IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I broke my personal 18 hole best score last night. Previously, 95 was my best but I hit 92 (49 & 43) yesterday at one of the harder courses in the area only the 4th time I've played it. Also got through 18 without losing a ball which is almost as cool as the score.

I played in the NC Amateur qualifier last week and shot a 75 with a triple. 72 made it so I was a bit bummed. Other than that one hole I really didn't play all that bad. 10 fairways, 10 greens and 28 putts. I missed only 1 putt inside 12 feet all day but only had 3 birdies.

Oh well...there's always next year.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

83 at Cannon Ridge today. Last minute decision to play -- went on teetimewatch and was able to get on 30 minutes later.

Started off cold -- no warm up, no range. Needless to say, I was all over the place the first few holes, but settled down for a 44 on the front.

Finished strong (-1 the last 3) for a 39 on the back.

Highlight of the round: 540 yard par 5 18th. Best drive of the day (380 yards! I caught a downslope... lol) left me with a 160 yard green light special to the green. Proceeded to yank an 8-iron 25 yards left into some wispy rough. Flopped a nice lob wedge to within 5 ft and drained the birdie putt. Still kicking myself for missing from 160 to give myself an eagle chance, but I probably would've missed the putt anyway.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

I shot 85, but I did start off Triple, Bogey, Triple because I didn't warm up at all.

I finished really well, par par par birdie.

Definitely could have been worse!
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

2 birdies, 6 pars...still shot 100...geez...oh well it's coming around but the handicap is going up.

That's when I really started scoring.

It's not really even about the birdies, or even the pars for that matter. It's about just consistently coming in with bogey or under. Just think: If you bogey every hole (for most average golfers this isnt impossible) 18+ isn't that bad. That's a 90 on most courses? That's not that bad. That's what I aim at now. 90 and under. If I can pull off 3 pars, that's great, but my top priority is playing safe and nothing more then a bogey. Think of it that way It may help.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Played 36 today... first 18, 8:36 tee time, started off triple, quad, bogey first 3 holes. On the 4th hole the group behind blatantly hit into us. I was so mad I yanked my 70 yard approach shot left and it barely held the green. I was still mad and proceeded to 4-putt for double! I settled down from there and bogeyed the last 5, but the rest of the round was a disaster, 104!

Next 18 was much better, 46-46 for a 92, with NO 3-putts on the back. I didn't hit a single GIR and had (2) 1-putts and (7) 2-putts. Much improved chipping apparently.

Home Course:
Town of Colonie (69.7-70.1, 119-125)

52 in my league last night. (net 36, par 35) Halved my match 4.5 to 4.5, but my partner and I won low net score by 2 strokes, and he won 6-3, so we took 14.5 out of 22 points. 4/7 FW, 0 GIR, 16 putts - 1-3 putt, 3-1 putts. I had 3 10-15 footers stop right on the lip of the cup, caddyshack style. I stink. No pars, and I got a 7 on a 200 yd. par 3 by putting 2 balls in the water.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

43 on a 9 holer. I sprayed my drives, finding the wrong fairway for at least 4 holes. Basically, I was really long, and just as inaccurate. I was pin-high on a couple par 4's with my drives, just well off to one side, in the deep rough. Had decent iron play, and my chipping was on fire. My chips regularly left me close enough to one putt.

I just couldn't putt for shit. Three-putted 4 times, and missed a lot of 3 footers, and missed a lot of up and down opportunities. Could've broken 40 for the first time this year, just can't get my shit together.

The highlight of my day? I didn't lose a single ball. I played with the same Golden Bear, even as it got scuffier and scuffier.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
84 from the blue tees at Whispering Woods (72.2/141). We decided not to push back to the blacks today, and I got a little sloppy and perhaps tired on the back nine. Shot a 40 on the front, mostly due to a double bogey when I hit a ball off the fairway. Off the fairway at Whispering Woods = lost ball and/or red or yellow stakes. Not good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

93 today...driving still need a bit a work. putt better on faster greens like today.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

38-40=78. Very happy with how I played, especially the front nine. Had two birdies, and lipped out a 12-footer on 9 for another one. The back nine had more errant shots, but my short game bailed me out. If only I could get some midrange putts to drop...

Driver: 907D2 9.5˚
3 Wood: 904F 15˚
Hybrid: 585H 19˚
Irons: 695.CB, 3-PW, S300
Wedges: 588 56˚, chrome Vokey 60˚ chromePutter: Ally

• Administrator
39 on the front nine at Whispering Woods, including my first birdie there (at the second hole). The rest, well, I played well but couldn't make a putt or get up and down very well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

47 on a 9 holer. I was doing good until I put two balls in the water on the 9th hole, a really tight par 4 (Subsequently, a skulled 9 iron left me with a monster putt, about 80 feet, which I ended up 3 putting on. I got a big score there. Couldn't putt for shit, missed 3 or 4 birdie putts from 7-10 feet. Didn't make any birdies.

My buddy was an unqualified disaster though--he'd never golfed there before. He went 8-10-12-10 before we stopped keeping his score.

Although, I found a Pro V1 mixed in the range bucket I was hitting as a warm-up, so I stuck it in my pocket. Played with it, felt really soft and was good around the greens. (Played with it for all 9 holes until it went in the creek). I hit the pro shop after and picked up a sleeve, I'm gonna give 'em a spin next round and see what happens. Might be worth the wallet-wounding price tag after all.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

44-41 for an 85 yesterday. I 3 putted 4 holes. If I can just get rid of all 3 putts I'll be happy.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

today i short 79 in really windy wet conditions not to bad because i was 9 over par after 12 and managed to par in, so i was fair chuffed i also came 2nd with 34 point, that proves how hard the course was playing

r7 quad ht
r7 ti 5 wood
duel stiff rescue
ht irons
49 deg 56 deg anser putter pro v1 ball

102. A combination of the heat, humidity, my father saying my alignment was all screwed up, and just my game coming apart at the seams in general led to just one of those days. Duck-hooks plagued my driving, and I hit several toppers - something which I thought I'd gotten out of my game. Skulled chips on probably 10 holes, which means the ball dribbles off the other side of the green.

The only highlight of my day was chipping the ball in out of a greenside bunker on the 6th, for par.

Pro V1 report: I hit three consecutive shots out of bounds on the first tee, so that's my experience with the Pro V1 - kiss my $12.95 goodbye.

Today me and my stepdad played Alternate shot in a Junior Opening (Little Tournament at my club) We did horrible and shot 49 on the front but came out and shot 37 on the back for a total of 86. No highlite shots today really.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I tried to sneak in 9 holes between rain drops today. I had 2 pretty bad holes in a very steady drizzle. And somewhere along the way I lost my towel. Anyway I finished with a 50. I need to get my putting in gear. I've changed every club in my bag this year and my new irons are still at Callaway being bent so I really have no excuse with irons as these are the ones I've played for the past 12 years. I usually play this 9 at around 42 but the 7s on 4 and 5 didn't help that at all.

Bright spots were a couple of nice 6-8 foot puts, 2 good drives and a couple of approach shots that would have been very nice if the greens weren't so wet but they still were good for me.

If nothing else walking and carrying my bag was good ...that and the 3 miles I ran after I got home.....