IGNORED

Anyone Ever Try an Adjustable All-in-One Club?

Note: This thread is 862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Upvote 1
  1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Interesting.  Pretty cool concept and it was all good until I saw that the bag (which I had and still do wonder why you need a golf bag if you have an all in one club).  The fanny pack is a definite deal breaker.

Have you ever played an all in one club?  I could just see things going wrong with it and it breaking.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Non-conforming, but it looks a lot more fun than playing some rounds with only a 7i or 6i.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I think it is cool but probably not allowed in tournament play. 

I think it is also too cumbersome to keep adjusting the club before hitting each shot ... unless, someone designs in a numeric button that can automatically set up the club.  I.e, press 7 on keypad and the club sets itself to 7i. 

And for @Sante TwoGloves, a club that can switch from left to right hand and vice versa would be even cooler.

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I think it is also too cumbersome to keep adjusting the club before hitting each shot ... unless, someone designs in a numeric button that can automatically set up the club.  I.e, press 7 on keypad and the club sets itself to 7i. 

Maybe it can call ahead to the clubhouse and order a sammich too! I would be okay with it, think about it, you are walking with one club in your hand (and who can resist that awesome fanny pack) and as you are walking up you can adjust the club.  It would be cool for shits and giggles to go out and smack some balls around at twilight.  

Maybe it can call ahead to the clubhouse and order a sammich too!

That's 'L' for lunch.  Press 'L' and you get a lunch special, and billed to your pre-scanned credit card. 

BTW, we already have an adjustable driver.  The time is ripe of adjustable iron & putter to be more accepted ;-).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Yeesh, these things have been around AT LEAST since the mid 70's. I remember seeing ads in the back of the different Golf mags in the day.

There are variants of adjustable clubs going back much farther as well. http://www.antiques.com/classified/Instruments-and-Implements/Antique-Fishing---Sports/Antique-Antique-Patent-Adjustable-Golf-Club-by-Urquhart

Divnick's grand father make a 5' club for Wadlow. . .http://www.divnickgolf.com/wadlow/index.html

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

And for @Sante TwoGloves, a club that can switch from left to right hand and vice versa would be even cooler.

in this video it looks pretty easy to adjust.

that would be cool if it went both ways. lol  i am still recovering from injuring my right hip. just trying a few swings i am able to swing better now right handed. so for now...

:-)

if i could get one of these used at a decent price i think i'd like to try it. 8 clubs is too many to carry anyway.

all one length too.

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

The sole design just doesn't work. The mid to longer iron settings are going to have negative bounce and it's going to stick into the ground like a shovel. My wrists hurt just thinking about it. 

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I had my headphones on and clicking the link made me jump!

That's a pretty modern high tech club.  I had one back in the 70's that had teeth on the hosel and club face.  I would loosen the rusted wing nut and adjust the teeth to a different loft setting and tighten it down. The wing nut loosened up sometimes and the head would fly off during the swing.  I only used it a few times or I would have gotten a lock washer for it.

It had adjustments for each club in the bag.  I think I remember 3 iron thru wedge.  I was just beginning and didn't even know what bounce was.  This was old and rusted then, but it did have a steel shaft.  The grip was an old green thing as hard as plastic.

Edited by vangator

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

http://www.divnickgolf.com/adjustable/compare.html

What did you think of it?

Bad idea. There's a lot more to iron design than loft. Have to consider CG location, head dimensions, sole bounce/camber, offset.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I have one of these. It's a pretty cool toy to tinker around with, but I wouldn't use it to replace my set by any means.  I tend to take it with me on vacation in case I get a chance to hit balls or play.  It's a great club to take on a cruise if there is a hitting bay on board.  I have played 2 nine hole rounds with it and have taken it to the range on several occasions.  I would say for me that it can be difficult to hit the wedges and the putting is not always the best.  On one vacation, I took this, my putter, and a hybrid and had a blast playing an executive type course.

if I had to choose buying it again for something to tinker with, I definitely would do so and look forward to playing with this next week on a vacation I am taking.

His butler mentioned that "Rule number 14-3 states that. . ."

His results on the course were not so desirable, but his friend seemed to hit much better.

Anyway, pretty funny! :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 5 years later...
  • iacas changed the title to Anyone Ever Try an Adjustable All-in-One Club?
On 3/1/2021 at 11:22 PM, PeterH said:

So has anyone tried or played with one as a true test? That feedback would be much more relevant than unsupported opinions. Thx

As I replied earlier in the thread, I have the Divnick All in One Adjustable club and I also have a collapsible hybrid.  I have played several nine hole rounds with it, but mostly use it at the range and take it with me to Drive Shack and Top Golf.  The main purpose I purchased it was for fun and my current focus with it is to take it with on vacation to avoid lugging my full set with me.

The adjustable iron hits well mostly in the 4 to 7 iron range.  The club is the length of a 4 iron.  Once you start getting into the wedge area, the lie angle is really different and it can be challenging to hit.  Likewise above the 4 iron range, the lie angle is also a bit off and I find it inconsistent to hit.   The putter setting on the iron is also difficult to putt with consistently.

For the general performance of the club, you need to tighten the lever between shots or risk it coming loose.  Same goes for the collapsible shaft.  It is not uncommon for it to break free during a shot to where you end up mishitting or duffing a shot.  So it is also good to check that the shaft is fully extended and doesn't break free during the shot.  Divnick has some instructions on how to deal with this on his website and it did help reduce the issue for me.  This feels annoying at first, but I am used to it now.  Some concessions have to be made for hitting a club like this.

To make playing with the iron more enjoyable, I also picked up the collapsible hybrid.  I didn't like the stock 3H Acer XDS React hybrid head that he uses, so I replaced it with an 3H Acer XV head and it performs better for me with that head.  Being that this is a fixed head club, it plays a lot more consistently than the iron.  At some point I would like to buy one of his collapsible putters and get a wood made with an Acer XV head, but the cost is quite high as you are really paying a premium for his knowledge and experience in cutting the shafts to make them collapsible.  So I need to wait on these to focus on other priorities.

Happy to answer any other questions on it that you may have.

I have a couple of the original "SuperStick" adjustable clubs that you lock into the different positions with a thumbscrew. Fun to use on a shorter length course. The "long" settings (Driver, 3, 4 irons etc) launch lower and not as far, and the shorter settings (8, 9, pw) go a lot higher and farther than a typical set. A lot like the characteristics of a "one length" set of irons. You can certainly play golf with a "SuperStick" once you get used to it, but you won't be using it all that often.

Note: This thread is 862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!