IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

56 minutes ago, RandallT said:

-1 notifications. I guess that means I've already seen the one that is created next in the future? 

I've had that happen before (months ago), but it was a one-time thing.  I think it happens when someone posts something so dumb that it actually detracts from the collective knowledge of the site...

• Upvote 1

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

https://thesandtrap.com/search/?&q=qqq&item=41071&tags=wannabe&eitherTermsOrTags=or

This search finds all topics with a tag of "wannabe"

However, I have 3 problems with it.

1. In order to search content that has a tag, it seems you MUST fill out some value in the text field. I chose "qqq" hoping that no posts had "qqq" in it.  The interface makes you do an OR function on tags or the "qqq" I entered. If you leave the "qqq" blank, you get an error.Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 5.10.12 PM.png
  2. If I change the "Sort By" for the search results, I seem to lose everything. I think it only searches for "qqq" and forgets to include the "wannabe" tag (which is really the key part)
  3. Once when I hit next page to view page 2 of the results, the results blanked out also. I haven't duplicated that, so maybe it works fine.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 1 month later...

Anyone notice that the latest member, Whale-Man, posted a "Another Seasoned Golfer" on January 7, 2011. 

I sort of wondered why the guys were responding to such an old post but it appears the post is new and the date is off.  His profile show he signed up in 2011, too.

No big deal, just sort of odd.

Brian Kuehn

55 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Anyone notice that the latest member, Whale-Man, posted a "Another Seasoned Golfer" on January 7, 2011. 

I sort of wondered why the guys were responding to such an old post but it appears the post is new and the date is off.  His profile show he signed up in 2011, too.

No big deal, just sort of odd.

For my part in it, I typically go the welcome forum and pop off a couple of notes to a few of the ones on top. 

I never look at dates, so i responded to that one because others did.  Are you sure he posted another? I can only find the 2011 post but in on my phone and tough sometimes to navigate thoroughly 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

posted a "Another Seasoned Golfer" on January 7, 2011. 

Good catch, I read his post when it was first posted.

I wonder if his date settings are off?

Experiment: I just bump my year to 2020...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Good catch, I read his post when it was first posted.

I wonder if his date settings are off?

Huh?

The guy posted it in 2011. I know this because he had the old avatar, too.

Your date settings don't affect the date set on the server.

The guy didn't join recently. He joined in 2011. Made one post and probably left.

Then @Hacker James responded to a six-year-old post. The guy even came back to look at the thread because he was last seen Sunday: @whale-man. He's something like 76. Maybe he no longer plays golf, or doesn't use the computer much.

There's no mystery here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

55 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh?

The guy posted it in 2011. I know this because he had the old avatar, too.

Your date settings don't affect the date set on the server.

The guy didn't join recently. He joined in 2011. Made one post and probably left.

Then @Hacker James responded to a six-year-old post. The guy even came back to look at the thread because he was last seen Sunday: @whale-man. He's something like 76. Maybe he no longer plays golf, or doesn't use the computer much.

There's no mystery here.

FWIW, I did not even notice the date of the  post. I am not even sure it appeared in the right thread but I could not tell you which I was reading at the time. I certainly did not go back and look any up. I notice @whale-man post is still there as the first in the current welcome thread on my computer.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

in regards to the above @whale-man. He also visited my profile on Saturday for no apparent reason. I thought it strange at the time and may have clicked on his avatar (the one with the single W), and saw his intro post and replied without looking at the date.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

in regards to the above @whale-man. He also visited my profile on Saturday for no apparent reason. I thought it strange at the time and may have clicked on his avatar (the one with the single W), and saw his intro post and replied without looking at the date.

Yes, he seems to have visited your profile at 2:01pm. You responded at 9pm (eastern times).

He's probably a lurker who visits occasionally, but doesn't necessarily post much. Just the one time. Maybe he's in San Diego now and saw you posting about something San Diego-related, and clicked your profile to see more about you.

Again, no real mystery here, or any bugs.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Yes, he seems to have visited your profile at 2:01pm. You responded at 9pm (eastern times).

He's probably a lurker who visits occasionally, but doesn't necessarily post much. Just the one time. Maybe he's in San Diego now and saw you posting about something San Diego-related, and clicked your profile to see more about you.

yah, prolly...makes sense. I know that Randall pointed him towards the "too old" thread and I had made mention of Balboa Golf Course and its "Heart Attack Hill" hole #18.

"James"

conspiracy theory> (completely un-obstantiated)

@whale-man= @AvocadoWillie= @RadarNinja

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

conspiracy theory> (completely un-obstantiated)

@whale-man= @AvocadoWillie= @RadarNinja

No.

On the phone, when I cut and paste a block of text from the middle of a paragraph to the end of a paragraph, it changes the font.  I'll try below. 

This is sentence 1.   Now I'm writing sentence 3. This is sentence 2 that i will cut and paste after sentence 3. This is sentence 4.

did that work?

Just now, RandallT said:

On the phone, when I cut and paste a block of text from the middle of a paragraph to the end of a paragraph, it changes the font.  I'll try below. 

This is sentence 1.   Now I'm writing sentence 3. This is sentence 2 that i will cut and paste after sentence 3. This is sentence 4.

did that work?

Guess it did. I didn't do anything actively to the cut and paste text. But it shows up differently 

My Swing

• Administrator

1st Test. 3rd try. 2nd Sentence.

Just now, iacas said:

1st Test. 3rd try. 2nd Sentence.

Can't reproduce. Especially if you click "remove formatting."

I noticed I am getting a lot of notifications for topics that I never commented on nor had I subscribed to. Is that a new feature of the site to "suggest" topics, essentially?

- Mark

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I noticed I am getting a lot of notifications for topics that I never commented on nor had I subscribed to. Is that a new feature of the site to "suggest" topics, essentially?

No. I don't know what you mean, exactly. Can you share a few examples?

FWIW you can follow content without commenting on it, too. I doubt you're doing that unknowingly.

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. I don't know what you mean, exactly. Can you share a few examples?

FWIW you can follow content without commenting on it, too. I doubt you're doing that unknowingly.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had inadvertenly followed another member and was getting notifications when they posted in forums. Problem solved. 

- Mark

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Braivo said:

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had inadvertenly followed another member and was getting notifications when they posted in forums. Problem solved. 

There you go. :-)

Following members is a nice feature, though.

Note: This thread is 2630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!