IGNORED

How Do You Arrange Clubs in your Bag?

roverT7
Note: This thread is 1108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Club Arrangement  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do you organize your bag?

• Put the clubs whereever
    • Put clubs in any open divider
    • Always group certain clubs together
    • Every club has one right location. Just one!

Usually I plop my woods in the back dividers, long irons (3,4,5,6) in the 2nd row left divider, short irons (7,8,9) in the right 2nd row, and wedges and putter in the front.

In my bag:

Burner 460 9.5* Stiff
1, 2, 3 Hibore Hybird (Regular Steel)
Big Bertha 4-PW Regular TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Shafts 54* and 60* CG12 Wedges Piper Putter Tour i Balls Stand BagMy Home Course: Oak Brook Golf ClubMy Stats for This Season

My bag has 1 big slot on the top
2 rows of 3 slot dividers
and 1 big slot on the bottom

My bag is setup like this.

Driver and 3 wood
5 Wood, 3 Hybrid, 4 Hybrid
5i-6i, 7i-8i, 9i-pw
52w-60w-putter

Sometimes I switch out my 5 wood for a 56w

I have a ping bag with 15 individual slots... Clubs go back to their slot every time, no questions asked...

Now why did ping make that bag with 15 slots, don't they know if drives me insane having that one empty slot???

:)

I like to group mine in certain order. I am a nut about ensuring i have not left a club on the green. I lost a nice Vokey wedge and never to be seen again once. I also use headcovers to help keep inventory on my irons.

Taylormade R7
Taylormade R580 3,5,7 wood
Callaway X-18 irons
Cleveland 588 SW
Odyssey #1 XG Putter

I start the round with all the clubs in a specific order. After a shot the club go back in the same hole. May be not in the same order but in the same slot.

I have a cart bag.

driver: big bertha
woods: FT 3-5-7-9
Hybrid: heavenwood 26°Irons: X-20 6-PWwedges: X-tour 54-58°putter: redwood

I picked up one of the Bag Boy Revolver bags last year and now every club has its one spot.

Driver TM Superquad 9.5 w/ V2 stiff
3 Wood Callaway Fusion 13 deg w/ DVS stiff
Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 deg. w/ VS Proto Hybrid 95 stiff
Irons Titleist 735CM 4-PW - Cleveland wedges 52,56,60 deg.
Putter PING CRAZ-E G2i

• 1 year later...
Hello, this is my first post.

I recently bought my Callaway X22 Stand Bag and i would like to know the best way to organize my clubs.
I have 1, 3, 5 wood, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 irons, PW, SW and Putter.

How can i organize my clubs in my bag for the best way? The bag have 7way full lenght divider.

Best Regards,

Ricardo
(Azores, Portugal)

I'm glad to see that I am not the only truely anal OCD golfer out there. I recently purchased a Bagbay Revolver Pro bag to help with this. It has 14 individual tubes on a rotating top. as well as a well for a ball retriever/umbrella in back, and a separate putter and wedge well in front. I use the front wells when in play, and each club is returned to its own hole after each play. They are arranged with the putter in the front center hole, the 52* and 58* to the two holes immediately to the right of the putter. The PW is immeditely to the left and they continue numerically in order through the 2h., which fills all of the outer tubes the two holes in the center are reserved for the 3w and driver. This new set-up is perfect for the OC type not only because of the individual tubes for each club, but it also has clips in each tube to hole the clubs in place (a very nice feature) so they don't bang and clank against each other. Of course there is the removeable cooler on the bottom of the bag behind the ball pouch. It will easily hold a 6 pack of my favorite beverage with ice, and slides right into and course with a "no personal cooler" policy. This feature is also very nice when walking with a push cart.
Balls are stored in the ball pocket, gloves in the one at top front, tees and markers directly behind that pocket. Rain cover is in the left side pocket. I guess thats it.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

My clubs are in descending order from the top left down. Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, hybrid, 3i, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, SW, Putter

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

my clubs are in groups

Driver - 3w together
3hybird - 4 hybrid together
5i,6i together
7i, 8i together
9i, pw together
aw, sw, lw together
putter is all alone

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Where's my putter? Where's my wedge?

What the heck, did I leave the eight back there? Oh, it's under the 5 wood.

I left my seven in your bag last week? Sorry. Thanks for holding it!

I really don't care where the clubs are.. as long as I have not forgotten one on the edge of a green . A friend has a place for every club. One time he grabbed what he thought was a 9 Iron on a short 3 par and ended up hitting a 4 iron like a scolded dong over the green. The ball hit a tree and bounded back on the green. He had no idea that the club he hit was not a 9 iron until he looked down at the number. When asked.. he just said... I grabbed the club where the 9 is supposed to be and hit it. I laughed so hard I cried. I still have no idea how he did not notice the lack of loft on the club.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

every club has it's spot
driver, putter alone
4w & the 52 wedge share a spot
4, 5, 6 together
7,8,9 together
PW, and 56 together

and always cleaned after every round.....yep, I have ADD AND OCD!! hahaha!!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

If I am really playing and our group is playing competitive and fast then I jam it in where ever... If I am in a slow group then I will put it in its place.

Everything goes it is slot after the round, practice session, or cleaning.

R7 CGB Max Driver 10.5*
Big Bertha Diablo FW 18*
Burner Plus Irons 4-PW, SW
X Tour Forged 50*
60* VP109 Putter

i set my clubs like this...
ooo mystorius haha

top left - driver
top right - fwy and hybrid
mid left - 3, 4 and 5 irons
mid right - 6, 7 and 8 irons
bottom left - 9 and pw
bottom right - 56, 60 and putter

In my Golf Bag...
Driver: Taylormade Burner 07 10.5 Degree w/ V2 76g Stiff
F/way Wood: : Bridgestone J33 15 Degree w/ Aldila NV 85g Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 19 Degree w/ V2 89g Stiff
Irons: Tourstage X-blade 05 3-Pw w/ True Temper Black Gold StiffWedges: Titleist Oil Can Vokey 09 55 and 60...

My clubs are always in order.

putter
driver -- 3 wood -- 5 wood
3 iron, 4 iron -- 5 iron, 6 iron -- 7 iron, 8 iron
9 iron, pitching wedge, sand wedge, lob wedge

For expedience, the last four get a bit out of order sometimes during a round. But as soon as possible, they get put right back in order. I wish I had a divider on that bottom section. It would help with the organization.

My beloved Pinke Gin:

G15 woods (1, 3, 5, R flex, Nike VR grips)
VR split cavity (3-PW, DG S300)
VR wedges (54-12, 60-6, DG S400) White Hot Tour #1 putter e6 golf balls

Note: This thread is 1108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!