IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5/15/16:

Did the one and roll drill and the pole drill this morning focusing on my release, which is your entire downswing...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Practiced putting for 30 minutes. After warm-up, went around the 9-hole putting clock twice. Mainly 15 to 30-foot putts.

Not very good results. Out of 18 tries, had six 3-putts and only a single 1-putt. Just not making good contact - bad putts either short right, or 6 feet past with good line.

Concentration poor today.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Played 18 holes with @onthehunt526.  Before the round I practiced putts on the putting green.  The putting didn't help... had a lot of putts.

Regardless of the score, I had a good time meeting Shane.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

5/15 - I practiced for about 45 minutes hitting into the net.  I've actually been taking a lot of lessons, lately, which is odd for me . .but I've been making a lot of changes.  It started with me going in for kind of a "pre-season tune-up" and ended up in a 3 month long golf-swing improvement odyssey. 

First I quieted my legs.  Then I had this huge realization that I could no longer hit the ball.  Doh!  I realized that was because my downswing path was wrong, my clubface was open . .went back for another lesson . . eventually realized that I was casting it big time . another lesson . ..eventually realized that I was aiming at the ball . .eventually realized what it felt like to NOT aim at the ball.  Took another lesson last week and now it's time to build some coil and learn how to use my lower body.  

Working on the drills from last week, I had a HUGE realization about how to use the ground.  I'm literally trying to "imagine my left knee drawing a circle around my left foot" and WHAM .. it hits me, lol.  What would I be doing to make this happen?  I would be springing off my back foot.  However, in the past when I've tried that it only resulted in a huge lateral move.  Now, however, I have more keys in place to make it more rotational and so now it makes sense.  

That's what I'm working on for this week.  Definitely.    

22 minutes ago, krupa said:

Played 18 holes with @onthehunt526.  Before the round I practiced putts on the putting green.  The putting didn't help... had a lot of putts.

Regardless of the score, I had a good time meeting Shane.

I played 18 holes with @krupa. I didn't play really well... Very windy and cold. My putting was pretty good... Even though I shot in the 90s. I forgot to tag a few shots on GG I have to go in and fix. But it was a pleasure playing with Matt. 

It seems like I hit it straighter, more solid and stay in balance when I swing easier and shorter... I just lost concentration on a few shots... But I'm pleased with the way I started and finished. I just need to work on inside 100 yards as I'm taking way too many to get down from 100 and in.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Pitching in the backyard also hitting into the net some.  Realizing that if I address the ball closer to the toe it limits the heely shanks that I've been getting to regularly.  

Also started and almost done reading Ernest Jones’s book. I'm hoping for a different approach to my swing, even just in ideal alone, plus LSW, and game golf once I start using it, can get me off of this plateau that I have been on.

9 holes at Altadena, son scored and shot 37, me 41. We played the 'tips'.

Finally, getting good drives with my Ping i25 again. Hit 3 decent drives, as long as the end of last season. One of them 285! My son was surprised. The others were short 260 to 270 yard drives :-P

I'm at the point where playing the course more might help reduce my scores. Going to start playing in the early mornings again.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

8 hours ago, Lihu said:

9 holes at Altadena, son scored and shot 37, me 41. We played the 'tips'.

Finally, getting good drives with my Ping i25 again. Hit 3 decent drives, as long as the end of last season. One of them 285! My son was surprised. The others were short 260 to 270 yard drives :-P

I'm at the point where playing the course more might help reduce my scores. Going to start playing in the early mornings again.

Forgot to add this picture my son took of me and my little re-found buddy. We teed off from the farthest back before the fence and ended up 25 yards short and about 25 yards right. GPSed 2 times to 285 on a ehh drive. I'm anticipating the occasional longer ones through the season.

image.jpeg

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I played 9 holes on the indoor simulator today, I find it a nice halfway house of putting drills to play without the vagaries that the course throws up. Has the nice side benefit of always scoring better due to the always perfect lie.

I use it a lot to work on my shot zones and then putting them into place (it helps having the overhead maps with your position on) so helps get the system in place for applying them accurately and quickly.

Hi, My name is Matt.

15 minutes mirror work for the first time since Thursday. I pulled a muscle in my mid back, which is weird. But I thought is best not to push it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/16/16:

I Worked on keeping my head steady in my pitching and chipping for 10 minutes this morning. My thought was you have to see impact.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

60 minutes at the range. No video, but continued with same drills to flatten swing. Video later in the week to verify if I can speed up successfully. I think slow motion is going ok- even if very awkward. Form is better but still need to validate that the continuous motion with a ball in front of me is producing the right swing plane at A5 as I speed up anything beyond the slow motion drill.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Spent about 20 minutes at the practice green on the way home from work.  I'm definitely afraid of short putts:  if I have a 4 foot putt, I don't want to send the ball 8' and have the same shot coming back.  So I tend to just hit the ball badly.

I would have worked on it longer,  but I'm tired from working all day and really hungry.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Rain today and Tuesday.

I spent 10 minutes checking my set-up and pre-shot routine. Both get sloppy from holes 10 through 15. Rushing either increases bad shots.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

On 5/15/2016 at 6:57 PM, Rainmaker said:

Working on the drills from last week, I had a HUGE realization about how to use the ground.  I'm literally trying to "imagine my left knee drawing a circle around my left foot" and WHAM .. it hits me, lol.  What would I be doing to make this happen?  I would be springing off my back foot. 

Ok, I was really close and I see where I was off . .but it's too late, I hurt my knee, lol.  Not bad, thankfully I wasn't overdoing it.  Even though my knee hurt a little, I went out this morning and spent 15 minutes mapping the motion in slo-mo . .feeling for the knee pain.  I believe what caused it is using my left knee too much and my right leg not enough.  That motion feels good - no pain.  But I have to wait a day or 2 to do anything more than slo-mo mapping.

Note: This thread is 2892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!