IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Day 25; went to the short game practice area. I recieved 4 dozen of those Kirkland balls, and  loaded 14 of them into my shag stick. Spent about an hour on putting, chips, and pitches. Going to work on getting familiar to these new balls. Not much difference from my normal gamers as far I can tell. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 26; Played 18 with our park supt. Shot an 80 in 40*f +/-  clear weather. Due to clothing, my full swings were of the abbreviated style. Used one of those Kirkland balls the entire 18. It's a decent ball. Focus today was on my short game, since I kept everything in play on my full swings. 30 putts, with two chip ins. The lady I played with shot a 78. She's a pretty decent golfer. Both times we have played, she has broken 80. We played from the 6500 yards tees. 

In My Bag:

Visitors are gone!

20 min Alt. Sklz swing trainer and driver. With Sklz, I feel the turn more and even have to use lower body on swing that seems to be  on plane from inside compared to driver where rotation is much more difficult to feel and/or achieve and swing from inside feels more dubious. Used 7 iron for final segment of swing session. Invented 10 thump rule--must do 10 thumps on mat for each sequence before advancing to next one, starting with small arm swing, then to "y" and finally to wrist hinge. Swing feels more real, not sure that is the case.

gonna play Thursday because doubtful that I will get out on Sunday, New Year's Day 

12/26: full swings in foyer concentrating on good backswing and transition. Mainly to speed up the slow mo work from last several days.  Range tmw w video

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12/27 - kettle bells swings for balanced weight shift with focus on steady head

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Range day. Hour with video, focusing on backswing, flat left wrist. Bit of regression, so it's back to slow motion swings and exaggerations, I suppose. Perhaps need a fresh look by instructor on what else to try. Progress seems to have hit a wall.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12/27 - Filmed my swing indoors for upload to Evolvr. Lighting wasn't great. I may try again this weekend outdoors if it is not bone-chilling cold.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Went to the range early and then played 36 (both courses )  Awesome day !!!   Back to work tomorrow , dang it !!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Played 18 holes this morning. Cool weather is keeping the regular crowd away. Shot an 82 for my effort. Focus was to keep my full swing shots in play. Lost one ball to leaves. Just a consistant round for me. The other guy is buying lunch as I type this....lol

In My Bag:

20 min Alternate Sklz with 7 iron, where I did my 10 thumps per sequence--small swing...thump, thump, thump..."y" swing...thump, thump...then wrist hinge...thump, thump...Back to Sklz swings and another set of iron thumping before going to driver. Working on inside out swing with light ground brush. Feels good, god only knows if the swing path is!

will find out on ThursdaY when I go to range and play 18--last round of the year!

30 minute range work for more flexibility.  Still tight shoulder girdle but loosing, I think.  Then played 18.

Edited by Hatchman

working on short game around the greens. Ive been struggling with short pitches and chips. If I can shorten my 1st putts 80 will fall. Opening my wedges up and working on good ball first clean contact. I guess im changing the brakes on my game, haha.

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

12/28 - chipping with putter stroke x 20 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

12/28: exclusively flat left wrist. Gotta get this ingrained. Slow and mid speed backswing in foyer with mirrror. Tmw I'll set up video I think to review faster speeds

My Swing

Note: This thread is 2677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!