IGNORED

2016 SMBC Singapore Open Discussion

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Jordan Spieth is playing in the field.   It seems like an odd event for the world's #1 to play.  Oh, well.

Does anyone know who are the Golfchannel hosts for program?  They sound familiar but I can't put their names to the voices.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He wants to get international exposure, so he's trying to spend time overseas until the big tournaments in the US start up.  I think it's a smart move for him as a young golfer and for his brand.  It will help him to play more overseas, especially in the UK and Europe so he gets used to playing in the wind and rain.

Joe Paradiso

Sentosa, Singapore, January 30: China’s Liang Wenchong emerged from a marathon day as clubhouse leader of the SMBC Singapore Open on Saturday.

He broke through the fatigue barrier by carding a four-under-par 67 for a total of eight under 205 before the third round of the SMBC Singapore Open was suspended due to darkness.

Liang played 31 holes at the Serapong Course at Sentosa Golf Club after inclement weather during the first two rounds had led to lengthy delays at the US$1 million event.

http://www.smbcsingaporeopen.com/2054-2/

http://www.asiantour.com/tournaments/520/leaderboard/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Shoot.   It just went into a weather delay when Jordan was about to make a birdie putt on 18th hole.  The putt would likely put him in playoff against Song who started 5 strokes ahead of Jordan.   The final round so far has been entertaining with Jodan slowly inching up to the leaderboard as the round went on. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

9 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

Shoot.   It just went into a weather delay when Jordan was about to make a birdie putt on 18th hole.  The putt would likely put him in playoff against Song who started 5 strokes ahead of Jordan.   The final round so far has been entertaining with Jodan slowly inching up to the leaderboard as the round went on. 

Song also faces an 8 foot putt for par when play resumes, I believe

44 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Does Jordan have a different caddie for this event ?

It's his agent/manager because his regular caddy got sick.

18 minutes ago, rolopolo said:

Song also faces an 8 foot putt for par when play resumes, I believe

Yeah, on 16.  They come back today(tomorrow I mean) at 7:30 am, which I just discovered is 3:30 pm today here on the west coast.  If Spieth makes and Song misses, they'll be tied and song has two remaining holes, the last being a par 5.

Incidentally, that last hole is the same last hole where Paula creamer made that memorable 70' eagle putt for a victory a couple of years ago.

$1.2m first place money and I think $1.2m appearance fee ? That's pretty enticing for a different venue

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

$1.2m first place money and I think $1.2m appearance fee ? That's pretty enticing for a different venue

I think the tournament purse is only $1m, which probably means the winner will only get around $300k. It used to have a real big purse when it was part of the European Tour for a while, with strong fields, but now it's just a Japan Tour event.

Either way it's an awesome part of the world, a real experience,with beautiful sights, beautiful people and great food.

Can't really question anyone who wants to experience what else there is to offer outised of his native country.

Play has resumed.  Jordan made the birdie on the final hole and only a shot behind.   Song has two holes to go to wrap up his 1st win or not.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Can't believe Song made that 12 footer for par.  Good on him but hoping for a bogey comin in, may get some playoff coverage on TGC.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!