IGNORED

Orlando, Florida

Note: This thread is 2298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I am coming down to Florida for a few days on a family trip and I have basically free reign to play golf. I am hoping to play at least one round and hopefully three. I will be staying at Star Island Resort just south of Orlando basically in Kissimmee. Does anyone have any course recommendations? Looking to play on Thursday August 3rd afternoon and hopefully early Friday morning and then in the afternoon. Definitely will get in a round  that Friday. Not looking to break the bank but I will spend for some nice courses. Looking for no more than a 30 minute drive. Let's hear your suggestions and let me know if you can join!!!

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, MasonAsher2014 said:

I am coming down to Florida for a few days on a family trip and I have basically free reign to play golf. I am hoping to play at least one round and hopefully three. I will be staying at Star Island Resort just south of Orlando basically in Kissimmee. Does anyone have any course recommendations? Looking to play on Thursday August 3rd afternoon and hopefully early Friday morning and then in the afternoon. Definitely will get in a round  that Friday. Not looking to break the bank but I will spend for some nice courses. Looking for no more than a 30 minute drive. Let's hear your suggestions and let me know if you can join!!!

The only course I have played in that area was Champions Gate.  I liked it, links style Course, excellent service and experience from start to finish. 

• 5 weeks later...
On June 18, 2017 at 8:07 AM, CarlSpackler said:

I'm almost settled in to the new house @David in FL. I haven't played there @jetsknicks1 but it is right around the corner. Mt Dora Golf Club is too, but it appears to be a goat track. We went to the Christmas thing in Celebration and parked by the golf course. It looked like a nice one @Vinsk.

where the heck HS @Gator Hazard been?

Sounds like you finally got to play Mt Dora CC.....sorry. ;-) 

Glad to hear you're getting out again.  Let's see if we can't all get together for a round one of these days.  Maybe at my club over here.  @Gator Hazard, @Vinsk, @jetsknicks1?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Glad to hear you're getting out again.  Let's see if we can't all get together for a round one of these days.  Maybe at my club over here.  @Gator Hazard, @Vinsk, @jetsknicks1?

Wife was out of town this weekend. Funny how that works out. ;-)

I played CC Mt Dora yesterday. It was OK. I would play there again. Played Mt. Dora Golf Club today. Total POS. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight about hitting from dirt fairways. 

I would definitely be interested in getting together.  

- Shane

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Yeah I'd be up for that! 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just punched the greens this past week.  Give it a week or two and we'll see what we can make work.  Maybe a Sunday, later in the morning?

Preferences?

In David's bag....

9 hours ago, David in FL said:

Just punched the greens this past week.  Give it a week or two and we'll see what we can make work.  Maybe a Sunday, later in the morning?

Preferences?

They actually do that down here?

No preference for me. 

- Shane

24 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

They actually do that down here?

No preference for me. 

3d time this year!  :doh:

In David's bag....

10 hours ago, David in FL said:

3d time this year!  :doh:

I have yet to see any courses do that. I wondered if it was required with soft/sandy soil. 

- Shane

12 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I have yet to see any courses do that. I wondered if it was required with soft/sandy soil. 

They do my home course at least a few times a year. 

• Administrator

Of course they do.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Every course does it and it sucks when you go play and they didn't tell you.

Trollin' is the life

• 1 month later...

27 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

@David in FL , @CarlSpackler and other Florida golfers. Hope you will be safe this weekend. No golf on the agenda?

Thanks buddy!

Club championship was supposed to be this weekend. Now, not so much...

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 2298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!