IGNORED

GAME GOLF Accuracy (Poll and Discussion)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

GAME GOLF Stats  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How thoroughly do you edit your GAME GOLF rounds?

• I do not own a GAME GOLF.
    • I do not edit my rounds at all.
    • I edit enough to make sure the score is accurate.
    • I correct any glaring mistakes.
    • I flip through each hole and make a few adjustments here and there.
    • I edit each hole to make sure everything is as accurate as possible.

3 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

No you do not understand this correctly.

So, where are the actual tee boxes for 12 and 14? Seems like reasonable locations for tee boxes?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, Lihu said:

So, where are the actual tee boxes for 12 and 14? Seems like reasonable locations for tee boxes?

I was just stating there is a noticeable difference in the locations of the tags for the same tee box. I used 17 as the example.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

5 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I was just stating there is a noticeable difference in the locations of the tags for the same tee box. I used 17 as the example.

Right, so I did understand what you stated earlier, and that's really a pretty insignificant difference in tee box locations.

Sometimes you'll read +11 and sometimes -11, with enough data it should pretty much average out.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Even if you were standing in exactly the same spot the limitations of GPS is a couple yards. It's not worth worrying about because the only stat that shows up in is club performance just have to be careful editing putts. Tags being a couple yards off or exact isn't going to teach us anything. My shots vary more than that.

Dave :-)

5 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Even if you were standing in exactly the same spot the limitations of GPS is a couple yards. It's not worth worrying about because the only stat that shows up in is club performance just have to be careful editing putts. Tags being a couple yards off or exact isn't going to teach us anything. My shots vary more than that.

. . .and mine by even more. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

33 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I'm just showing it is a club length off at times, and it could be anywhere and at any time. Never mind the driver. It's not enough to keep me from using it but I do not find it to be a reliable source for individual shots in a say a personal challenge with a friend where a long drive might be a skin and do have challenges with friends on game golf. Obviously it is not perfect and I like it overall. I am just showing the performance as I know it.

14 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I'm just showing it is a club length off at times, and it could be anywhere and at any time. Never mind the driver. It's not enough to keep me from using it but I do not find it to be a reliable source for individual shots in a say a personal challenge with a friend where a long drive might be a skin and do have challenges with friends on game golf. Obviously it is not perfect and I like it overall. I am just showing the performance as I know it.

But my understanding is that's the limitation with GPS devices in general and not specifically with Game Golf and, knowing that, at least as I interpret it, why would you make it seem as though that's an issue with the device?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

22 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

But it's probably really not. People tag a couple feet away from the ball, tag behind tee markers before stepping up to hit a ball. If a club length represents 10 yds ish that's 30 feet and I've never seen it that far off. We've been using GPS installed in vehicles for about ten yrs now the GPS tech advances are significant. GG is probably accurate to about 9-10 feet using my putting tags as the gauge.

The round you posted earlier is funky because you didn't power off and play the same side twice. I've done it and it wreaks havoc on the tag locations and every other thing. I didn't bother trying to sort it out when I did it I deleted the round.

24 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

But it's probably really not. People tag a couple feet away from the ball, tag behind tee markers before stepping up to hit a ball.

Maybe they do but I don't and didn't. Maybe there is something to the dual round, Idk. Maybe that is the issue.

EDIT: I went back to past (3 of them) rounds in on the same course and it doesn't appear to have any tagged shots off the tee box so there must be some conflict in placement when not logged as a separate round. I may have been in almost the exact same spot on those drives.

30 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

But my understanding is that's the limitation with GPS devices in general and not specifically with Game Golf and, knowing that, at least as I interpret it, why would you make it seem as though that's an issue with the device?

Because I am using the device and this is the discussion and these were the outcomes. What else is there? I didn't check the gps of the GG with the golf shot app that I was using or I would have thrown that data in.

If the range doesn't bother you, then that is fine, it shouldn't influence anyone else. I am not sure how I feel about it.

Edited by Valleygolfer

18 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Maybe they do but I don't and didn't. Maybe there is something to the dual round, Idk. Maybe that is the issue.

EDIT: I went back to past (3 of them) rounds in on the same course and it doesn't appear to have any tagged shots off the tee box so there must be some conflict in placement when not logged as a separate round. I may have been in almost the exact same spot on those drives.

