IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2016

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Webb Simpson has pulled his name from the field at this week's Honda Classic.   Feb 24 - 11:37 AM on RotoWorld

Bummer, didn't even realize it until I checked scores today. Unfortunately, had him in the starting rotation.......

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

what's worse, realizing you're playing one man short of a full team, or watching Rory 3-putt from 12 feet on the last hole?:pound:

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

45 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

what's worse, realizing you're playing one man short of a full team, or watching Rory 3-putt from 12 feet on the last hole?:pound:

Yah, I bet a bunch of us went with Rory this week. So no real benefit this week, plus the insult of losing him for some future round. It may be that burning Webb Simpson for one round for zero points might end up being less damaging than choosing Rory this week! ha ha  :mellow:

(I'm assuming for top players like Rory, we typically run out of our 10 slots per season? I haven't ever done a fantasy league for golf. There's prob some strategy in using the top players on the most effective weeks, huh? ). 

Rory might struggle to make the cut this week, after that triple-bogey on #5 in Round 2.

How about Fowler making the course look easy so far? -4 and -4.  I think the median is like +2 or something.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Well it looks like I will head into the weekend only playing 3 on the weekend - I have both (A) Rickie & Sergio, then (B) Dufner &  (C) Smylie.

Bye bye to Rory, ZJ & Patty Reed . . . and Chez didn't even bother to show up.
So I've played Rickie both Thur/Fri; do you think it is worth it to "burn" a week for Sergio guessing he will go lower than Rickie one day & hoping to pick up bonus points for both (if they were to finish top 3), or would you just ride along with Mr. HighTops, which is what I'm leaning towards?

Players play, tough players win!

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

So I've played Rickie both Thur/Fri; do you think it is worth it to "burn" a week for Sergio guessing he will go lower than Rickie one day & hoping to pick up bonus points for both (if they were to finish top 3), or would you just ride along with Mr. HighTops, which is what I'm leaning towards?

Same predicament here. My plan was Rickie all the way, but those bonus points make it tricky. If Sergio nudged Rickie out for the win, I'd hate to leave 20pts out there.

But is saving a top player for one more tournament of the 10 allowed worth more than that? Possibly.  I haven't done the math for the season to see if we will run out of starts for players. Guess I'd look at how many weeks left, and see how many reliable players I like to use are in each category A/B/C, maybe pencil some in on certain future weeks for major tournaments or something. That's a lot of brain power.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Bye bye to Rory & Patty Reed . . .

What a bunch of ba-loney...... These guys are killing my team this year.....

What's with many of the Top players missing Cuts this year ???

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

sigh my C-list players both missed the cut.  Fabian Gomez missed by a wide margin, and Ricky Barnes who was even yesterday shot a freaking 80.  

Oh well.  I'll have to live this weekend with Rickie Fowler and Jimmy Walker starting for me.  Hopefully Ryan Palmer pulls his weight too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

8 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I'm down to two.  All of my B squad is out:(

+1, same here.  I guess the phrase "choking dog" doesn't really apply when you were never in the hunt in the first place.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

After Rickie's hot start, I sat Adam Scott for the weekend. :cry:

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I think I'm picking Rickie Walker this week, but I can't tell if he is an A or B list player.

Playing this fantasy game really makes me wonder what happens that a player can go from poor performance one week and then jump into contention the next (or round to round as Rickie showed last week, though in reverse). I really think that I need to invest in some new darts, because the ones I've been using have made some horrible picks.

10 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I think I'm picking Rickie Walker this week, but I can't tell if he is an A or B list player.

Rickie Fowler or Jimmy Walker?  A, B.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Time to put in my bench players as my starters combined to shoot +6, scoring 22 points; while my bench shot -5. And my C players need to step up their game or they could be traded or sent down to play some AA ball.

Sneds WD with rib injury. His first round was awful, but I was planning to leave him in today to see if he could turn it around and make the weekend. Two tournaments in a row I'm playing with less than a full deck before the weekend.

2 hours ago, the fish said:

Sneds WD with rib injury. His first round was awful, but I was planning to leave him in today to see if he could turn it around and make the weekend. Two tournaments in a row I'm playing with less than a full deck before the weekend.

I've been playing with less than a full deck for decades!:-P

Dave

Good job so far Rory.  And, to a lesser extent, Charl.

Jordan, Henrik, step it up.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Jumped up 2 spots this week as I had Adam Scott and Danny Willett. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Note: This thread is 2765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!