IGNORED

2016 Players Championship Discussion Thread

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 2905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Faksakes said:

So the ball is flying, greens receptive and the guys are lighting it up. What would they shoot at your local muni if they held a tour event there? How many 59's etc would you see? 63 at Sawgrass!

Yep...total birdiefest!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Faksakes said:

So you are saying they would shoot basically the same as TPC Sawgrass as at your local muni? Low 60's is what Day shot and a few others. Greens would be much slower which negates the disadvantage of bumpier ones more or less. Also I don't know about your muni's but none of ours are over 7100 yards. Difficulty of layout and design too. There would be multiple sub 60 rounds imo.

Doubtful. 

The greens being fast and smooth is a huge advantage for them.  

Plus if it's their first time playing it they won't know the strategy and the breaks of the greens.  These guys have everything charted out at the courses they play. 

I'd guess a low 60, like 62/63, would be the best. 

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

5 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Did they explain how An identified his ball with certainty up in a tree (with at least one other ball) on the 6th hole? He took an unplayable instead of a lost ball.

He was looking up to his ball with a rules official who had binoculars I think.

11 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

WTF Stenson!!!!

I agree.  I played him this week in fantasy based on his course history, but it's going to be tough for him to make the cut now.  He needs to come out this afternoon firing on all cylinders.

22 minutes ago, ECUPirate said:

I agree.  I played him this week in fantasy based on his course history, but it's going to be tough for him to make the cut now.  He needs to come out this afternoon firing on all cylinders.

Cut forecast at -1,at the moment.

A few guys out and birdies are already flying in.

59 Watch!

Rory McIlroy is 7-under through 7 holes! (Started on the back nine)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1 minute ago, Chilli Dipper said:

59 Watch!

Way to jinx him man :doh:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 10.54.48 AM.png

17 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

59 Watch!

Wow.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

He always plays the back 9 well. We'll have to see what he does on the front nine (his back 9 today). 

I hope he keeps it going. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

On May 11, 2016 at 9:07 PM, saevel25 said:

I'll be rooting for Day. 

To get things started off,

I'm guessing these are not in a ranked order. Some I was confused why they were on at all. Okay, Rickie Fowler hit the ball and stuck it a few feet from hole. There is a par three I play just like that and I did the same thing. Not very extraordinary. Same with the Sergio one, wind pushed it closer. A good length birdie putt: Oooh. I had one of those two weeks ago. Now, the hole in one and the Fred Couples hole in three where ball just goes directly in the cup, those are awesome. 

Maybe im just a hater today. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

42 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Maybe im just a hater today. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

That has to be the answer. ;)

42 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Okay, Rickie Fowler hit the ball and stuck it a few feet from hole. Not very extraordinary.

Considering that it was the third time in the afternoon that he'd done it.  The first required to get into the playoff and the next two to win the playoff, I'd consider that very, VERY extraordinary.

Same with Sergio's ... on Sunday in a playoff to with the Players Championship?  Doesn't get any more clutch.

Tigers was a putt on Saturday that has a stupid catchy call to go along with it ... that the stupid NBC guys seem to try and work into every broadcast in some "subtle" way.  Without that comment, it doesn't make the list - sure as heck doesn't make number 1.  (Maybe I'm just a Tiger hater today. ;))

2 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

That has to be the answer. ;)

Considering that it was the third time in the afternoon that he'd done it.  The first required to get into the playoff and the next two to win the playoff, I'd consider that very, VERY extraordinary.

Same with Sergio's ... on Sunday in a playoff to with the Players Championship?  Doesn't get any more clutch.

Tigers was a putt on Saturday that has a stupid catchy call to go along with it ... that the stupid NBC guys seem to try and work into every broadcast in some "subtle" way.  Without that comment, it doesn't make the list - sure as heck doesn't make number 1.  (Maybe I'm just a Tiger hater today. ;))

But it's a par 3. I expect a professional to hit the ball close more times than not. Otherwise why is he/she on TV?  Hate, hate, hate!!!!  

3 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

But it's a par 3. I expect a professional to hit the ball close more times than not. Otherwise why is he/she on TV?  Hate, hate, hate!!!!  

What should have been on the list then?

Fowler missing the cut??? I think he's on my fantasy team. My bad- I'll take the blame on that one.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1 hour ago, RJH999 said:

Colt Knost shooting 62 out here.

I don't get Colt Knost. I would expect a man of his, um, girth to not be the shortest hitter on tour.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

45 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

What should have been on the list then?

Good question. Better question: Why did the list have to be ten entries long instead of say, 5, if really there have only been about five really great shots recorded on that hole. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

Note: This thread is 2905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!