IGNORED

A very big guy that enjoys walking

Eack
Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey TST,  

Let me start off by saying one thing I'm a BIG guy close to 350 lbs.  I thoroughly enjoy walking the course for multiple reasons.  

The first is cost,  at roughly $15 per 9 hole round or about $850 a year for unlimited rental.  That alone is a huge added expense.  

Second is the frame of mind I stay in during a round when walking.  I find it easier to blow off the steam from a bad shot. Riding in a cart always seems to be darting through the course looking for a ball and swinging at it for me.  Very quick but sometimes not thoroughly thought out.  

The third reason is simply I enjoy walking through the course and seeing many things that blow past on a cart, birds bugs animals etc....  

One of many questions I have is what push or pull cart do you use and recommend?

I mainly carry my bag when i walk and it seems like everything will start to add to much to enjoy the game. I'm starting a YouTube channel solely to document my journey of trying to get and maintain a scratch handicap.  This means I carry a camera around now and that's a hassle carrying my bag also.  My setup is not going to be anything fancy just a gopro and the gooseneck attachment,  but I digress....  

I've got a few friends that have click gear carts they seem nice but are pricey and they don't seem to have many issues.  I've got an old Dunlop two wheel pull behind that works but it isn't the best thing around. 

So to sum it all up,  walkers (not zombies). What do you use? Do any of you vlog like I'm planning on doing?

I use a very basic pull cart, but I think if you're trying to get anyone watching to watch a YouTube channel of you trying to get to scratch from an 11.8, you'll need a very special cart indeed. I recommend one of these.SandraGal_AnnaGrzebien_ChristinaKim_Arti

Edited by chspeed
  • Upvote 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a Sun Mountain Micro Cart. I really like it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I tried a pull cart but found it hurt my back more than just walking.  

I hate using a cart and refuse to.  It cheapens the game for me.  I feel like I wasn't actually out there and don't have enough time to think about the round.  Before you know it, you are at the last hole and the whole round was a blur.

• Upvote 1

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Just now, pumaAttack said:

I hate using a cart and refuse to.  It cheapens the game for me.  I feel like I wasn't actually out there and don't have enough time to think about the round.  Before you know it, you are at the last hole and the whole round was a blur.

Took the words right out of my mouth

44 minutes ago, Eack said:

Hey TST,  

Let me start off by saying one thing I'm a BIG guy close to 350 lbs.  I thoroughly enjoy walking the course for multiple reasons.  

The first is cost,  at roughly $15 per 9 hole round or about $850 a year for unlimited rental.  That alone is a huge added expense.  

Second is the frame of mind I stay in during a round when walking.  I find it easier to blow off the steam from a bad shot. Riding in a cart always seems to be darting through the course looking for a ball and swinging at it for me.  Very quick but sometimes not thoroughly thought out.  

The third reason is simply I enjoy walking through the course and seeing many things that blow past on a cart, birds bugs animals etc....  

One of many questions I have is what push or pull cart do you use and recommend?

I mainly carry my bag when i walk and it seems like everything will start to add to much to enjoy the game. I'm starting a YouTube channel solely to document my journey of trying to get and maintain a scratch handicap.  This means I carry a camera around now and that's a hassle carrying my bag also.  My setup is not going to be anything fancy just a gopro and the gooseneck attachment,  but I digress....  

I've got a few friends that have click gear carts they seem nice but are pricey and they don't seem to have many issues.  I've got an old Dunlop two wheel pull behind that works but it isn't the best thing around. 

So to sum it all up,  walkers (not zombies). What do you use? Do any of you vlog like I'm planning on doing?

Look at Caddy-Tek.  They are as well built as Clik Gear, but cost up to $100 less.  I have a Caddy Tek 3 wheeler and I like it a lot.  I'm on a weight loss regimen right now and I plan on incorporating a lot more walking this year, especially for those quick 9 hole rounds at my closest local course.   

This is the model I have - $158 at Amazon:  CaddyTek EZ Fold

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

i would def recommend a PUSH cart and NOT a PULL cart.  but i think youre already thinking along those lines.  i like the Sun Mountain carts in the 3 wheeled versions.  i find them easier to maneuver than the 4 wheelers. and solid wheels, not tires filled with air.  those are a hassle when you realize theyre flat when you take them out of the car and your tee time is in 3 minutes.

also do your research on how big they are folded down, to see how they fit in your cars trunk.

