IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau is now a professional...

krupa
Note: This thread is 2792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll get that hat if it's the last thing I do.  And when it's mine, I'll wash it to within an inch of its life.

Hat:  Do you expect me to talk?

Me:  No, Mr. Hat, I expect you to dye.

• Upvote 2

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

The guy had the 12th fewest putts all week. He only had 4 more putts than Spieth. They were not that far apart, 2 out of the 4 rounds Bryson played better than Spieth. 

Do we know his SG putting?

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

16 minutes ago, krupa said:

I'll get that hat if it's the last thing I do.  And when it's mine, I'll wash it to within an inch of its life.

Hat:  Do you expect me to talk?

Me:  No, Mr. Hat, I expect you to dye.

What color are you going to dye it?

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

21 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

What color are you going to dye it?

14 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

If he doesn't say 'gold' then I don't know anything. ;)

Well... yes... gold... 

Ya know... it's really hard to instill the right amount of fear and respect in hired goons without some golfer coming along and ruining the moment.

And as we sit here talking, the hat made another birdie!

1 minute ago, krupa said:

Well... yes... gold... 

Ya know... it's really hard to instill the right amount of fear and respect in hired goons without some golfer coming along and ruining the moment.

And as we sit here talking, the hat made another birdie!

I wanna know what they are gonna do when that hat wins the tournament.  Can't put a tartan jacket on a hat very well.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

1 minute ago, pumaAttack said:

I wanna know what they are gonna do when that hat wins the tournament.  Can't put a tartan jacket on a hat very well.

I really hope that if Bryson has a chance of winning on Sunday, he wears a plaid Tam O'Shanter.  I'd forgive him for being an artiste.

This has devolved into a millenial PGA pros fashion thread.  But I'm more interested in the guy's swing.  SLI is cool, and when I have time to play super regularly again I could definitely envision trying that out.  I've always been interested in it, since it seems like it basically has to be true that you'd be more consistent with only one setup, LW-3i, and I think I've got the swing speed to make the distance gaps work well enough.

But on this board I'd like to hear some knowledgable people talk about his swing. I know if you slow it down it's not as dramatic, but at full speed, relative to other modern pros, it looks almost like he's swinging completely upright, both stance and path of the handle, and then wristing the shit out of it to get to a good impact position.

Again, I'm aware that's not quite what he's doing, but is it not true he's well in that direction from other modern pros?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I love this guy's swing and club set-up, it's pretty refreshing to watch. But damn, I cringe through every one of his interviews with the way he talks down to reporters. Is it just me? Or is he kind of arrogant in his self-image?

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

40 minutes ago, Mop Bucket said:

I love this guy's swing and club set-up, it's pretty refreshing to watch. But damn, I cringe through every one of his interviews with the way he talks down to reporters. Is it just me? Or is he kind of arrogant in his self-image?

He's arrogant but in a different way than Patrick Reed was.  

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, Mop Bucket said:

He's definitely arrogant, but he's somehow arrogant in a genuine, sincere way that doesn't bother me...at least at this point. I may feel differently after listening to him for a year or two.

Edited by skydog

2 minutes ago, skydog said:

He's definitely arrogant, but he's somehow arrogant in a genuine, sincere way that doesn't bother me...at least at this point. I may feel differently after listening to him for a year or two.

This is true, he's arrogant but still gets my respect. And there's no saying that he won't cool off down the road a little, afterall he got what he was looking for with his newfound fan-base and a few companies paying his bills.

In the bag:

Touching on his arrogance, I do not like him at all. I met him at the AM last year and you could tell with how he spoke to people he thought he was better than everyone and after he won acted like he had no idea he could do it. His swing coach was the worst, he was talking him up to me like he was the next coming and it was really hard to listen to, I even tried to leave and he kept on going. Now, I'm sure he's a good kid but my encounter just rubbed me the wrong way and I get a sense of self-entitlement and the perception that he's better than everyone else. 

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

2 hours ago, Mop Bucket said:

This is true, he's arrogant but still gets my respect. And there's no saying that he won't cool off down the road a little, afterall he got what he was looking for with his newfound fan-base and a few companies paying his bills.

I doubt he'll cool down.  When you put yourself in the company of Jack and Arnie with respect to growing the game you have high aspirations.  

I don't know his family background but watching him, his demeanor and the way that he conducts himself would indicates he comes from some wealth and has lived a fairly entitled life.  He has a very high opinion of himself (which could be rightly earned) but he strikes me as a guy who grew up in country clubs, hanging around wealthy and powerful people so he views the rest of the pro's as peers and isn't going to be falsely humble to win over a few fans, it's just not in his DNA.  

Joe Paradiso

11 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I doubt he'll cool down.  When you put yourself in the company of Jack and Arnie with respect to growing the game you have high aspirations.  

I don't know his family background but watching him, his demeanor and the way that he conducts himself would indicates he comes from some wealth and has lived a fairly entitled life.  He has a very high opinion of himself (which could be rightly earned) but he strikes me as a guy who grew up in country clubs, hanging around wealthy and powerful people so he views the rest of the pro's as peers and isn't going to be falsely humble to win over a few fans, it's just not in his DNA.  

Yeah I heard that quote as well when he was interviewed last week, it was the first time I'd heard him speak and I was a little taken back. But like @MasonAsher2014 he seems to have a very strong sense of self-entitlement which can only go one of a couple ways once you make it to the bigs. People who have an inflated view of themselves also usually play under a heavy amount of pressure so it will be interesting to watch him in the next few years for sure, though. The way I see it, he either becomes the next big thing in golf or fades away from the limelight.

The guy undoubtedly has a lot of talent, he has a ton of potential on the tour as long as his head doesn't stop him from getting through the door.

Edited by Mop Bucket

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 2792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!