IGNORED

"It's a Cookbook!"

Papa Steve 55
Note: This thread is 2818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yea or nay  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know where the line is from?

• Yeah, I get it.
    • What the heck are you talking about?

To Serve Man.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Huh?  :-\

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Wasn't there a marathon during the long weekend? One of my favs is:

Spoiler

Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?

It's been frequently said that the modern day equivalent of The Twilight Zone is Black Mirror. I love Black Mirror, but it beats you over the head with its message compared to TTZ. Black Mirror is a little too much Howard Beale and a lot more depressing. You binge on BM and you want won't want to get out of bed, the TTZ, you just want to see the next episode.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Just wondering who remembers a classic, lets not ruin it for the great unwashed, unless you really want too!

Now I remember.

Funny you say don't ruin it. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you start with an absolute spoiler. 

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I just remembered where that was from. It took me not thinking about to, but just glancing at the title of the thread to have it click for me. Strange how memories work :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

19 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

This one's my favorite episode:

"The Lonely" from season one.

The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 7: The Lonely by thetwilightzoneepisodes

Great episode. That's Jack Warden from All the President's Men. "Remember when you were hungry?" 

The writers for the show were top notch.  The show is basically a master class in writing. 

There are so many great WTF moments in the series. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I like this spoof of it....

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

18 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Now I remember.

Funny you say don't ruin it. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you start with an absolute spoiler. 

Yeah, I was never good at this stuff.

3 hours ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Yeah, I was never good at this stuff.

No worries. Whoever hasn't seen that episode of Twilight Zone will probably not happen to read this post.;-)

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Since I never saw the Twilight Zone episode, the reference for me led directly to the film "Soylent Green".  Same idea. :~(

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Just watched a couple of episodes last night. What set this show apart was writing and acting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 7/9/2016 at 8:11 AM, boogielicious said:

Just watched a couple of episodes last night. What set this show apart was writing and acting.

On 7/6/2016 at 0:10 PM, nevets88 said:

The writers for the show were top notch.  The show is basically a master class in writing. 

Yea, what's even more amazing is that Roger... err, I mean Rod Sterling wrote that episode, "the Lonely," that I posted. Dude was not just a creepy TV show host. 

Constantine

8 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yea, what's even more amazing is that Roger... err, I mean Rod Sterling wrote that episode, "the Lonely," that I posted. Dude was not just a creepy TV show host. 

Just think of how many more great stories he would have written if he wasn't a chain smoker!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I just watched "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" last night. It was eerily relevant in the context of recent events.  

The show's closing quote:

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices – to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill – and suspicion can destroy – and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own – for the children – and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is – that these things cannot be confined – to the Twilight Zone.

Note: This thread is 2818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!