IGNORED

Proposing a So Cal end-of-summer meet up (SEPT 24)

Shindig
Note: This thread is 2720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, spider said:

Shindig it shouldn't matter how many. Go with what you have, enjoy it and let it grow over time. Everyone can't make it, no matter what or when, and that's ok, but to never start because you don't have X number is the wrong way to approach it. 

Ditto...Hell, I have a hard enough time in arranging tee times for 2 people. Last time in Vegas, I had a spot opening for 2 at the Las Vegas Country Club and a friend of mine who lives there, was a no show.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, spider said:

Shindig it shouldn't matter how many. Go with what you have, enjoy it and let it grow over time. Everyone can't make it, no matter what or when, and that's ok, but to never start because you don't have X number is the wrong way to approach it. 

Seriously. Have it with four people. Why not?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, Hacker James said:

@Lihu nearby where?  Southern California covers a lot of ground. I do know what you mean though, I doubt if I would be willing to travel more than say 100 miles unless it were an over- nighter with some planned social activities.

That's somewhat true. . . I mean close to LA/Orange County or even a bit north. . .

San Diego is always welcome, but I just don't have the time to go down there these days. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

13 hours ago, spider said:

Good point.  Let's do this.

13 hours ago, Hacker James said:

Ditto...Hell, I have a hard enough time in arranging tee times for 2 people. Last time in Vegas, I had a spot opening for 2 at the Las Vegas Country Club and a friend of mine who lives there, was a no show.

If you and @spider are still in, plus your guest, we've got a four.  I'll make a tee time tomorrow (Tuesday) as close to 9 as I can get at Tijeras Creek for Saturday.

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Seriously. Have it with four people. Why not?

Because I'm a dummy and thought we needed a higher minimum for some reason.  This is especially silly of me to think that, because...

12 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

We've done it before.  Remember Empire Lakes, @Shindig?

I do remember, and that was a great day.  So it's back on if I didn't scare off @spider and @Hacker James

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Dang!   It was so up in the air, and a lot of the folks were not able to commit, I went ahead and secured a tee time at Marine Memorial as mentioned. No matter, you guys should have a great time.  I will definitely catch the next one, whenever that might be. Sorry guys! Thanks @shindig for putting it together, you did all you could. Like the tee shirt on Forrest Gump said...." It happens".

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

24 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Dang!   It was so up in the air, and a lot of the folks were not able to commit, I went ahead and secured a tee time at Marine Memorial as mentioned. No matter, you guys should have a great time.  I will definitely catch the next one, whenever that might be. Sorry guys! Thanks @shindig for putting it together, you did all you could. Like the tee shirt on Forrest Gump said...." It happens".

BUT....Tell you what...If you can get a tee time in the morning of the 24th prior to 9:45. I will cancel mine at Camp Pendleton, but I have to let them know 48 hrs in advance.  I guess as long as you can get confirmation and let us know before Thursday morning. One good thing, is my daughter lives in San Clemente, which looks to be about the same distance from either course.  I would be driving up from Escondido.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

On 9/18/2016 at 9:54 PM, Shindig said:

I need to take a look back and see what I did wrong so that if I end up trying to organize the next one, I can hopefully be successful. 

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Well the first thing you did wrong was let me pick a date that most people couldn't make :-).

Kidding...sometimes it just works out that way.  No worries.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

10 hours ago, spider said:

i'm in.

Glad to hear it.  Read on...

2 hours ago, Hacker James said:

BUT....Tell you what...If you can get a tee time in the morning of the 24th prior to 9:45. I will cancel mine at Camp Pendleton, but I have to let them know 48 hrs in advance.  I guess as long as you can get confirmation and let us know before Thursday morning. One good thing, is my daughter lives in San Clemente, which looks to be about the same distance from either course.  I would be driving up from Escondido.

Okay, it looks like nothing before 1130 is available at Tijeras Creek.  Would the two of you consider another course in the area?  Navy comes to mind, but may be too far north for @Hacker James.  Spider, I have no idea where you're coming from.  Talega is a nice course in the area, but a bit pricey.  David Baker is in Fountain Valley and I've never played it, but I keep hearing I should.  

