IGNORED

In Mourning... Clubs stolen

todgot
Note: This thread is 2471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, It's been two weeks and I'm getting over the depression to the point I can talk about it.  I was attending a nice "going away" lunch for my assistant when someone comes in and says, "Hey, some people from next door came over and said someone had the hatch open on your Jeep and was taking stuff out... they weren't sure if you knew them but wanted you to know".  WHAT!! Heart sinking dread overcomes me as I make my way out to my car and find my entire Golf Kit is gone including my brand new shoes I had just purchased a week prior.  At least 6 people saw these two knuckleheads in our parking lot hanging out... everyone I talked to thought they looked suspicious.  One person in the office we share a parking lot with even went so far as to have a male worker walk her to her car because they looked "shady"... that's when she says she saw them with my Driver.  They were concerned enough to take pictures of the vehicle they were in but not to get a good enough picture to see the license plate... or god forbid to call me or the police. 

After moping around for 1 day my wife says I need to "get over it...  you'll just get new clubs".  But of course she doesn't understand each club was specifically chosen and we had a... well, relationship.  Anyway, looking for new sticks and might buy some irons this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry, man. I can sympathize. The same thing happened to me in February of this year. Some guys opened up my car door, popped the trunk and took my clubs out in front of my house during broad daylight. Sounds like your thieves were just as bold. I stalked ebay, craigslist, etc. for a few weeks, but the missing clubs never turned up.

It sucks, but once you finish grieving, the process of putting a new set together can be pretty fun.

OK, It's been two weeks and I'm getting over the depression to the point I can talk about it.  I was attending a nice "going away" lunch for my assistant when someone comes in and says, "Hey, some people from next door came over and said someone had the hatch open on your Jeep and was taking stuff out... they weren't sure if you knew them but wanted you to know".  WHAT!! Heart sinking dread overcomes me as I make my way out to my car and find my entire Golf Kit is gone including my brand new shoes I had just purchased a week prior.  At least 6 people saw these two knuckleheads in our parking lot hanging out... everyone I talked to thought they looked suspicious.  One person in the office we share a parking lot with even went so far as to have a male worker walk her to her car because they looked "shady"... that's when she says she saw them with my Driver.  They were concerned enough to take pictures of the vehicle they were in but not to get a good enough picture to see the license plate... or god forbid to call me or the police. 

After moping around for 1 day my wife says I need to "get over it...  you'll just get new clubs".  But of course she doesn't understand each club was specifically chosen and we had a... well, relationship.  Anyway, looking for new sticks and might buy some irons this weekend. 

I understand your pain. After getting almost completely set up with fitted clubs this year mine got stolen. It's cost me about 1400 to replace most of them at this point so this year has cost me nearing $3000 for clubs. While I didn't have any attachment to the clubs I had, I definitely was very unhappy about their loss.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Shouldn't your insurance cover any costs of the stolen items?

I have talked with fellow golfers who had this happen to them and walked away with new clubs that were nicer than their original sets.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Shouldn't your insurance cover any costs of the stolen items?

I have talked with fellow golfers who had this happen to them and walked away with new clubs that were nicer than their original sets.

Well, my car insurance will give me $250 and my home owners insurance will pay replacement cost with a $1000 deductible.  Also with the home owner's insurance I have to try to supply receipts for everything or have some proof of what I had.  Luckily, I bought a new 3 wood and hybrid this year and had those receipts...

todgot- So sorry for your loss, brother.

If you want to hop on a plane and fly to Columbus, Ohio; I will pick you up at the airport; and take you to the nearest drinking establishment. We can sit and drink insane amounts of alcohol until you feel better. My treat.

no most insurances cover the car not personal objects inside. good insurances do, not the ones you pay less for.

this theft is in great development here as well, especially during winter holidays and in covered mall parkings. an ideal place to see people bringing in cars bags full of expensive gifts to get hands free then return to the mall.

cars are harder to steal these days but not the content.

with human proximity due to high population growth everything has eyes on.  A lot more people can live on picking your property. It's easier to fit in this way then to work and follow the earth total consumption and destruction process finding each of us individual short term confort

So obviously this is awful, and I feel bad for you. But, I also feel a little bit jealous. I'm a club ho, so I would love the chance to buy a completely new set. Don't get me wrong, I love my current clubs. But I wouldn't mind replacing them with other clubs. Except maybe the 3 wood. That club and I have been through a lot together.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

todgot- So sorry for your loss, brother.