There is I've seen it with duplicate tags and detected shots if I took a bunch of practice swings while waiting. The back end doesn't like tags on top of tags. If I tag twice it will log a 1 yd shot and push it away from the first tag even if I am standing in the same spot.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Particularly when you're in trees and/or it is overcast.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 5/4/2016 at 10:54 PM, Lihu said:

:-D

Of course, and I never had an issue with GG not knowing that I am chipping. :-)

So, I found that the old method I used "bump and run" with "method of 12" only really worked well on slower greens, Not discounting that my skill level is simply not good enough to bump and run everything. Once I started playing really nice and weirdly elevated greens I started learning to flop my shots. My bread and butter bump and run is with a putter, and chips are usually a lob shot. If there's a tight landing high up and possibly over a hazard, then I attempt to flop.

These were the big changes I made in the last few months on my short game. Seems to be paying off, but only time will tell.

If I find myself in deep rough slightly downhill from the green to a nice pin placement, I'll fall back to bump and run with a 52 or something.

I've been using Paul Wilson's chipping technique pretty effectively. Paul Wilson's chipping it dies work better in slow greens, but is easily adjusted on faster greens. But I have so few rounds on game golf that my averages haven't settled. Is there a way to adjust this now besides playing more rounds?

• Administrator

It looks like, as I suspected, a great many of the users here (users who care enough about golf to post on a forum AND have a GAME GOLF) are pretty thoroughly editing their rounds.

Good.

Bad data can affect everyone.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, rfeight said:

I've been using Paul Wilson's chipping technique pretty effectively. Paul Wilson's chipping it dies work better in slow greens, but is easily adjusted on faster greens. But I have so few rounds on game golf that my averages haven't settled. Is there a way to adjust this now besides playing more rounds?

On the analysis screens you can select 'All Rounds' (the default), Last 15 or 10 or 5 or 3 or Last Round.  But if you don't have enough rounds to do that then all you can do is play a bunch more rounds.

• Upvote 1

On May 4, 2016 at 2:02 PM, RFKFREAK said:

But my understanding is that's the limitation with GPS devices in general and not specifically with Game Golf...

This is the case with my issues as I'm using my phone's GPS - which differs quite a bit from my Garmin. But it does seem weird that on the first hole it measures from the wrong tee box on a regular basis. I'd normally blame it on operator error...

Jon

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, Valleygolfer said:

It definitely doesn't like tags on top of tags. I had a duplicate tag last night, standing in the same spot there was an 11 yard difference. Snipped a screen shot before deleting the shot. Shot 2 is where I really was waiting in the fairway on the slow people ahead. I caught them right at that spot and thought they were done on the green but they dallied for a couple minutes and I started my pre-shot routine again, tagging is a habit now so it just happened I knew the second tag was there.

Probably also a good demonstration of the GPS accuracy. Even though it's 11 yards different it's 11 yards to the side, that's usually what it does with dup tags I've never had any north or south of where the ball was. I know my course so well I could walk it blindfolded. When I edit my rounds I know from the landmarks and where I was standing it's very close. If I had deleted shot 2 it wouldn't have changed the shot 1 distance much. It still would have been in the usual range for that club, 213 is my average.

Capture.JPG

Wanted to add this but had to talk to a customer. No longer able to edit.

I don't think that's actually 11 yards to the side more like 11 feet.  I was pretty close to the edge of the fairway, the right side of my cart would have been close to shot 3, tires in the rough, with about 4-5 feet between my ball and the left side. The fairway from the bunker to the right edge isn't very wide there.

I noticed this data on my last round.  I thought I hit all four fairways of this executive course.  I can accept that I missed on the 217 yard drive, it was close.  The hole by hole view shows me hitting 50%.  The tee shot analysis view shows me hitting 0%.  (The 279 yard distance is not representative, if you aim/hit to the right a bit you can get a whole lot of roll off the hard pan on that hill that kicks you down towards the fairway, which is what happened.)

fw acc.PNG

fw 5.PNG

fw 8.PNG

fw 11.PNG

fw 16.PNG

Note: This thread is 2907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!