IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

My kids got to play at a really nice local country club today. He shot something like a 41 my daughter shot around 46. He said he was goofing around, while his childhood friend shot a 36. I don't know the 9 hole ratings, but the 18 hole rating is 70.8/128.

I hit balls all day to figure out what clubs to use. I think I settled on a set, and will play next week. Possibly 9 tomorrow. I'm overspending on golf these days, and planned a trip this coming week to Texas to play, and visit my grand-aunt. Hence, my golfing budget is in a deficit for the time being. :-( , but I get to play at a really nice course Thursday! :dance:

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a +1, 73 yesterday.Β  Had 4 birdies all on the back nine, with 3 of them in a row on 16, 17, 18.Β  Missed a couple of short putts on holes 1 and 2, and double bogeyed 9.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Played some of my best golf today. Scored 36 points stableford. Went round in 100 for a net score of 72(par 71)

Would had an amazing shot if I didnt have to take 5 penalty points from the easiest par 3 on the course. Managed to hit two tee shots thick into the ravine. Absolutely gutted. Shot my third tee in three which would have gave me an over all round out 95.

Cant believe I bombed so much on the 18th. :(

Ahh well we live and learn.

81, on short tees on a course I know very well. Couldn't hit an iron very well(3 of 18 :yucky: )Β but short game was on point. Changed my entire putting stance/grip/stroke 3 weeks ago and just got new grip and had 26 putts with eight 1 putts and 1 chip in 0. Drive for show but for dough B-) .

James

Shot a personal best 90 (43/47) on my home course today. First time playing this season where all the things I've been working on with my lessons over the past few months finally seemed to come together. Only down note was my putting, just too many 3 putts on the day and was consistently leaving my long putts way way to short. Can't wait to get back out again!!!

I played St Johns Golf and Country Club http://www.stjohnsgolf.com/ and I drove well (I'm 11 but I play off of the Men's tee) and I hit irons very well, but my 4 and 7 wood were not very nice to me. I shot a 95 (I have been playing for 2 and 1/2 years) and I am not too happy since I am a bogey golfer. I rolled in a couple of 1-putts and shot a 45 on the front and then fell apart with a 50 on the back. Ughhh...the back nine!! So I give my round a :-( because I could've done better!! Dylan

44/46 (72.7/130) MP32 trajectories were really low even off the tee, but adequate distances. I really like my old Ping I20s. In any case, 6 GIR, 8 fairways. 37 Putts. Shanked between two bunkers 3 times total. It was an awful display of bad bunker play. Up until then, my playing partners thought I was a single digit handicap. :-X, sure showed them I wasn't.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

44. It was bad. 0/6 fairways 3/9 greens. 2 three-putts, terrible chipping, bad distance control. Wasn't in a great state of mind so I am thinking I will be okay tomorrow when I play 18.

44/46 (72.7/130) MP32 trajectories were really low even off the tee, but adequate distances. I really like my old Ping I20s. In any case, 6 GIR, 8 fairways. 37 Putts. Shanked between two bunkers 3 times total. It was an awful display of bad bunker play. Up until then, my playing partners thought I was a single digit handicap. :-X, sure showed them I wasn't.

Wooooweeee. :dance: 43/43 (72.7/130) broke 90 on the toughest course in my city, on only the second toughest tees, though. Toughest are 74/133. 7 GIR, 12 (count them 12) fairways, 36 putts, only 2 doubles the rest were par or bogie. 6 pars. Saved a 5 on a par 3, hooked over a 180 yard pond into the next fairway and hit a 60 degree wedge over an 80 foot tree right onto the green for a 3 putt. Missed every GIR possibility over 160 yards, oh well. I'm celebrating, if I can continue to score like this I won't be a 17.3 for long. Not holding my breathe or anything.;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

My last two rounds at Stone Canyon: par72, 73.2CR 141slope

42-41=83

3/13 fairways....(nice)

3 greens......(even better)

27 putts

4 penalties............YIKES

36-44=80

8/13 fairways...an improvement!

7 greens

30 putts

2 penalties

My golf game has issues......Β  I finally have 20 rounds posted and I'm trending a 4.5 now..uggh.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I finally put a good number up with a 37 for nine this morning. A relatively short 9 at about 3180 or so but still nice. I played the par five that was the subject of my "how would you play it" thread aggressive and put my second in the water and made bogey on it. Oh well.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5)Β :touredge:(2H)Β MIURA MB-101(3-PW)Β :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey:Β :snell:Β 

I shot a so-so 44 on a par 36 last Thursday. Roller coaster round; started birdie, ended par, 14 putts. Problem was sand play and playing wrong shot/wrong club on some chips. 3 greens, 5 /7 fairways, only 2/6 up and down.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 SΒ Β Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;Β Β Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts-Β TT AMT Red S300Β ;Β WedgesΒ Vokey SM8Β 56-10DΒ Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5Β Β Ball:Β Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

47 on a par 30. 21 putts, 3 penalties. Not too happy about the round, but meh....just gotta keep working on it....

(Won't even mention the fact that the greens were recenty punched as this may have cost me 1 stroke, where my iron play cost me 5+)

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

55 on a par 36 front 9 yesterday. Going out to do the back 9 this evening after practice.

I lost 4 balls off the tee so that's 8 shots lost there already. Didn't hit any GIR and putted pretty poorly. A round to forget, i still feel like i need to practice and work on my pieces A LOT before my scores will get better.

One positive i will take is that i can already see the potential to gain some distance as i do my wrist hinge piece better and better, the few times i really tried consciously to do it i was hitting the ball a club longer but i won't get hung up on this. The results will hopefully come as i practice.

Henry