IGNORED

Tittle X - Affordable Golf Simulator/Trainer

iacas
Note: This thread is 1191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Thanks for the update.

You have to switch the Tittle from club to club though, yeah? I mean, with the fake club thing, you just pretend you're swinging a 4-iron or a 9-iron or whatever. Right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Thanks for the update.

You have to switch the Tittle from club to club though, yeah? I mean, with the fake club thing, you just pretend you're swinging a 4-iron or a 9-iron or whatever. Right?

I think if you're using the swing stick (or one cradle on a single iron) you need to tell the software what club it's supposed to be before each swing. With the 14 cradle pack, I believe the cradles ID the club so you don't need to input anything. You will however, need to swap the tittle from cradle to cradle as you still only have one sensor unit.  

I think this will be fun. If it's accurate enough, I may invest in some extra stuff to make it really cool, maybe a cheap projector and home made impact screen that I can hit Almost Golf Balls at. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

I think this will be fun. If it's accurate enough, I may invest in some extra stuff to make it really cool, maybe a cheap projector and home made impact screen that I can hit Almost Golf Balls at. 

I was thinking just a golf net to hit into and a TV on a wall right in front of me.  You only need to hit foam balls.  

The cheap projecter and home impact screen... I don't think you'd like the results.  I looked into a home projector and a screen and I was at about $8K before I liked the results and that required a dark room to be decent.  I stepped out of the home projector showroom to where the TVs were and the contrast between the two was dramatic, the picture quality on the TVs blew away the $10K home projector set up.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

I was thinking just a golf net to hit into and a TV on a wall right in front of me.  You only need to hit foam balls.  

The cheap projecter and home impact screen... I don't think you'd like the results.  I looked into a home projector and a screen and I was at about $8K before I liked the results and that required a dark room to be decent.  I stepped out of the home projector showroom to where the TVs were and the contrast between the two was dramatic, the picture quality on the TVs blew away the $10K home projector set up.

Thanks. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
5 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

I don't know about that. You must have some really high standards… I bet I could build a system for @Ernest Jones for $2k that would thrill him.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think simulators is where the next huge equipment improvement will be. This is really interesting. The only negative is that doesn't seem like it has a way to measure the quality of your contact. I'm wondering if it does and how it does it. There's probably lots of ways to correct for that, though. For example, you could find out your average smash factor at a trackman or something and then input that into the software. Or you could do it after your hit with a rough estimate you make of the quality of contact.

Also, it's not clear if you can use the app on your phone to simulate, if you need a full computer. Anyone know? I don't have a set up where I could have a computer close by while hitting into the net. But if I could just see it on my phone, that would be perfect.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

The swing stick is very attractive, but sounds too good to be true. First, I'm hoping it wouldn't alter my swing too badly. Second, how could it possibly decipher ball-flight results from swinging a weighted 29 inch stick through the air?

Regardless, the price is also very attractive, and the swing stick would be very beneficial for me. Living in Iowa, it's pretty much impossible to golf from now until about March, and I've been looking for ways to practice. My apartment ceilings are too low to swing an actual club. This product is affordable and compact enough to where you could use it in your bedroom. Going to back & purchase

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dakota Atkinson said:

Second, how could it possibly decipher ball-flight results from swinging a weighted 29 inch stick through the air?

Ostensibly, it measures where the face would be, and the path relative to that. And clubhead speed, etc.

It looks like they well exceeded their initial backing goal. Looking forward to seeing live results on this as I would love to practice in my spare bedroom when the weather is in the 20's here.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received theirs and can give a quick review?

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
On 12/20/2016 at 7:03 PM, phillyk said:

Has anyone received theirs and can give a quick review?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1601126475/tittle-x-the-worlds-first-ultra-affordable-golf-si/posts/1759212

We confirm that the Tittle X device design is finalized and ready for production, and the e6 integration test has been successfully completed by us and our partner TruGolf. However, we have some challenges to overcome that will delay our shipment to early 2017. 

We didn't anticipate having to produce and ship this quantity of products. When we counted the pledges and the amount of person-hours we have to fulfill the rewards, the numbers just didn't add up. The overwhelming demand for Tittle X has caused us to look for a production facility and methodology as well as a logistics system that allow for a higher capacity.  We have now contracted appropriate and capable partners that we will be able to meet the adjusted shipping timeframe.

So there's that.

They're supposed to send one my way when it's done.

^^^what Erik said. 

I'm hoping to get mine in February, they say January, but I'm trying to manage my expectations. I'm pretty darn excited. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Looks like these should be shipping soon?

Getting pretty excited. Hopefully it comes new this month. 

Who else has one on the way besides @iacas and myself?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Like I said above, I'm really interested in seeing how this works. Please keep this thread updated with your impressions once it arrives!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 2017-02-06 at 4:40 PM, Slowcelica said:

I have one coming too. Does this have online play?

Not to my knowledge. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 1191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!