/39 today. This shit is getting old, fast!

It's better than 39/50. ;-)

Played a course I hadn't played in awhile yesterday, as they've recently completely replace all their greens.  Very pleased with the new greens and overall  course conditions.....definitely a stop for @MacDutch and his merry little group next year!

6,550 yards.  71,2/122, par 72.

80 with a double on 10 and some very mediocre putting that did not reflect the high quality of the new greens at all....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Saturday,

Community Golf Club, Dales Course, Dayton, OH

45-44-89

Really slapped the ball all over the park today, but a couple of really nice shots resulted in birdies and kept me under 90. It's nice to finally have a Shot of The Week to post.

Sunday,

Kittyhawk Golf Center, Hawk Course, Dayton, OH

51-52-103

My ball-striking might have actually been a bit better than Saturday, but more hazards, more traps and more trees made results very relative. The biggest disappointment was putting. I'd been feeling pretty good about it in recent rounds, but was clueless today. Everything I thought would break went straight. If I read straight it would break. Realistically, the stroke itself must have been pretty off.

Shooting 80s and 90s at places like the Dales Course is all well and good, but doing it at Kittyhawk is something different. I understand this on a factual level, but not on an emotional level. Sunday left me more upset than I probably should have been.

It's better than 39/50.  ;-)

I guess that's true, haha. Also promising I guess that I'm not folding like a tent after the rough starts.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

2 days in a row of horrible practice rounds. Played a total of 24 holes between yesterday and today. I pulled a lot of shots, and overshot all my chips. Got a few pars spattered in between bogeys, triples and doubles. I made only 4 birdie attempts from 24 holes.

Still waiting for my hand to heal fully before really swinging. I hope in less than a week. B-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I shot a respectable 40/38, 78 today at Magnolia Creek CC.  Six bogeys and twelve pars with really bad lag putting!!!

Putter:  Classic Black Platinum 1

Driver:  R1 Stiff flex

3 Wood:  AMP - Regular flex, 15 degrees

3 Hybrid:  Baffler T-Rail - Regular flex, 19 degrees

Irons: :tmade: MC Forged - PW-4

Wedges: :cleve: 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Blade Black Satin - 52.10 and 58.10

Ball:  Pro V1x

Stone Canyon: par72..............73.2CR 141slope

39-39=78

I normally don't complain about 78's on this course, but I played very well today.  I played well enough tee to green to flirt with par, but I just can't seem to get it done.

Fairways...............9/13....damn good, and the misses were small.

Greens.........12.........pretty good, but I left myself a few extremely challenging lags.

Putts............35!!  ......arghhhhh!    three 3-putts!  I was on the wrong side of a few steep slopes that made lagging close near impossible.

Penalties.....only 1, and this was on a 2nd shot into a par 5........instant double Bogey....bleh.

I had 5 good looks at birdie inside of 10' and missed 4.........

The one I didn't miss.............

I holed the above putt..........center cut, baby!! LOL

Today could have, and really should have been a much better day!!!

Rant Off...........

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

One last practice 9 hole round Brookside Back 9 white tees:

Looks like my hand is healing. I had a couple moments of glory with my short game. I chunked a bunch of approach shots, but "managed" to keep them on two holes. Finally starting to get the feel of the my swing. Had a bunch of good drives and good approach shots. Everything was shorter today with the fog.

Past up a couple players who each took three shots off the tee and approaches. Hit my tee shot when safe and walked past them as they were getting to the green. What's amazing is that they kept up with me in their cart for two holes after I passed them. I totally lost them on the last few holes. Pace of play was around 15 minutes for the hole where I waited for them, and they hadn't even started putting.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano