IGNORED

Ryder Cup Prediction Contest sponsored by GAME GOLF! Win an autographed Graeme McDowell GG Live, Pebble Steel!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Come on folks! This is a great prize! 

Remember to follow the post rules exactly. Your post has to have all the elements of the example below otherwise it will be invalid.

Team U.S.A. will win 15-13. Jack Nicklaus will win 4.5 points by going 4-0-1 and Arnold Palmer will clinch the Ryder Cup for the U.S.A. by winning his match on the 16th hole.

You can see my GAME GOLF Profile here: https://www.gamegolf.com/player/gmac.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/19/2016 at 10:26 PM, iacas said:
  • Which team will win the Ryder Cup and what will the final score be?
  • Who will earn the most points for the winning team? With what record?
  • Who will clinch the Ryder Cup for the winning team? On what hole?

1. Europe will win 15-13

2. Rory McIlroy will earn the most points, 4, by going 3-0-2.

3. Sergio Garcia will clinch for Europe on the 17th hole.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

• Administrator

The contest is closed for entries.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas locked this topic
  • Administrator
On 9/27/2016 at 6:36 PM, ckeller52 said:

Team U.S.A. will win 17-11. Jordan Speith will win 4.5 points by going 4-0-1 and Jordan Speith will clinch the Ryder Cup for the U.S.A. by winning his match on the 15th hole.

You can see my GAME GOLF Profile here:https://www.gamegolf.com/player/ckeller52

Unless I missed something, this is our winner! It's the only entry with the correct final score.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas unlocked this topic

Congratulations!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

@ckeller52 has 48 hours (IIRC) to claim his prize. He can do so by sending me his mailing address.

On 10/2/2016 at 4:43 PM, iacas said:

Unless I missed something, this is our winner! It's the only entry with the correct final score.

LOL, I won! 
USA USA USA..... :)

On 10/2/2016 at 4:59 PM, Hardspoon said:

Congrats, @ckeller52!

Thanks.

On 10/2/2016 at 5:22 PM, David in FL said:

Congratulations!

Thanks

8 hours ago, ckeller52 said:

LOL, I won! 
USA USA USA..... :)

Thanks.

Thanks

We were worried that you wouldn't contact us in time! Congrats!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

We were worried that you wouldn't contact us in time! Congrats!

Thanks,

I've thought I had email notifications of posts on. Guess not. I'll remedy that today. 

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic

It's all here now. :)

Thanks to the forum admins for doing this. 

The book Lowest Score Wins was autographed by Erik and said;

"May your scores be as good as your Ryder Cup picks." If only. LOL

The Game Golf Live and the Pebble will get a workout this week after I get them set up and figure out how to use them. :) Cant wait. 

Thanks again.

20161031_155552.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

So it's a year later and I thought I'd give a followup on the Game Golf Live and Pebble watch. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 that I run the Game Golf and Pebble apps on. I had a Pebble Time already and used it daily so configuring the Pebble Time Steel was easy. Game Golf Live was equally as easy to setup using the phone app and logging in to the web portal to configure the tags. 

Initially, I had problems with the Game Golf Live getting confused with neighboring golf courses on hole location. Every time out it would confuse my location on one particular hole with that of another hole on the course across the street. I talked to GG about it and they offered suggestions but I eventually solved it by reloading my phone. So, phones fault not GG. 

Played The Carrick at Cameron House in Scottland and failed to save the round correctly (something to do with Brexit, left-hand driving, and haggis) so I emailed GG and they recreated the round from the logs I uploaded. 

The GGL is very easy to use and accurate. It tells me exactly how much I suck at hitting GIR and fairways. But I love all the detail and the ease of use. Just incorporate the tap into your pre-shot routine and off you go. It indicates with a flashing green light for a minute after you tap so if you don't remember if you tapped you can look at the unit and find out. If you change clubs after you tap just tap the new club and edit it out later. I don't miss walking to the next hole trying to remember my shots on the last hole and writing them down. 

Recently in Atlanta at Stonemount the spring for the belt clip came off. I told GG and they sent me the rear cover with the clip on it all on their dime. I promptly replaced it and in doing so by not following instructions in the video and being careful enough I tore the antenna ribbon for the NFC that reads the tags. I contacted GG again and they are sending a replacement unit with a PP return envelope for the one I broke. Again all on their dime. Talk about great customer service. 

The only issue I've not figured out yet and frankly I haven't tried hard to correct it is the yardage on the watch app works for a hole or two then freezes. I then advance the watch to the next hole and back on the watch and I get the correct yardage. So I keep using this workaround rather than trying to fix it. It might just be an Android thing and it works fine on IOS, I don't know. 

The Pebble Time is beautiful, too bad they were bought by Fit Bit and put to rest. The software is still supported but I'll never get another Pebble watch because they just don't make them. 

The book and ball markers still work great but haven't gotten me below 85 yet. I'm sure that will happen next year though. :)

So thumbs up for all three Game Golf Live, Pebble and The Sand Trap. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, ckeller52 said:

So thumbs up for all three Game Golf Live, Pebble and The Sand Trap. 

Thanks for the update. Hope you're able to stick around, post some more, etc. Start a Member Swing, in fact… that'd be a good way to get under 85.

Note: This thread is 2323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!