If you want to hop on a plane and fly to Columbus, Ohio; I will pick you up at the airport; and take you to the nearest drinking establishment. We can sit and drink insane amounts of alcohol until you feel better. My treat.

Very tempting... I lived in the Cleveland area for 10 years.  Throw in an OSU game ticket and I'm there!  That would make me feel MUCH better.

On the bright side... in going through the bag they left a couple things... a golf ball my daughter painted for me for Father's Day and a bag tag I just got from The Links at Spanish Bay, Pebble Beach.  Gone is my divot tool collection, numerous ball markers I had accumulated over the years, all my rain and cold weather gear... my 3bays golf analyzer... the list goes on. 

One thing I don't understand.  I have a part time gig working at a drug treatment center and we always say drug addicts are either dealing, stealing to get money for their drugs.  But how does someone turn a set of golf clubs into money?  I've checked pawn shops and Craig's list.... does a thief really want to go through the hassle of Craig's list or Ebay?  they want money now to get high.  BTW... if you want power tools and you don't mind knowing most of them are stolen... the Pawn Shop is the place to go. 

sorry for your loss. maybe check the pawn shops for your clubs? 

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

One thing I don't understand.  I have a part time gig working at a drug treatment center and we always say drug addicts are either dealing, stealing to get money for their drugs.  But how does someone turn a set of golf clubs into money?  I've checked pawn shops and Craig's list.... does a thief really want to go through the hassle of Craig's list or Ebay?  they want money now to get high.  BTW... if you want power tools and you don't mind knowing most of them are stolen... the Pawn Shop is the place to go. 

I get approached at range by others with bunch of clubs to unload.  This happened at least 5 times in the last 2 years.   I wondered where their clubs come from.   They could be from a broken car trunk. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Sorry for your loss. I've been leaving my clubs in the back seat of my pickup go a while now.  You've inspired me to make sure they make it into the house every night.  And hey the man lot his clubs that's worth a few rep. points guys! :-)

Edited by LagShaft

Well, my car insurance will give me $250 and my home owners insurance will pay replacement cost with a $1000 deductible.  Also with the home owner's insurance I have to try to supply receipts for everything or have some proof of what I had.  Luckily, I bought a new 3 wood and hybrid this year and had those receipts...

Is it even worth it to go through homeowners? With the deductible I wouldn't think there would be much left after that. I had a situation where I had to use homeowners insurance twice in about 1 years time. I have multiple properties but State Farm decided I was now high risk and dropped me. I switched all my policies to the other insurance company but still it was a bit of a hassle.

Like a bad neighbor State Farm is not there. After they dropped my Home Owners policy I called to cancel my 25+ year auto insurance policy and they had the gall to say 'your auto insurance has nothing to do with the cancellation of your home owners'. I said from my perspective it has everything to do with it. Why the heck would I want to give them more of my money if they consider me high risk for using my home owners twice for multiple properties? What if there was one storm that damaged multiple vehicles. Would they then drop my auto insurance as well? They can suck it as far as I am concerned.

• 1 year later...

Good Evening! 

Good to see another Spokane resident on here.  I searched "theft" on here because I lost (Theft?) a 6 iron out of my bag during a weds night outing recently.  Nice AP2 Titleist 6 iron; there during the range session, later just gone.  Searched, backtracked, etc, nothing.  I am on the lookout on craigslist / ebay; not holding my breath.  I feel your pain!!  Definitely keeping an eye on my clubs from now on!!

Mike

Sorry to hear that... hard to believe someone would take just a 6 iron.  Funny thing is I lost the 6 iron out of a previous set.  You might have left it and they just didn't turn it in.  When my clubs were stolen I went to all the pawn shops but just saw a bunch of crap.  Great to hear from someone else from Spokane!  

Note: This thread is 2471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!