IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I have been taking lessons this year and I think they are starting to pay off. I shot an 81 last night at a course I have never played before. 17 and 18 were played in the dark, I finished at 9:10, and I boggied both of them. I really believe I could have broken 80 for the first time if I would have been able to see better.

I hope I can keep this up.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Shot an 8 under 64 last night!

Ok, it was a texas scramble format.

Regardless, it was an absolute hoot and we all had a great time. 3 of us are golfers and the 4th was the girlfriend who has never golfed. Because the format asked that we take a minimum of 3 drives per golfer in each group we had a bit of a challenge on 3 holes when we had to use her drives. We used her tee shots on a par 5 where she spanked one 120 yards allowing us to power our 3 woods another 260 yards up to leave us a chip shot onto the green and 4 chances to make birdie. Successful.

We used her second tee shot on a hard par 4 where we knew par would be a great score regardless of a good tee shot. We had to cut our 3 wood second shots around a tree and disect two trees 100 yards from the green. Got to the 85 yard mark and I stiffed a sand wedge to 2 feet for a tap in par saver! That felt good.

Her last tee shot came on a short par 4 where even with her 110 yard drive we only had 160 yards left... got our second on the green and 2 putted for par.

So all in all... we were 1 under using her drives that averaged about 110 yards. Not bad!

Another highlight of the scramble was an eagle putt we made from 10 feet on a 500 yard par 5.

We won the tournament and got our cheap little trophies... a good time regardless.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

I played quite well tonight, I played the back nine at Bonneville Golf Course in SLC, Utah with 3 quite pleasant fellows.

I started out with 3 pars in a row, but I fell into a little bit of a slump and was spraying my driver, leading to 3 missed greens and 3 bogeys in a row.

I finally turned it around on 16, I once again sprayed my driver to the right (I do this sometimes, not a slice, just block it a bit) and was under a tree. I decided to go for the hero shot and pulled it off perfectly, a nice little fade under 3 trees that required pretty perfect positioning unless I felt like a nice Urethane Sandwich™. Anyways, I absolutely smoked it and ended up 80 yards out on this par 5 after hitting my driver maybe 240 (it hit a tree and dropped). I naturally hit a little punch sand-wedge over the green, but I chipped up and putted it in for a par.

The next hole is a rather easy little downhill par 3, just a 9-Iron for me. I almost hit it over the green, but I ended up about 30 feet away from the pin. I would think this would be an easy 2-putt, but I rocketed my first putt all the way to the fringe before slamming in my 15 footer coming back for another solid par.

The last hole is usually one that eats my breakfast, last time I came to it I needed birdie for a 79 (which would have been my first ever mind you). I absolutely cranked a drive, with a nice little draw, and although it is downhill, I was only 130 out on a 460 Par 4, so pretty big (although in reality it was probably no bigger than 300, it is a very downhill hole). I had a perfect little lie with the ball a little above my feet which promotes the draw that I favor. I choked up a pitching wedge a little bit and smashed it perfectly, right back to within about a foot of the hole.

A tap-in Birdie left me with a 38 and a good night.

Thanks for reading.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Shot a 41 on the front at my course. Not bad considering I couldn't hit my driver well until the 6th hole when I finally figured out I was standing to close to it and coming outside to inside and slicing it. Bogeyed 1 and 2 then parred 3 and 4. Parred 6, bogeyed 7 and 8, and finished with a par on 9 which was almost a birdie (the putt lipped out). So not a bad day considering the last time I swung a club before that was Monday.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

shot an 80 in 25-30 mphs winds today. Took my driver out of my bags and hit my three woods off the ground on every tee. hit 13 of 14 fairsways. should of have about 77 if i didn't try to spin a couple of gap wedges in instead of playing a smart bump and run.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I played this past weekend and shot a 104 on a course I've never played before. It was tricky, too; some very narrow fairways. Next time I go there, there are some holes that the driver is going in the bag in favor of a 4H.

What kept me from breaking 100? My vocabulary. Three times I said, "I'm hitting three," when I could have said "mulligan" without my friends caring. Give me mulligans instead of "hitting three," and I would've broken 100. And those are the holes where I'm hitting 4H next time instead, so I'm getting there!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

88 today. First time I played this course too, so I didn't really know anything about it - very very happy with the way I played. A lipout chip on the 18th also cost me two strokes cuz I missed the 4 footer coming back.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
75 at Lake View in the afternoon, including a double on the third hole. Shot 38/37. Two bogeys and a birdie on the back, no birdies on the front. Wasn't hitting the ball super-great on the front - a little better on the back. Fixed a problem or two, small things... but enough to help. Lake View is a tougher course when you're just slightly off - Whispering Woods is a tougher course when you're way off.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a 4 ball scramble with 2 of the worse golfers I have ever seen (they were paying) and a decent short game player who refuses to hit anything but irons. It was an amazingly painful round. For the front 9 I was the last hitter on every shot. They were depending on me to hit everything off the tee and any approach beyond 150 yards. I hit a few decent shots but for the most part I started trying to pipe the ball on every drive. Also, I never hit a put the whole day. Painful...just painful I tell you.

We finished even Par 72 in a scramble.

Shot an 84 mostly in rain. 39 on the front, should have had better than 45 on the back but by then we had standing water in greens and bunkers - yuk!

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

Shot so bad today didnt even count score, i had the major shanks.. i am back to it. I had 3 highlites though

Hole 4- 60 Degree wedge from about 50 out, stuck it within a foot to the pin.

Hole 7- About 185 away, hit a very nice 5 iron and hit the pin

Hole 8- Skulled a Pitching wedge which sliced and hit the green and rolled to a foot to the pin, tap in birdie.

I am still shanking a ton of shots and my 60 degree is going almost sideways.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I love my Cleveland CG4's. With their help I shot a 77 yesterday. 38/39. My first score in the 70's this year. About time... coincidentally enough right after I 'retired' my Mizuno MP29's. I think I have been 'game-improved'! Though I did hit a couple of very poor 9 irons from the middle of the fairway that cost me an unsuccessful up and down. Regardless, very happy... Yeehaa!

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

I love my Cleveland CG4's.!

Are the CG4's workable? I see your a fairly low handicap - my goal is to get to a 15 handicap by the end of summer, and possibly get some new irons for xmas. I have the Cleveland Launcher LP's right now - which, don't get me wrong, are awesome for where my game is now...but I think once I start trying to work the ball, I want a more workable irons. I love Cleveland clubs, usually very good for the money.

Anyway, I shot an 84 today. Ties my lowest round ever. I hit my ball 250 right down the middle of the fairway on the final hole, a 480 yard Par 5! It's such an easy hole, and I friggin hit my 3 wood thin in an attempt to reach in two...I played the whole so freakin sloppy and ended up with a 6. I could've played the hole with a putter and made better then a 6.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I shot 81 yesterday,42, 39 all in all it was a good round, scores are coming down, and so is my cap finally. I drove the ball well and putted well also. the only real disappointment were the 2 balls OB on the 2, 3 holes.

82 after 17 holes at Fox Run (72/138, I think). I say "after 17" because I was a complete idiot on number 18. I put 6 - count 'em, six - balls in the water with my 3 wood. Tin Cup has nothing on me. I just didn't have the wisdom to cut my losses and stop trying to carry the lake. It's about a 220 yard carry over the lake, to a tight green surrounded by sand traps.

I had absolutely horrid ballstriking with my irons today but made it up with a decent putting game. I'd changed my grip and stance slightly, and cut down on my putts overnight. 36 putts (17 holes), and only one four putt. I also pitched and chipped it really close a few times, leaving me a handful of tap-ins.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

LOL. "Only One Four Putt."

I get really pissed if I three putt. lmao.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

LOL. "Only One Four Putt."

Thats pretty good for lamebums because apprently he 3-4 putts ocassionally.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16