IGNORED

Hello from Worcester Massachusetts

Radnish
Note: This thread is 2690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

I recently moved from NYC to Worcester in 2015 October (originally from Bombay). I am a physician in a small community hospital and golf was the topic of interest shared by most of my colleagues and friends. So I adopted the sport in april 2016 and completely fell in love with it, mainly as a stress buster. I started off with a horrendous 130 in May. Watched a million YouTube videos in the next 4 months, driving range and course once a week, and finally Shot a 91, two weeks ago :) 

I have been following this forum since a while now and it has been nothing but helpful. So thank you everyone, keep up the good work. Today is my first formal lesson on an indoor simulator. Wish me luck :)

Cheers.

You may have, inadvertently, coined a new phrase.  I'm going to start referring to indoor simulators as "Bomb-bays".  Good luck to you.

• Upvote 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Piz said:

You may have, inadvertently, coined a new phrase.  I'm going to start referring to indoor simulators as "Bomb-bays".  Good luck to you.

Hahaha yeah fits the criteria 

In honor of your excellent progress thus far.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

55 minutes ago, Radnish said:

Nice!! Are you from the area?

Not really.  Born in Wisconsin, we moved to Weston, MA in 1962.  The family was there until around 1986.  I moved to Michigan in 1976.  Get ready for some really big snows.  It doesn't happen every year but MA will be hammered now and again by 2-3 feet of snow.  NYC is a tropical paradise compared to MA.

Brian Kuehn

47 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Not really.  Born in Wisconsin, we moved to Weston, MA in 1962.  The family was there until around 1986.  I moved to Michigan in 1976.  Get ready for some really big snows.  It doesn't happen every year but MA will be hammered now and again by 2-3 feet of snow.  NYC is a tropical paradise compared to MA.

Yup NYC isn't as brutal as MA. We got a couple of inches last night. I'm presuming it was similar in Michigan. No more golf for 4-5 months unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

Welcome! I'm actually from just outside Worcester, currently living in Connecticut. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I lived in Worcester, "wistah" locally, for fifteen years, off Rt 9 halfway up Belmont hill. Loved it, except for the length of the winters. Worcester gets hit by some mighty snowstorms compared to Boston, so keep plenty of snacks on hand during the winter. In '91, we were stuck indoors for a week. 32" in 24 hours. Whew.

It's a great area of the country. Hello, fellow Patriot fans!

Wayne

2 hours ago, jamo said:

Welcome! I'm actually from just outside Worcester, currently living in Connecticut. 

That's great. I played at a course in Putnam CT national which is just outside Worcester. Well maintained. 

1 hour ago, Blackjack Don said:

I lived in Worcester, "wistah" locally, for fifteen years, off Rt 9 halfway up Belmont hill. Loved it, except for the length of the winters. Worcester gets hit by some mighty snowstorms compared to Boston, so keep plenty of snacks on hand during the winter. In '91, we were stuck indoors for a week. 32" in 24 hours. Whew.

It's a great area of the country. Hello, fellow Patriot fans!

Omg!! 32 inches in a day?? That's insane. Hope it doesn't get to that state this winter. U never know :/

20 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Wooster!  Not too far from my old stomping ground in MA.

Pronounced, "Woostah!"

18 hours ago, Radnish said:

Nice!! Are you from the area?

Welcome. I went to college in Worcester, WPI. There are some nice courses in the area. Have fun!

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Pronounced, "Woostah!"

I am glad someone got it right!  Some can really butcher it, both the real word and the way it sounds. :beer:

Welcome Radnish, I am in Central Mass as well.  The winter may be long and cruel but the spring, summer and fall is great for golf.  Keep at the Bomb Bay and you will be ready come spring to tear it up.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Just now, Vinny Cap said:

I am glad someone got it right!  Some can really butcher it, both the real word and the way it sounds. :beer:

Welcome Radnish, I am in Central Mass as well.  The winter may be long and cruel but the spring, summer and fall is great for golf.  Keep at the Bomb Bay and you will be ready come spring to tear it up.

Have them try Leicester! :-P

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Have them try Leicester! :-P

Oh yea, that's another good one.  We can have fun with this!  Tons of funny towns up here.

How bout Chappaquiddick!

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

1 hour ago, Vinny Cap said:

Oh yea, that's another good one.  We can have fun with this!  Tons of funny towns up here.

How bout Chappaquiddick!

I like shadupaumouf... ?

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!