IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played 9 holes at 6:15 am. Beautiful conditions - crisp, clear morning with a variable breeze. Shot 4 over for 9. 4 pars, 1 double, 3 bogeys, 1 birdie. Could have been one better I feel, with 2 3-putts. I'm starting to believe in my dream of getting to 9 or better before the season is over ...

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

75. 7 over par including a triple bogey and a double on the 18th. Not at all bad! Has moved my hanidcap from 11.5 to 10.6. Still hoping to be 8 or better by the end of thje season.

Benefits of short game practise (Pelz system) beginning to show. I gave myself 5 decent birdie chances and converted 2.

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

Played in the first real tournament of the year. Started out with a strong 69 first round (only one bogey...) to be tied for the lead after the first day.

Second day, I'll admit, the nerves got to me a bit on the first tee. After a double bogey to start, the putter went to the wayside. Ended the round with 37 putts and a three over 75 to finish in a tie for 7th. Not too bad considering I've never had a top 10 playing in an NNGA event, but it should have been a lot better.

Here's a link to the leaderboard:

http://www.nnga.org/tournament/resul...rnley_amateur/

And my scorecards:

http://www.nnga.org/tournament/resul...rokeCard_46461

Next up: a fun three person scramble for the City of Reno's Corporate Challenge.

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

77 yesterday. Let 3 go on the last 3 holes, one for birdie, the other 2 par, all 3 less than 8 feet. (70.0/126)

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

46. I was a mess yesterday. We played the back 9 at White Lake Oaks. The driver was all over the place. I did hit a few nice shots with the hybrid and my distance control with my irons was pretty good. I made my first birdie of the year on the same hole where a few weeks ago I made my first par of the year. I am now -1 on that hole for the year (2 rounds). My back is still hurting pretty badly and I am having a hard time getting down on full shots with my wedges.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Played yesterday, shot 55 - 50. Hit 4/13 Fairways, 1/18 GIR, 37 putts, 4 triples and 2 snowmen....only 3rd time out this year so far, not a good day. My ball striking has been very inconsistent and I have developed this pull-draw on the majority of my drives (3W) and irons, except I still sliced the 3 Drivers I hit...short game is still in hibernation....UGH....but I was putting with a foreign putter as mine gets re-gripped, so thats my excuse!

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

shot a 106... blehhh. driver was good, and am trying to instill a "swing left" mentality to most of my clubs.

will start putting in more practice chipping and putting, as it is the worst aspect of my game right now.

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

I played 36 yesterday. The morning 18 was an 87 - my first time breaking 90! One birdie, 6 pars, 6 bogeys, and 5 doubles. I was so proud of my birdie: it was on the 18hcp, but still: 125 or so yard par-3, eight bunkers guarding. I started a 6-iron at the center of the green and faded it to a front-right pin position that was right over a bunker. It rolled to about a foot. Nifty thing, too, is that one of the other guys in the group made birdie too. I followed it was a par on the next hole, so I didn't lose it right away.

Then the wheels came off on the hybrid, the 3-wood, and the putter in the afternoon and I shot a 97. And I hurt my lower side. Still hurts today. But I shot that 87 in the morning, and that makes me smile.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 82 yesterday,best game so far this year...But,I've been breaking 90 lately which is a good thing,LOL!..

Driver- HiBore XL 9.5°
Hybrids- #3,#4 and #5
Irons- RAC CB/MB combo
Wedge- Vokey 52° Oil Can
56° CG-1060° CG-10Putter- CorzaBall-Bag- '08 Monaco

Shot 89 (Par 71) today. First real 18 hole round this year and it was windy as f*** (25-30mph) steady. Still nice to get out and I didn't shoot too bad for how crappy it was.

In The Bag:
905R UST V2 Stiff
906F2 UST V2 Stiff
3DX dc 17* Stiff
2300 IM 4-PW Stiff CG 12 Black Pearl 52*, 56*, 60* C67 Pro V1x

lets see what did I shoot today
Hole 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112131415161718
Par 4 3 4 4 4 4 3 4 4--- 34 5 4 4 3 5 5 3 4 4--37 71
Score 4 2 4 4 4 4 3 4 3---32 3 5 4 3 5 4 3 3 5--35 67

GIR: 17/18
Eagles: 1
Birdies: 4
Pars:11
Bogeys:2
fairways hit: 13/14
average drive: 284.5 (3-wood) (i took my drives on 10 and 14 and averaged them)

Notes: Good wedge to 2, from 133... made birdie.... hit a 4-iron, and sand wedge to 9 about 5 feet made that... hit a 3-wood and a 7-iron to 10... about 3 feet. made eagle... Over clubbed with 3-iron at 11... hit my second over the green... took three to get down made 5.... 15 I hit a driver to the right... hacked out... hit a lob wedge to 8 feet made 4... 17... I hit a 4-iron and a sand wedge to two feet made 3... 18 I hit 2-iron, 4-iron in the middle of the green and three putted for bogey... not bad 67... but 31 putts I had an awful day on the greens... ball striking was good though...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

first round in 8 that i didn't break 90, shot 91. it's becoming clear to me that although i'm bombing my drives, my home course does not allow for the "gouge" part. although my bomb is 250-265 (not 300+ like most everyone else on this forum) and we're getting zero roll right now with as wet as it's been. on a 400 yard par 4, i was 150 yards out but absolutely buried in the rough. it took three shots from there to reach the green since i kept landing in the rough. i've learned my lesson that i need to take my lumps and chip out when i have a lie like that....silver lining is that i had two 8s, so reported 89 since my max score is 7.

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

lets see what did I shoot today

Sounds like your putter was workin' good enough!!!! Good round!

In my bag:
Launcher 460 9 degree aldila stiff shaft
13 degree fairway wood aldila stiff shaft
Halo 2i hybrid stiff shaft
CG4 irons 4 thru PW regular graphite shaftsCG10 wedges 52,56, and 60 degreeOdyssey Putter #4

86 on Sunday. Relatively easy course but a decent round for me. It was also my first 18 hole round of the year, so I was fairly pleased the results. Hit the ball well of the tee, short game needs work, as always.

• Administrator
77, blech . Aerated greens, so that didn't help, but I was pretty blah all day. No good shots, but no horrible bad shots either. Just eh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets