IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

32 minutes ago, Hatchman said:

Struct the ball terrible.  Must be working.

23 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Exactly! Congrats!

Love it :-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 min alt Sklz trainer and driver. Work on inside to out, does not matter strength of swing.

add alt Sklz and 7 iron. Work on inside out path and add thump on mat to get feel of striking ball

tomorrow get to play 18. Very excited to see how swing is progressing

• Upvote 1

12/22 - 20 mins of chipping with putting motion; focused on speed.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Fundamental Day---- Grip, Stance, and alignment. Doing the line drill out back until i can get away to the range. Slow easy swings focusing on my clubface at impact zone. Playing with my stance a little narrower and seeing results already. I dont feel as powerful but i am alot more consistent . I will take that for now !

16 hours ago, Mico said:

20 min alt Sklz trainer and driver. Work on inside to out, does not matter strength of swing.

add alt Sklz and 7 iron. Work on inside out path and add thump on mat to get feel of striking ball

tomorrow get to play 18. Very excited to see how swing is progressing

@Mico Hope you had a great round bud and saw some results from your practice !!!

Edited by Strat-Pack Rick

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

DayDay 21; did some more swings with my Kallassy club. About 30 minutes worth in between other outdoor chores. Again, this is just a maintenance club exercise to keep my body in golf swing shape. 

Day 22; really wet with rain, and chilly out today. Going to stay in doors the rest of the day,  and read some golf books by Jack Nicklus, and Earnest Jones. Already did about 15 minutes with my Kallassy Club earlier during a dry spell. Just keeping my body swing parts limber. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

12/22: Driving range. Car temp gage said 50F- I'll take it. No video. Just did about 10 minutes of fundamentals review of my piece (backswing- A4 position, flat wrist, deep hands). Then a few warmup slow swings. 

Then I let loose and did something I haven't done in months. Full swings for about 25 balls. Trying to regain a swing feel and finding the ball with the fundamentals that I've (hopefully) changed over the past couple months. Results were VERY encouraging. Maybe I'll update my swing thread soon on how the new feels went.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2 hours ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

Played 18 on a Thursday. Gonna repeat that cause it doesn't happen very often. Played 18 on a Thursday!
now I  didn't play particularly well. Bogey golf for 90. My inside out swing appears to be holding out for Christmas Eve or perhaps the New Year to make an experience. I was so frustrated that after the round, I bought two buckets of balls and started the gate drill with a PW until I could repeat the inside out swing and then moved to a 7 iron. Not as consistent as PW but still good enough for me to move hybrid 4. That started to go all over the place. Finally decided to see how the driver would. Went 2 for 10 swings with two going inside out

Nice to see folks still going strong here. I've fallen off the posting bandwagon but am still practicing daily. Even during a recent trip out of town to see the in-laws, still got mirror work in each day.

Just wanted to stop in and offer my encouragement to all you practice warriors out there. I've been following the 5S's and practicing daily for about 6 months now and the difference is clear. Noticeable and lasting improvement in my swing, game, and attitude. There's still a lot I know I need to work out and tons of questions/thoughts rattling around in my head, but finding this site and committing to the recommended practice regiment is the best thing I've ever done for my golf game.

• Upvote 1

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Got in 5 min with Sklz trainer working on inside out swing before visitors arrive. Feel my bones cracking with the initial warm up swings, getting older

12/23 - 10 ft putts working on bead and speed x 10 mins

-Jonny

12/23: backswing. A2 check. A3 hands even with middle of feet. A4 wrist flat, deep hands, elbow not retracted, club direction where I've been shown to have it, full shoulder turn. 15 minutes at a few 5min intervals today.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Day 22; really wet with rain, and chilly out today. Going to stay in doors the rest of the day,  and read some golf books by Jack Nicklus, and Earnest Jones. Already did about 15 minutes with my Kallassy Club earlier during a dry spell. Just keeping my body swing parts limber. 

Day 23; more Kallassy swing sequences. Probably 15 minutes worth. Still pretty damp and cold out,  which does not collide well with this bronchitis I am getting over. Just keeping in swing shape, focusing on my in to out swing path. 

Day 23; more Kallassy swing sequences. Probably 15 minutes worth. Still pretty damp and cold out,  which does not collide well with this bronchitis I am getting over. Just keeping in swing shape, focusing on my in to out swing path. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Played a terrible round today !! Hit the range and worked on my grip and longer irons until I had a ball flight I could work with. Gonna play better tomorrow

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

On 20/12/2016 at 6:47 PM, Strat-Pack Rick said:

Just spent about 20 mins doing the line drill in the sand. I cant believe how difficult it is to make 5 perfect swings in row !! Its tough for me anyway. Getting better though, I couldnt do 3 in a row just a short time ago. Have any of you tried this drill. Weight transfer and a forward swing bottom is the goal. You know instantly if you missed.

@Mico My practicing in the bathroom days are over, haha. A round of golf is considered practice im sure bud. 5-mins wont be too much trouble bud, you're almost there. Hit Em Good this week !!!

You made it out of the John. Impressive. Something for me to strive!

Note: This thread is 2827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!