IGNORED

Graham DeLaet

Tee2Trees
Note: This thread is 2956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Graham DeLaet is now one of my favorite golfers.  Such a pure ball-striker and he putts about as well as I do.  One of those players that leaves you in awe but still lets you think you could beat him on your home course if you happen to make a few putts.  And the beard is alright -- it just makes people jealous, I guess.

he putts as well as Michael J Fox plays Jenga....

i like him. love the beard.  the tour needs more personality like that.

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, he couldn't buy a putt yesterday.  Kind of felt bad for him.

I have two of those 20-something boys and they both have short hair and beards.  Like the look.  Looks great on 20-somethings, but not something I would ever attempt for the sake of everyone else!!!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

he putts as well as Michael J Fox plays Jenga....

i like him. love the beard.  the tour needs more personality like that.

LMAO, even I find that one a bit harsh...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Wonder what TPTB in the PGA Tour have to say about the beard? I have no problems w/it and it's his right to beard out all he wants. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Wonder what TPTB in the PGA Tour have to say about the beard? I have no problems w/it and it's his right to beard out all he wants. 

If they have a problem, Graham will send Leo after them.

56e6f71115e62_LeoDicaprio.jpg.5d3c0a7845

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

When a style trend makes it out of its founding niche into the general public, I usually pass. It's just a matter of time before it starts looking stupid. Hipsters in Brooklyn have been doing the huge beard/short hair thing for years. Now it's yuppie or whatever. Kind of like when all of a sudden, half the men in the US over 30 had a goatee. It's gonna be the 'teens version of the Mullet, when we look back 25 years from now.

I HATE IT!

We know that putting doesn't separate US from tour pros nearly as much as iron play and driving do....But geez when you are looking at the top players in the world, and among those the subset who are at the top of a leaderboard on the PGA tour, man is it ever devastating to putt lousy. Just killed him this week. He was something like 12+ strokes gained tee to green!!!!! And he couldn't putt well enough to win.

• Upvote 1

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

2 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

LMAO, even I find that one a bit harsh...

Lol, it was either him or Muhammad Ali...

Colin P.

20 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Lol, it was either him or Muhammad Ali...

reverse-1245228284_parkinsons.gif

• Upvote 2

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I like the guy. He is great to watch with his irons. I wish he could putt better.

I have some advice for the people on this thread.  Take the change out of your pocket and take a good look a the people on the coins.  Having a beard should not be any more comment worthy than having blue eyes.

1 hour ago, Big Lex said:

When a style trend makes it out of its founding niche into the general public, I usually pass. It's just a matter of time before it starts looking stupid. Hipsters in Brooklyn have been doing the huge beard/short hair thing for years. Now it's yuppie or whatever. Kind of like when all of a sudden, half the men in the US over 30 had a goatee. It's gonna be the 'teens version of the Mullet, when we look back 25 years from now.

This is frequently true of all trends.  Of course, after the period of time passes where we realize it looked stupid, a new era arrives where it becomes cool again, and the cycle continues.

7 minutes ago, ppine said:

I like the guy. He is great to watch with his irons. I wish he could putt better.

I have some advice for the people on this thread.  Take the change out of your pocket and take a good look a the people on the coins.  Having a beard should not be any more comment worthy than having blue eyes.

Oh, don't even get me started on those mutant freaks!

• Upvote 1

The guy has a beard, who cares?  He's found a way to stand out,  not much differently than guys wearing Loudmouth clothes or Rickie Fowler with his capris and high tops.  

Golf is about self promotion and he found an angle to get himself some airtime.  He'd have been better off getting some putting lessons before drawing all that attention to himself but I'm sure he'll work on his putting.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

12 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Golf is about self promotion and he found an angle to get himself some airtime. 

Being in contention on the weekend tends to get airtime, beard or no.

13 hours ago, newtogolf said:

The guy has a beard, who cares?  He's found a way to stand out,  not much differently than guys wearing Loudmouth clothes or Rickie Fowler with his capris and high tops.  

Golf is about self promotion and he found an angle to get himself some airtime.  He'd have been better off getting some putting lessons before drawing all that attention to himself but I'm sure he'll work on his putting.  

That's ridiculous. He got airtime by being in the first page of leaderboard all weekend. 

His putting did suck though. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

33 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

That's ridiculous. He got airtime by being in the first page of leaderboard all weekend. 

His putting did suck though. 

Below is Graham on the Senior Tour.

56e7ebff3b012_Its.jpg.ffe29521c82b99e4dd

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!