IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

When starting a topic, where did the quote button in the editor go? It's there when I edit a post reply.

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 8.23.37 AM.png

It's there, even on a tablet, which you appear to be using in that screenshot.

I took away the justification buttons just now, so if you still see those you likely need to refresh or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's there, even on a tablet, which you appear to be using in that screenshot.

I took away the justification buttons just now, so if you still see those you likely need to refresh or something.

Thanks. I see it now. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I cannot post replies, new threads or messages using IE11. I cleared my browser cache but that does not solve the problem. When I try to post with IE11 the box where you type your message does not show up.

5 minutes ago, Grumpter said:

I cannot post replies, new threads or messages using IE11. I cleared my browser cache but that does not solve the problem. When I try to post with IE11 the box where you type your message does not show up.

Good time for you to upgrade to Chrome then!

Just now, Pretzel said:

Good time for you to upgrade to Chrome then!

Yeah, chrome is not an upgrade for this computer as I need IE11 for many business purposes. I have the IE plugin for a time but then it started going wonky (I think it was Chrome that had the plugin). Much easier for business purposes just to use IE 11.

2 minutes ago, Grumpter said:

Yeah, chrome is not an upgrade for this computer as I need IE11 for many business purposes. I have the IE plugin for a time but then it started going wonky (I think it was Chrome that had the plugin). Much easier for business purposes just to use IE 11.

Excuse me if this seems obvious, but you know you can install Chrome (and Firefox, or whatever) in addition to IE, right?

In my business, at least one of our supporting vendors has an online interface that requires Chrome to function.  Another requires IE.  So I've gotten used to the idea of having different browsers for different things.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I had the same problem earlier, but clearing my cache did fix it.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

10 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Excuse me if this seems obvious, but you know you can install Chrome (and Firefox, or whatever) in addition to IE, right?

In my business, at least one of our supporting vendors has an online interface that requires Chrome to function.  Another requires IE.  So I've gotten used to the idea of having different browsers for different things.

Sure, it was the only way I was able to post right now. I have all 3 browsers you list installed on this computer but strongly prefer to only use 1 browser. Since IE is the only one where I have a business function that requires it that is the browser I use.

7 minutes ago, dsc123 said:

I had the same problem earlier, but clearing my cache did fix it.

I am not going through that one again. That started a lot of other problems and I eventually had to uninstall IE11 and work my way back up from IE8 through each new version until I got back to 11. Uninstalling and reinstalling 11 would not go through.  It cost me about 2.5 hours of time this afternoon. Right after I had the fresh install I came back here and it still does not work. So my sense is it is not a problem with the cache.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Grumpter said:

I am not going through that one again. That started a lot of other problems and I eventually had to uninstall IE11 and work my way back up from IE8 through each new version until I got back to 11. Uninstalling and reinstalling 11 would not go through.  It cost me about 2.5 hours of time this afternoon. Right after I had the fresh install I came back here and it still does not work. So my sense is it is not a problem with the cache.

I'm sorry to tell you, but it's almost definitely a problem with the cache, or a JavaScript not loading, or something like that.

IE is still fairly closely tied to the OS that it wouldn't surprise me if upgrading your browser left the cache behind, particularly for the JavaScript stuff CKEditor needs to work.

http://www.refreshyourcache.com

Deleting your cache is relatively easy. I can do it with a keyboard shortcut in Safari, after all. About the only other thing I can think of is that your work is blocking a JS or something… but it probably wouldn't work in any browser if that was the case.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When I posted a reply in a thread a few minutes ago, the buttons in the editor were “wrong.” I was looking for an emoticon, but didn’t see it:

563c00c66b2e0_buttonsinSafari.thumb.png.

Turns out that they were there, but the wrong icons were present (I had to press the “link” button to pull up the emoticons), and some of the others were wrong, too (e.g, gear button opened the links):

563c00e148d4d_wrongemoticonbutton.thumb.

563c0108d96f9_wronglinkbutton.thumb.png.

