IGNORED

GAME GOLF Tags - how tight?

Note: This thread is 2832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm finally starting to install my GAME Golf -- after realizing it would have been smarter to have done it before today's round, but it's too late for that now.

I started to install the red TAGs a moment ago.  So far, I've screwed it into my 4-Iron ... and now I realize I'm probably going to replace it with a utility metal later in the summer.

How tight should the TAGs be screwed in?  And how easy is it to remove one to put it into another club?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50 minutes ago, Shindig said:

How tight should the TAGs be screwed in?  And how easy is it to remove one to put it into another club?

They should be screwed all he way in. And they're very easy to remove.  If you have Pure Grips, I'd recommend a dab of glue, otherwise they will come loose and even pop out when you blade one.

• Upvote 1

Thanks!  I managed to miss the Pure Grips phenomenon ... but maybe that's something else I should get around to also.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

9 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

They should be screwed all he way in. And they're very easy to remove.  If you have Pure Grips, I'd recommend a dab of glue, otherwise they will come loose and even pop out when you blade one.

Yeah, learned that the hard way. Lost 2 tags in the very first round with GG..

Vishal S.

Just now, GolfLug said:

Yeah, learned that the hard way. Lost 2 tags in the very first round with GG..

I almost lost one on my first hole with GG, lol.  When I got home, I found it in the bottom of my bag.  After that, I glued them and never had a problem ... until NC when I got all new Pures and didn't glue them back in.  Then over the next several rounds I lost about half of my tags.  (Kinda stopped caring after the first few as I wasn't really into my GG much at that point anymore anyway.)

• iacas changed the title to GAME GOLF Tags - how tight?

I've never had an issue with loose tags using flat end grips like the GPND. A few came loose with the round butt end Avon's I was using. All were snug when I unscrewed them this past weekend from the GP's. 

I retired the Game Golf. Used it a year and the answer remains the same, to improve I need to strike the ball better and I don't have time to devote to that so from here I will just play and have fun. Got to the point I wasn't even editing rounds just deleting when the device was full. Time to move on.

Dave :-)

I have an Edel putter with the counter balance weight at the top of the handle.  The game golf tag cannot screw in at all because it hits the counter weight right away.  Other than sawing off the screw part and using glue to glue it on the end, any ideas?  Even then, the end of the putter is oval so it wouldn't be exactly a snug fit between the tag and the end of the putter.  Really hoping someone here has a Macgyver like idea.

Update:  I found this.  https://gamegolf.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1775100-counter-balance-putter-tag-entry

Edited by bills80

Mike

In the bag:
Ping G30 Driver
x hot 3 wood
x hot 3, 4, 5 hybrids
Callaway XR irons
Cleveland RTX 54 and 58 wedges
Edel E-3 Torque balanced putter

Oooh... I didn't think of that.  Is there a chance the tag visual (or marginal weight difference) will affect the Edel?  

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, bills80 said:

Yeah, I cut off enough of the nub that it still went in to the counterweight, and glued it on with silicone. Hasn't budged in years.

And no, @Shindig, the weight is tiny. This isn't an Arccos with their big heavy tags!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

41 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, I cut off enough of the nub that it still went in to the counterweight, and glued it on with silicone. Hasn't budged in years.

And no, @Shindig, the weight is tiny. This isn't an Arccos with their big heavy tags!

Thanks.  I figured I would have heard by now if it made a difference, but I'm glad to hear it just the same.

I tee off in just over three hours for my first round with the game golf.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!