IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 99 (par 72, 67.3/121, 5,700 yards). I didn't really do much of anything well today. Given how I played, I'm surprised there are as many bogeys as there are on that scorecard. Hard to make pars when you hit 2/18 GIR and can't putt worth a damn. :-\ [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/288308/width/640/height/484][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/288308/width/640/height/484[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

shot a 82 today... miserable back 9... 11 over

Par 70. I think its 5600 yards... short. The fairway grass is long and patchy the greens are rough, and small, but what do I expect for all you can play for $10

Had a double and a tripple on the back both because of OB. actually had 2 doubles on the back... i was 1 under on 7 after a double on 2. just lost the swing a couple times and made 2 compounding mistakes... in reality if I could have 3 swings back I could probably have taken 5 strokes off that score... what a game.

Ugh. Shot a 101, or about a +26 differential.

Left my driver and woods in the car and did a hybrid+irons round. It worked pretty well on the front nine, although I got tired of 4I-4I-chip-putt-putt bogeys. The back nine was quite a bit more frustrating, as my swing went south and I picked up a nasty strong draw / small hook that I could neither shake nor compensate for adequately. Did have one nice 200 yard approach with the hybrid that started at the right side of the green and drew back, just slightly over-drawing past the pin, but I also ended up with an OB (by 3 inches....) and lost a ball that I think must have lodged in a tree. That one was annoying because it was almost a nice 7I over some trees, but it drew into the last tree and was never seen again.

Handicap didn't move, though. Need to start practicing more at the range, my swing is leaving me and on-course practice isn't getting the job done.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Shot 100. Haven't broken into the triple digits in a long time. The front 9 was only 45. The back was 55. I put multiple shots in the water or OB, skulled perfect approach lies, and just didn't hit any of my clubs well, including the putter. Also carded my first +5 in a while. On the plus side it was on a new course that was quite enjoyable. I wish I could say it was a bear of a course, but it wasn't. Just bad golf on my part.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I'm still rolling along......

75.1cr 141slope

4th of July: 79

Thur: 75

Fri: 75

I'm trending a +0.5!   Playing the back tees has made a big difference for me because I'm shooting the same scores from tees rated 2.6 shots tougher.  Instant HC reduction......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

what a difference a day can make... or some needed practice on the putting green shot 79 and won a little money at my mens club friday gathering. I have a 7.6 index but my course handicap is 10.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by onesome

what a difference a day can make... or some needed practice on the putting green shot 79 and won a little money at my mens club friday gathering. I have a 7.6 index but my course handicap is 10.

You play tough courses

I can dig it.....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Got to play a course out town today, a real treat for me. Idabel Country Club - 67.8/118  Front nine- 39/ Back nine - 56

Played with a guy I work with. He doesn't play by the rules. I think he was amazed at what I shot on the front. I have played this course years ago but never shot that good. The front nine is a real "course management" kind of lay out. I only used my driver off 2 tee boxes.

At the turn his son-in-law showed up to play. This guy would not shut up, blah, blah, blah....He really should have been playing from the front tees, but he had too much pride. During the 10th hole I got rattled by his constant blabbering, par on 10 thankfully, but I let his mouth get men rattled. After 10 it was bogey, triple bogey, double bogey, and then carded a 15 on a par 4, par, par, double, double. I tell you this guy wouldn't shut up. I said something to the guy I work with, but he never said anything to "blabber mouth" . Out of respect for the guy I work with I didn't say anything to the kid, I wanted to tell him shut his mouth. None of the guys I know play by the rules, want to play by the rules, or have any kind of desire to work at getting better. Vanity is more important than putting in the effort to get better.

I realize I'm faced with the decision to keep on playing with them or not (I know the answer) I'm taking this as a lesson in mental fortitude, which obviously I lack in. I might have my wife come with me while I play and have her talk constantly about shopping, shoes, Avon, what she wants to do with her hair, etc....this might help me get mentally stronger, because I know there will come a time, in a tournament situation that someone does this blabbering and I want to be ready......

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Played 9 holes yesterday. It was a hot one. Day started out pretty rough, after hitting my drive on the second hole, my driver shaft snapped in half right between the head and ferrule. This was only the 3rd time I've used this driver... Had to finish the round with the 3 wood, luckily I hit it fairly well. Putting let me down too, nothing wanted to drop...just wanted to burn the edge.

Ended the day with a 45 (+9) and a task to find a new driver shaft.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

45 + 45 for 90, and I would have been really unhappy with it, but I played the 18th so well that I left the course with a smile.

An ugly 103 (55/48) at a course I had never played before. We were definitely back one too many sets of tees for the first 9 (the course is 3 9 hole courses where you get sent out on 2 of them), but those same tees played well for our back 9. 8/14 fairways, 2 GIRs , 36 putts (2 3 putts) and a few lost balls.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Been playing crappy all year and out of nowhere I shoot a 69 today, 6600 yards.  Third time I've broken 70 and first time in almost 3 years.  Betcha I'll be back in the 80's next week.  Gotta love this game.

Regards,

John

Super stoked about my round today.  This was only my 9th round of Golf ever.. just recently started playing.   I played 9 holes and shot a 41 on the front 9.  Fairly easy course over all so its nothing to special.. but I was very happy with pretty much every aspect of my game.   Drives were decent and straight, approach shots were fairly consistent, and short game was the best to date.

Other than a guy hitting onto my green and about knocking my head off while I was putting, it was a great round!

Jeff

80 with 3 doubles. Ugh.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Played a "practice" round this morning with some buddies at a course where I could potentially be playing in a tournment in 2 weeks, shot 92 with 5 penalty strokes and only hit 1 fairway....it was hot but my swing was not good today, but 3 of the 5 penalty strokes were on balls 5-10 yards max off the fairway that we could not find - dang cow pasture course!  An outing behind us kind of kept us on our toes, other guys in my group had the same issue, oh well, its only 1 day!

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z)