IGNORED

TST Fall NW PA/NE OH (Erie, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, etc.) Outing - August 13, 14

iacas
Note: This thread is 2810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks again for organizing and hosting, @iacas and @Rob Thompson. A great time!  Now if we could just get Mother Nature to cooperate fully next year.  :whistle:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I've been struggling for a while to actually make a backswing, and I see I haven't succeeded yet! I used to do so, but somewhere along the line it went away. And I want it back! The video proves it.

Anyway, a terrific outing. Everything turned out for the best with great guys attending. What a handsome bunch, huh?

Great video. I laughed at the "Steve (J/K)" lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

15 hours ago, Big C said:

@GolfLug nice round! It's been awhile since we played, but you look much closer to square at address than I remember. Have you made a conscious effort to stop hooding your clubs as much?

Thank you @Big C! Yes, committed a lot more to not closing face as much, but it is more about managing my wrist in the backswing more (trying to be not so steep going back) and making sure I finish laying off before downswing starts. But certainly my set up is not going to win a beauty pageant anytime soon.. ha ha..

Actually haven't focused on the scores as much this year in favor of making the change. I wasn't expecting too good a round so a nice bonus.

Hope we can catch up next year if opportunity presents! Would love to..

14 hours ago, iacas said:

I believe he said he has. He still has to make more of an effort to manage his wrists and the backswing plane… But he knows this. ;-)

Yes, old habits die hard (but they ARE dying..) and I would say 3 out of 10 shots still very steep (happened to be the 3 that you filmed me on Sunday.. ha ha..). But I am sure you recognized they are more like huge draws more than the straight up nasty duck hooks. I am just happy it is not so overly loopy anymore. Am also using a get out of jail cut shot now. Hit 2 good ones on Sunday.

Thanks for staying on by butt about this. I have a new found respect for how long a SINGLE priority piece can take to actually take root.

Vishal S.

I'd also like to add my thanks to @iacas and @Rob Thompson!  I hope that one of these years you guys get to experience Eagle Creek in dry and firm conditions - they prove that a course that is open to the public and doesn't cost a fortune to play can still be kept in remarkable shape - especially their greens!  In fact, the greens are so good I'm starting to think my awful putting might actually be my own fault. . . :-(  Really enjoyed playing w/ @Jeremie Boop and @saevel25.  Erik's video was fun to watch, but I wish he'd gotten footage of @saevel25's eagle putt dropping in the hole instead of my unsuccessful jab at a closing birdie!  @Jeremie Boop, if you do make your way back up to Eagle Creek I'd be happy to join you if you think you can handle it again - I might even show up early enough to play all 18 this time! ;-)

3 hours ago, macdaddy18 said:

instead of my unsuccessful jab at a closing birdie!

Does it still count as a "closing birdie" if you still have to play the first hole?  ;-)

• Upvote 1

- John

12 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Does it still count as a "closing birdie" if you still have to play the first hole?  ;-)

Hmmm. . .  That's a valid point and that bid ended in failure as well.  Wasn't able to make a birdie all day - if that putt at the end of the video had gone in I would've done this - :banana:  So probably a good thing I didn't make it!  Actually, I think seeing how quick and jabby that stroke was and how quickly I came out of it could really help me going forward, so thanks again, @iacas - always gotta find that silver lining. . .

• Upvote 2

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Note: This thread is 2810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!