Colin P.

I'm using a BagBoy Quad XL, and I love it.  There are two reasons I chose this cart:

1) I have a Sun Mountain stand bag, and didn't want to buy a cart bag.  With this cart I can use my stand bag, and I don't even need to lock the legs before putting my bag on.  The bottom has an opening for the foot, and the top mount grabs the bag outside of the legs.  When comparing this cart to others in the store, this cart was far and away the best for me--even better than the Sun Mountain cart.

2) I'm 6'3" and the handle raises plenty high for me.

Side benefits:

1) I think this cart sets up and takes down faster than a 3 wheel cart--there is no fiddling with turning the front wheel sideways.  If you are also planning to set up video equipment, time savings with the cart is probably of great benefit to you.

2) The umbrella holder is off to the side (can choose either side of the cart), instead of in the middle of the handle.  This keeps it out of my way, and also lets me mount my GPS watch right in the middle of the handle so I don't have to wear it.  The holder is a through hole, and since you are using photo equipment, it would be very easy for you to get a 10-24 bolt to use as a stud for mounting, just like a tripod base.

3) I think 4 wheel carts fold down smaller, but this isn't an issue for me since it rides in the bed of my pickup.

Edited by the fish

IMO easier to carry a light bag with just what is needed, clubs, balls, bottle pouch etc. than pull or push a cart. Some of those big push cart guys I see look like they are re-enacting a bondage scene from The Ten Commandments.

Dave :-)

I have two Bag Boy Quad push carts and they serve me very well when I do use them.

22 minutes ago, Eack said:

25 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Took the words right out of my mouth

Depends what kind of round you want to play. I regularly carry, drive and push a push cart. It all depends upon the course I play and my mood.

9 minutes ago, colin007 said:

i would def recommend a PUSH cart and NOT a PULL cart.  but i think youre already thinking along those lines.  i like the Sun Mountain carts in the 3 wheeled versions.  i find them easier to maneuver than the 4 wheelers. and solid wheels, not tires filled with air.  those are a hassle when you realize theyre flat when you take them out of the car and your tee time is in 3 minutes.

also do your research on how big they are folded down, to see how they fit in your cars trunk.

Agree, push is a lot better.

5 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

IMO easier to carry a light bag with just what is needed, clubs, balls, bottle pouch etc. than pull or push a cart. Some of those big push cart guys I see look like they are re-enacting a bondage scene from The Ten Commandments.

Or selling hot dogs in Central Park :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

39 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Look at Caddy-Tek.  They are as well built as Clik Gear, but cost up to $100 less.  I have a Caddy Tek 3 wheeler and I like it a lot.  I'm on a weight loss regimen right now and I plan on incorporating a lot more walking this year, especially for those quick 9 hole rounds at my closest local course.   

This is the model I have - $158 at Amazon:  CaddyTek EZ Fold

Those look nice, how well does the "cooler" work?

19 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Or selling hot dogs in Central Park :-D

Lol to be clear I meant the cart and bag is big not the guy so yeah just like that, especially on the hilly holes.

Dave :-)

2 minutes ago, Eack said:

Those look nice, how well does the "cooler" work?

Honestly I don't know.  I don't carry anything but a water bottle, and I don't ice it.  You can read the reviews on the Amazon site that I linked and maybe get more.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Just now, Dave2512 said:

Lol to be clear I meant the cart and bag is big not the guy so yeah just like that, especially on the hilly holes.

I figured that's what you meant. . .never known you to be offensive. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

8 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Honestly I don't know.  I don't carry anything but a water bottle, and I don't ice it.  You can read the reviews on the Amazon site that I linked and maybe get more.

I did, that's why asked.  Some people say it fits 2 cans some people say 6.  It's a very nice looking bag though. Thanks for taking the time to share the link.

4 minutes ago, Eack said:

I did, that's why asked.  Some people say it fits 2 cans some people say 6.  It's a very nice looking bag though. Thanks for taking the time to share the link.

Maybe 2 cans of Fosters 22oz. Lager, or 6 cans of bud or something equally horrible like that? :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 hours ago, Eack said:

This means I carry a camera around now and that's a hassle carrying my bag also.  My setup is not going to be anything fancy just a gopro and the gooseneck attachment,  but I digress....  

You reminded me of this thread, and specifically, this post (#8): 

Agree with all who voted push cart, and I have only heard good things about clic gear.

Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!