IGNORED

Turn that boombox down/off ... you idiot!

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been known to crank it up at home or in the car. I would never consider it on the golf course.

• Upvote 1

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

One of our regular group is dead against it so we do not play music.

Whilst playing in California with my friend and his friends last year it was quite a normal thing to do.Each cart having their own music playing...not blasting.It didn't bother me.

I played in a scramble for the Vets of Foriegn Wars last weekend and there was a marquee at the 10th tee blasting out music which could be heard all over the course,no complaints from anyone.The margeritas and bloody marys were very nice too.

38 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Why should my group change for a single individual who wants to play with us?  Either play with us, or don't.  I'm good either way.

If I were to want to play with another group, I'd either accept their preference or find another group, but I certainly wouldn't expect them to confirm to my expectations.

A group of 1 or 3 should not matter.   If you are the one who wants to play music loud which will bother others, you should yield.   In this case, being in the majority does not entitle you to a special privilege.   It's the feeling of entitlement like this which makes one do self-centered acts.   You may say it's a free country and if you don't like my music, go play with another group.   What if the course is full and the single has no place to go?   Would you yield in this case?  I think and hope so.   If not, you are being an ass.   

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

A group of 1 or 3 should not matter.   If you are the one who wants to play music loud which will bother others, you should yield.   In this case, being in the majority does not entitle you to a special privilege.   It's the feeling of entitlement like this which makes one do self-centered acts.   You may say it's a free country and if you don't like my music, go play with another group.   What if the course is full and the single has no place to go?   Would you yield in this case?  I think and hope so.   If not, you are being an ass.   

Huh.  Sorry, but that's what's so wrong with so much these days.  The minority thinks that the majority should bow to them.

Play with my group or not. I don't care.  But don't expect that we'll change what we enjoy just to accommodate you.  Neither will I expect your group to accomodate my personal preference.

• Upvote 3

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Huh.  Sorry, but that's what's so wrong with so much these days.  The minority thinks that the majority should bow to them.

Play with my group or not. I don't care.  But don't expect that we'll change what we enjoy just to accommodate you.  Neither will I expect your group to accomodate my personal preference.

Wrong.  Minority has "same" right as the majority.  Just b/c blacks in USA are minority, they should not yield to whites when standing in a movie line.  What you are saying is, I am in the majority (say, white) and that makes me entitled to all kinds of privilege.   I am of course generalizing your argument above in the case of golf & boombox.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Just now, rkim291968 said:

Wrong.  Minority has "same" right as the majority.  Just b/c blacks in USA are minority, they should not yield to whites when standing in a movie line.  What you are saying is, I am in the majority (say, white) and that makes me entitled to all kinds of privilege.   

Well ok.

Now we're done.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Music, as long as it is not too loud, does not bother me one bit.  Sudden noise bothers me more.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

3 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

Wrong.  Minority has "same" right as the majority.  Just b/c blacks in USA are minority, they should not yield to whites when standing in a movie line.  What you are saying is, I am in the majority (say, white) and that makes me entitled to all kinds of privilege.   I am of course generalizing your argument above in the case of golf & boombox.

Stop politicizing the discussion.  3 guys want to listen to music, one guy doesn't.  The one guy either decides to listen to music or find another group to play golf with.  Single guy doesn't dictate to group what they will do.  

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

6 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Stop politicizing the discussion.  3 guys want to listen to music, one guy doesn't.  The one guy either decides to listen to music or find another group to play golf with.  Single guy doesn't dictate to group what they will do.  

The whole thread is about not bringing music to golf course b/c it bothers others.  Loud music does not belong in the course.   Why should one guy has to suffer through the others' music, especially, if it is s*ity?   You don't leave your smart phone on when you are watching movie in a theater, don't you?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

2 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

The whole thread is about not bringing music to golf course b/c it bothers others.  Loud music does not belong in the course.   Why should one guy has to suffer through the others' music, especially, if it is s*ity.   

If the course allows music then they have the right to listen to music.  If the single doesn't like to listen to music or doesn't like their music his choice is to go find another group to play with or put ear plugs in.  

Joe Paradiso

Just now, newtogolf said:

If the course allows music then they have the right to listen to music.  If the single doesn't like to listen to music or doesn't like their music his choice is to go find another group to play with or put ear plugs in.  

Golfer now have to bring earplugs to course?   I don't know if you can really defend your position, or DIF's?   Do you hear music in any of the tour events?  Or, amateur events for that matter?   If you must insist on playing loud music, you do it with fellow golfers' agreement.   If one objects, you don't play music, or you play with others who don't mind.   It's common sense and good manner.

• Upvote 2

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

6 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

Golfer now have to bring earplugs to course?   I don't know if you can really defend your position, or DIF's?   Do you hear music in any of the tour events?  Or, amateur events for that matter?   If you must insist on playing loud music, you do it with fellow golfers' agreement.   If one objects, you don't play music, or you play with others who don't mind.   It's common sense and good manner.

It's about what the course permits, if the course allows music then a single has no standing or ground to dictate to three other paying customers what they can do or listen to.  

I don't like smelling smoke while I golf, do I as a single have the right to tell the other three guys in my foursome (of which I'm the outsider) that they can't smoke cigarettes or cigars while they play golf?  

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

It's about what the course permits, if the course allows music then a single has no standing or ground to dictate to three other paying customers what they can do or listen to.  

I don't like smelling smoke while I golf, do I as a single have the right to tell the other three guys in my foursome (of which I'm the outsider) that they can't smoke cigarettes or cigars while they play golf?  

Yes,you do have the right to tell them.

2 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

Yes,you do have the right to tell them.

And they have the right to ignore me, at least in the US they do.  

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

The course may permit it as long as it does not bother others.   I hardly think that course will side with loud music playing golfer when it comes to that.

As for me, if my group insists on playing loud music, I will politely let them play ahead of me.  But I will remember them as being an ass.  :-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

7 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

The course may permit it as long as it does not bother others.   I hardly think that course will side with loud music playing golfer when it comes to that.

As for me, if my group insists on playing loud music, I will politely let them play ahead of me.  But I will remember them as being an ass.  :-)

It's loud enough so the foursome can hear it not the entire course, stop introducing variables that don't exist to fit your argument.    

You have the right to let them play ahead and think whatever you like of them, just as they will have the right to think whatever they like of you.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

12 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

It's loud enough so the foursome can hear it not the entire course, stop introducing variables that don't exist to fit your argument.    

You have the right to let them play ahead and think whatever you like of them, just as they will have the right to think whatever they like of you.  

I have no idea what your point is to the original thread.   We often ask another golfer to be quiet if he is making noise while we tee off.   We have right to ask them to shut the music off when we tee off.   OTHO, the other group cannot insist on that we play with another group b/c they have to listen to their loud music.   I am assuming listening to loud music is a privilege and not an entitlement.   If you think it is an entitlement, then I have nothing else to discuss this thread with you.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!