IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

12/5: Working on the same thing as yesterday, plus a little putting work finding the sweet spot (an over-neglected aspect of putting):

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12/5 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on transition again. It snowed today, so Friday's round may have been the last outdoor round this year. :cry:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5; a little combo chipping, pitching, and putting practice for me today. 

The idea was to chip and/or pitch the ball to my one putt range. At 4-5 feet I usually make those putts more so than not. Especially the straight ones :-P To get to this one putt range required a good green read, a correct club selection, a correct address position,  a decent stroke, and hitting my chosen land area. Of the 70 balls I hit, 8 of them did require me to putt. 

Since it was early, I had the chipping/pitching green to myself. This green has 6 mini pins on it, which meant I had quite a few different reads, and landing areas to deal with. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

12/5: Mirror work A3 to A4. Assignment from instructor re: stopping backswing when hips/shoulders stop. Cognizant of depth of hands, flat left wrist. No standing up and flattening shoulders. 10 minutes.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12/06 - chipping w/putting method x 20 mins with focus on making solid/clean contact

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

12/06: 20 minutes, including reviewing past lessons. Worked on A3 to A4 (major piece from last lesson), and slow move to A6 (reviewed past notes on body alignments at A6). 20 minutes total. At the top, reviewed hand depth and wrist position. Then slow to A6, where shoulders mostly flat and pointing down target line, hips open a bit.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12/6 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on transition again. Filmed a bit too.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

12/6: More work on my elbow/shoulder/forearm. Then filmed my disc golf throws for my DG lessons. :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5; a little combo chipping, pitching, and putting practice for me today. 

The idea was to chip and/or pitch the ball to my one putt range. At 4-5 feet I usually make those putts more so than not. Especially the straight ones :-P To get to this one putt range required a good green read, a correct club selection, a correct address position,  a decent stroke, and hitting my chosen land area. Of the 70 balls I hit, 8 of them did require me to putt. 

Since it was early, I had the chipping/pitching green to myself. This green has 6 mini pins on it, which meant I had quite a few different reads, and landing areas to deal with. 

In My Bag:

Guess I did not hit the submit button properly for day 5 yesterday. My post was waiting for me. Oh well. :~(

Day 6. We played 18 holes to day. Nothing real good, and nothing real bad. Shot an 84 which was 4 strokes above my scoring goal. 2 strokes out of my comfort zone. Lost a drive left, and by the time I was done with that par 4 hole I am writing down a snow man 8. Pretty sure I lost my balance during my driver swing on that one by swinging too hard. Have not had an 8 in a long , long time. 

In My Bag:

Late day at work today. No net today. Im doing mirror work (right elbow) and take away stuff --head still. Putting on my birdie ball putting green. Too fun !!  Dang im tired today , I got this !!!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

12/7-Mirror work at the gym. Focused on impact position including up to A8. All slower swings stopping at A8.

Scott

My Swing Thread

12/7: Range for about an hour. Worked on applying my "new" backswing that I've been working on. Always tricky to move from mirror work to real swings for me. From reviews of video at the range, I think I did better keeping left shoulder down, but wrist was cupping, and I was getting steep.

My Swing

• Administrator

12/7: spent about 30 minutes looking at some video and doing some mirror work.

Note: This thread is 2644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!