This was using Safari 9.0.1 (in OS X El Capitan 10.11.1)

Out of curiosity I opened up a reply window in Chrome 46.0.something, and they look correct (also correct on my iPad in Safari):

563c011e021a8_buttonsinChrome.thumb.png.

I cleared my caches in both Safari and Chrome, so that shouldn’t be an issue.  Tried shutting down the computer and restarting, same results.

Craig

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

When I posted a reply in a thread a few minutes ago, the buttons in the editor were “wrong.” I was looking for an emoticon, but didn’t see it:

563c00c66b2e0_buttonsinSafari.thumb.png.

Turns out that they were there, but the wrong icons were present (I had to press the “link” button to pull up the emoticons), and some of the others were wrong, too (e.g, gear button opened the links):

563c00e148d4d_wrongemoticonbutton.thumb.

563c0108d96f9_wronglinkbutton.thumb.png.

This was using Safari 9.0.1 (in OS X El Capitan 10.11.1)

Out of curiosity I opened up a reply window in Chrome 46.0.something, and they look correct (also correct on my iPad in Safari):

563c011e021a8_buttonsinChrome.thumb.png.

I cleared my caches in both Safari and Chrome, so that shouldn’t be an issue.  Tried shutting down the computer and restarting, same results.

I don't know.

I've heard of that happening (on the IPS forum) but I haven't ever seen it here.

It's a bit odd, too, that you're getting the medium sized toolbar. Why? You're on a computer. You don't have enough space for the full-sized toolbar?

3 hours ago, iacas said:

It's a bit odd, too, that you're getting the medium sized toolbar. Why? You're on a computer. You don't have enough space for the full-sized toolbar?

I hadn't noticed the size of the toolbar--yep, there's plenty of room for a larger toolbar:563c3ba7abb88_ScreenShot2015-11-05at11.3

That's what I'm getting with the browser at near full size and in full screen mode.  Playing around with it now, I see that when I narrow the size of the browser window to about 2/3 of the width of the screen, the bar suddenly expands to:

563c3a54a092d_reducingtoabout23width.thu

Yep, as I narrowed the window width, at one point the bar suddenly expanded.  (Window height doesn't seem to affect it.)  As I continue to narrow it down, it bounces back and forth a couple times between the two bar sizes, then stays at the medium size at about 1/2 screen and less.  I see this in both Safari and Chrome.  I'm on a 13" MBP retina (mid 2014 model), so it's not like I'm on some unusual computer.

Seems more like an odd curiosity--knowing that, I know how to get the full bar.  It's the mis-labeled buttons that are more concerning (but I can get around that by using Chrome).

Craig

• Administrator

Yeah, sorry, all I can tell you is that something appears to be a bit goofy with your computer (or just the one browser). Some of those icons aren't even right. And the toolbar cuts down here (and doesn't go bigger/smaller/bigger/smaller as I move in one direction narrower or wider).

image.thumb.png.8a559f26ad06188930505b5e

image.thumb.png.4edbe24f3afed505e9250465

anyone else get get this message when they click on the link right after the name of the poster?  I always thought that this should bring me right to the post that was made, but it never does.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Abu3baid said:

anyone else get get this message when they click on the link right after the name of the poster?  I always thought that this should bring me right to the post that was made, but it never does.

Yes. It appears to be a bug with the current release of IPS. I'll see if it's already a known bug.

In the future, please copy and paste the URL it links to.

In this case, the "find" is not correct:

http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/85259-2015-wgc-hsbc-champions-discussion-thread/?do=findComment
is invalid.

http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/85259-2015-wgc-hsbc-champions-discussion-thread/
is valid.

http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/85259-2015-wgc-hsbc-champions-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1158399
is valid.

You can see that it's missing the &comment=<ID>

https://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/clicking-time-in-posts-block-results-in-not-found-comment-id-missing-r8937/

16 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm sorry to tell you, but it's almost definitely a problem with the cache, or a JavaScript not loading, or something like that.

I just now went directly to the Java site and installed the latest version. That appears to have resolved the issue.

• Administrator

Hmm, okay. Sorry you had to go through the trouble, but I'm glad it's working for you now.

Note: This thread is 2637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!