Costa Mesa "Country Club" has two courses I used to enjoy but haven't played in years.  Not sure if that's too far north either.  Walkable too.

Shorecliffs in San Clemente I have mixed feelings about, but the location might be convenient.

San Juan Hills in San Juan Capistrano is nice.

Let me know what works for you location-wise and I'll find a place for us to play on Saturday.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

36 minutes ago, bplewis24 said:

Well the first thing you did wrong was let me pick a date that most people couldn't make :-).

Kidding...sometimes it just works out that way.  No worries.

My fault for having no foresight in regards to the kids soccer.  (And also getting roped into coaching two teams)

34 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Glad to hear it.  Read on...

Okay, it looks like nothing before 1130 is available at Tijeras Creek.  Would the two of you consider another course in the area?  Navy comes to mind, but may be too far north for @Hacker James.  Spider, I have no idea where you're coming from.  Talega is a nice course in the area, but a bit pricey.  David Baker is in Fountain Valley and I've never played it, but I keep hearing I should.  

Costa Mesa "Country Club" has two courses I used to enjoy but haven't played in years.  Not sure if that's too far north either.  Walkable too.

Shorecliffs in San Clemente I have mixed feelings about, but the location might be convenient.

San Juan Hills in San Juan Capistrano is nice.

Let me know what works for you location-wise and I'll find a place for us to play on Saturday.

Shorecliffs is awful ... San Clemente muni, OTOH, is pleasant, so you may want to consider that one as well.

San Clemente Muni is fine. San Juan Hills getting a little pricey at $75 for me as I am also paying for guest. I would like to keep my total no more than $100 to be quite honest.  OR  would you guys consider Pendleton?  I am thinking that maybe we could use the tee time I already have at 9:45 if they have not already booked me with another twosome. In any event, will keep checking back here as long as we can get it confirmed prior to 9:45 Thursday morning so I can cancel if need be.  Also, daughter is a beginner, but not bad and definitely not slow. I am not much, if any, better.

oh...just a thought...Arrow Wood?  but a little more South.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

Pendleton is fine.  I've played there once.  Can I still get to the course if I haven't served?  The only time I've been there, I went with a marine.

Spider, depending where you're driving from, would you want to carpool?  I'll be coming from Lake Forest that morning.

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

Pendleton is fine.  I've played there once.  Can I still get to the course if I haven't served?  The only time I've been there, I went with a marine.

Spider, depending where you're driving from, would you want to carpool?  I'll be coming from Lake Forest that morning.

Okay, we are all set. I made arrangements for a foursome at 9:45 a.m. on saturday September 24, As long as you have not been there since February 1, all you need do is present Drivers License and Proof of Insurance at any Gate. Any subsequent visits, you need to go online and fill out a form, but for first timers, you need not do anything. The back gate (East) is closest, but main gate is 0K, but you will have to drive a few miles (Pendlleton is a huge base). Main Gate is off Harbor Drive coming South. Harbor will turn into Vandergrift and is alongside the freeway.

Edited by Hacker James
  • Upvote 1

"James"

Terrific!  I am really looking forward to it and also a good experience for my daughter. She took up golf late in life, but now that her children are older (late teens), she has a bit more freedom. We may have started with eight possibles, but in the end, it is working out just fine. Thank you @Shindig for sticking with it. It's not easy.

"James"

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

Okay, we are all set. I made arrangements for a foursome at 9:45 a.m. on saturday September 24, As long as you have not been there since February 1, all you need do is present Drivers License and Proof of Insurance at any Gate. Any subsequent visits, you need to go online and fill out a form, but for first timers, you need not do anything. The back gate (East) is closest, but main gate is 0K, but you will have to drive a few miles (Pendlleton is a huge base). Main Gate is off Harbor Drive coming South. Harbor will turn into Vandergrift and is alongside the freeway.

Thanks!  No, I haven't been there since February 1... I think I went there last in 2012?

I was typing a thank you to you, @spider, @iacas, and @Golfingdad thanking you all for encouraging this to still go through when I wasn't sure it could.  Then this reply:

1 minute ago, Hacker James said:

. Thank you @Shindig for sticking with it. It's not easy.

Really, I should be thanking you for setting this up.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!