IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 5/23/2016 at 6:25 AM, Lihu said:

Still working on my "half swing" method. Trying to exercise a full turn at a slower speed and A6 to impact at "full" speed. This is going to take me some time to figure out so I'll be posting the same thing for a while yet. . .

Worked on this a bit at the range this morning before work. Distances are definitely longer than two weeks ago. Can't hit my longer irons again. 6i is the longest club I can currently hit, but it goes far enough for now. Hit 5i and 4i about 10 times and only got one decent impact out of each club, but they were pulled about 5-10 degrees. Lot's more work to do on alignment and setup, and I need to be more precise about it.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Played 18. Some good results with driver coming from continued Driver drill to stop slices. 

More drills after round.

Under construction, signature and game.

Prior to playing 18 holes, I did 10 minutes of practicing my piece (still shallowing the club and hitting my A4-A6 positions). No video or anything, just slow motion hitting about 5 balls at 30% speed. One of my new assignments was staying loose with my arms and making sure my lead arm is not stuck to my chest/pec. As my lead arm comes down, the separation from the chest seems to help shallow the club as I get into A6.

After this 10 minutes, I used the rest of the bucket to loosely warm up through all clubs in the bag, staying cognizant of the feels from my practice. Awkwardness was there, but I let myself find a swing for the day and took that to the course. Today it was left shoulder getting a full turn under my shoulder, while my right elbow stayed in front of my seam for a shorter backswing than I normally do. Those partial swings still felt plenty powerful when I hit center clubface. Used the feel on the course, but drifted in and out of it at times, as I got undisciplined a few times while playing the round.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

chipping the in the backyard this evening.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Hit into the net and putted in the garage a bit. Trying to find a more comfortable putting stance that lends itself more to my putting stroke have had mixed results lately.

Practiced pre-shot routine and setup for 10 minutes. My setup got sloppy on back nine last time I played.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

10 hours ago, Lihu said:

Worked on this a bit at the range this morning before work. Distances are definitely longer than two weeks ago. Can't hit my longer irons again. 6i is the longest club I can currently hit, but it goes far enough for now. Hit 5i and 4i about 10 times and only got one decent impact out of each club, but they were pulled about 5-10 degrees. Lot's more work to do on alignment and setup, and I need to be more precise about it.

Shot terrible, but not as terrible as two days ago. Probably about the same as yesterday because I was on a longer course and the non-optimal drives forced me to use longer clubs.

Talk about slow play! I was able to rank 1st in the highest level of Angry Birds. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

More of the same with a mirror. It's really tough getting that timing. The only reason I am still attempting to "perfect" this strange practice swing is that this same swing without the same exaggerated slowness from A3 to A6 seems to work pretty good on the course.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

15 minutes mirror work before my stretching session. Got a new Evolvr lesson plan and worked on rotating from A4-6.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Range today doing slow mo Driver drill to stop slices and pitching. About 80 balls , 60 driver and 20 pitching GW and PW.

Under construction, signature and game.

5/26/16:

Played 18... Shot 87... I still suck...my wedge game needs work But it's getting better.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Looked at the :aimpoint: site, and viewed three of the basic videos.

Practiced quarter and half shots with 54* wedge in back yard. Getting good contact and shot height out of varying lies.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Went to the range again.  Working on longer clubs.  Finally got over it and recorded some swings...

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Range practice. A4 to A6 motion work in slow motion.

Then abbreviated swings with a smooth loopy feel. Trying to exaggerate the loop like Furyk, even for just that short half backswing (not much past A2). When hitting balls, I found it difficult to keep the same loopiness. Tendency even for the shortened backswing was STILL to come straight back on the same steep-ish path. I hit remainder of bucket doing slow loopy swings to make contact with ball. Really feeling the steep backswing and shallow downswing.

In the end, I was able to make good contact that way, but never got my backswing much up past parallel. Felt productive though, as I powered through something keeping me from doing the motion with a ball in front of me.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

20 hours ago, Lihu said:

More of the same with a mirror. It's really tough getting that timing. The only reason I am still attempting to "perfect" this strange practice swing is that this same swing without the same exaggerated slowness from A3 to A6 seems to work pretty good on the course.

More of these. Starting to work on my hip shift versus rotation timing a little bit at full speed as well.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!