IGNORED

Orlando, Florida

Note: This thread is 2276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I'd love to go to Florida in February. It can't happen. I'm in tax-season jail at that point.

Soonest I might be able to do anything would be May.

Might just be a reason to do another one in May. That just got me to thinking, we will be on a cruise from 2-5 till 2-12  

@CarlSpackler you wanna play in an ugly shirt gathering in May in Tampa? 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

I would be interested in this if you put together. @colin007 and I were semi serious about an ugly Hawaiian (or tropical) shirt golf outing down this way. Might be wrong but I think there was interest from @Jeremie Boop and @mcanadiensMaybe we should do it. 

My game is so horrible right now I will need the time to get better just to shoot under 110!  Budget season has put a strain on my time and I can barely hit the ball but will do my best to get a few lessons and some practice in before. 

Not THOSE 2 characters. :-P

I think we definitely need to make it happen. 

Just now, Gator Hazard said:

Might just be a reason to do another one in May. That just got me to thinking, we will be on a cruise from 2-5 till 2-12  

@CarlSpackler you wanna play in an ugly shirt gathering in May in Tampa? 

It doesn't take a lot of arm twisting to get me on a golf course. ;-)

- Shane

18 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

I would be interested in this if you put together. @colin007 and I were semi serious about an ugly Hawaiian (or tropical) shirt golf outing down this way. Might be wrong but I think there was interest from @Jeremie Boop and @mcanadiensMaybe we should do it. 

My game is so horrible right now I will need the time to get better just to shoot under 110!  Budget season has put a strain on my time and I can barely hit the ball but will do my best to get a few lessons and some practice in before. 

As much as I'd like to commit to that, I'll be moving soon and not sure the funds will be there for a trip out of town that soon after. I'll keep an eye out and inform you guys if anything changes. It's an easy drive to Florida and maybe I'll be able to convince my fiance that it's a good get away for us :-P. That probably won't work, but she's going to Texas during Christmas to visit her family so it's possible I can leverage that to my advantage.

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

Pfft, we miss you too Shane.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

1 minute ago, Jeremie Boop said:

As much as I'd like to commit to that, I'll be moving soon and not sure the funds will be there for a trip out of town that soon after. I'll keep an eye out and inform you guys if anything changes. It's an easy drive to Florida and maybe I'll be able to convince my fiance that it's a good get away for us :-P. That probably won't work, but she's going to Texas during Christmas to visit her family so it's possible I can leverage that to my advantage.

Wait. Wut? Fiance? Have I been gone that long? :-\

Congrats! :beer:

...but say goodbye to your golf game. :-D

- Shane

Just now, CarlSpackler said:

Wait. Wut? Fiance? Have I been gone that long? :-\

Congrats! :beer:

...but say goodbye to your golf game. :-D

It's the same woman I was with for years, we just reconciled our differences. We've come to an agreement on the whole golf thing too, I get to do 3 or 4 outings a year and I can golf like 3 times a week. I did my negotiations prior to deciding to get back together :-) :beer: 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

So here is what I'm thinking. We can start 1 or 2 other threads for specific outings with a general time of year and location and do like @iacas has done for Erie, PA outings were people tag themselves if they are interested in attending. I'll start one for Orlando in late Feb / early March if you, @Gator Hazard, want to start one for may in the Tampa area. Sound like a plan?

- Shane

56 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I haven't met them yet IRL so I'll trust your judgement and if you say we ditch them at the airport or give them the wrong course I am okay with that!

:-D

54 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I was thinking the last time we were kicking idea around that if we ever do one in Tampa I could probably put some people up at my place if they are crazy enough to want to stay. I have never done a real golf iuting yet but have to imagine with travel and food and beverage plus lodging and fees it has to get expensive fast. 

34 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

So here is what I'm thinking. We can start 1 or 2 other threads for specific outings with a general time of year and location and do like @iacas has done for Erie, PA outings were people tag themselves if they are interested in attending. I'll start one for Orlando in late Feb / early March if you, @Gator Hazard, want to start one for may in the Tampa area. Sound like a plan?

Let's do it!

47 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

It's the same woman I was with for years, we just reconciled our differences. We've come to an agreement on the whole golf thing too, I get to do 3 or 4 outings a year and I can golf like 3 times a week. I did my negotiations prior to deciding to get back together :-) :beer: 

Nice. And Congrats!!

@mcanadiens keep an eye out and will start a thread later for a May gathering. 

23 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

I love the idea of getting together, maybe between the week of Christmas & New Year? If you're struggling to keep in the 100s maybe you and I should ride together lol

my get up and go musta got up and went..

On 11/4/2016 at 11:43 AM, Gator Hazard said:

Yeah, my wife has a great uncle down in Orlando, so it all depends on if she wants to see him. :beer:

Colin P.

3 hours ago, jetsknicks1 said:

I love the idea of getting together, maybe between the week of Christmas & New Year? If you're struggling to keep in the 100s maybe you and I should ride together lol

Sounds good to me. Even better if we slice our long clubs and pull our irons so we are on same side :-D

18 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

Sounds good to me. Even better if we slice our long clubs and pull our irons so we are on same side :-D

Sounds like we'll be playing cart golf all day buddy lol.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Are you still heading this way @jsgolfer

Yes December 26th.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

@carlspackler and @jsgolfer: I'll be in Orlando same time later this month.  Will be staying in Kissimmee 26-29 of december.  Definitely would like to hook up for a round or two during that time.

Carl Spackler has my cell number and I his.  I'll reach out when I get to Orlando.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

9 minutes ago, dave s said:

@carlspackler and @jsgolfer: I'll be in Orlando same time later this month.  Will be staying in Kissimmee 26-29 of december.  Definitely would like to hook up for a round or two during that time.

Carl Spackler has my cell number and I his.  I'll reach out when I get to Orlando.

dave

That was going to be my next post here. Any others interested in joining up. @jetsknicks1 @David in FL @Gator Hazard?

- Shane

13 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

That was going to be my next post here. Any others interested in joining up. @jetsknicks1 @David in FL @Gator Hazard?

I am off that week but will be watching the kiddos and on call for work as other manager is off. Should be slow that week  however. I gotta be honest, my game has not sucked this bad since I started. I went back to work at old company and have been mired in budget season and a merger. However, even if I only caddy I may make it up just to meet some fellow TST members.  Keep me posted. 

On December 2, 2016 at 11:46 AM, CarlSpackler said:

I'm off that week so I can probably make it. I'll shoot you a PM with my cell number Carl.

Note: This thread is 2276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!