IGNORED

Winter Happiness Thread

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

How about this?

IMG_4916.PNG

We are "real winter folks", but we happen to love winter. ;-)

I'll give you that winter is the "on" season in FL as summer is often too hot and humid to play. . . ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I'll give you that winter is the "on" season in FL as summer is often too hot and humid to play. . . ;-)

Not for me. I just ride and find a shady spot to park. ;-) It is very nice this time of year though. 

- Shane

24 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

In Michigan, it's never been too hot to play.   

I've been up there a few times when it's been very hot and humid. Granted it was probably one of 5 summer days like that up there. Likewise, there is a handful of days here were it is too chilly to play. I only say that because I felt that mid 50s last Sunday was a bit brisk for my liking.

- Shane

There are other forums that have this type of thread (winter complaints). I myself am in an area where I can play pretty much year around, but we got a foot of snow last week so I can empathize with them. In these threads most of the guys are in cold ywinter like states and some of the guys who are not and live in sunny states year round like to rub it in. it is all in good fun and those in the winter states give it right back at them. It is all done without malice just good natured ribbing. 

Edited by shanksalot
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, shanksalot said:

There are other forums that have this type of thread (winter complaints). I myself am in an area where I can play pretty much year around, but we got a foot of snow last week so I can empathize with them. In these threads most of the guys are in cold ywinter like states and some of the guys who are not and live in sunny states year round like to rub it in. it is all in good fun and those in the winter states give it right back at them. It is all done without malice just good natured ribbing. 

Yes. I certainly hope that nobody is taking great offense to this thread. :beer:

- Shane

Happiness is warm guuuunnnnn, Oh, that's an oldie Beatles song,

but

Happiness is a warm day in St. Looouu...  70ish.
Happiness is making 2 sand saveeees today
Happiness is making 3 birdieeeeesss today

That friggin song was in my brain all day

Happiness is golfiiiiinnnngggg ........ :whistle:  in the Winnnttteerrr ...

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I was telling my daughter and nephew about the "winter depression" thread this afternoon...on the golf course. :)

76* today and sunny...windy as hell but like I told them, you could be snowed-in in Colorado until late Spring so learn to play the winds. Looks like rain is coming this weekend so I surprised them with 9-holes at the local par-3 after school today.

• Upvote 1

:ping:   Ping G30 - Driver       

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52*, 56*, 60*

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter

Good thread CarlSpackler!  Making fun of us cold weather folks is mean!  ;-)

We will get you back come summer when it is 99* out and you guys are dying inside with the AC on full blast!

I use to be a snowbird but didn't play when I lived down there for the winter.  Wish I did.

You know you can get a heater and a cart cover for those days in the mid 50's.... BRRRRR! :whistle:

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

59 minutes ago, Vinny Cap said:

Good thread CarlSpackler!  Making fun of us cold weather folks is mean!  ;-)

We will get you back come summer when it is 99* out and you guys are dying inside with the AC on full blast!

I use to be a snowbird but didn't play when I lived down there for the winter.  Wish I did.

You know you can get a heater and a cart cover for those days in the mid 50's.... BRRRRR! :whistle:

Lol. Yes. It was mid-50s here and breezy last Sunday. Even though the sun was out, I opted to wait for a warmer day to play. Being a snowbird would be awesome. It actually looks like I will be keeping my house in Ohio. The market is horrible, and my daughter had roommate issues, so we moved her back into our house. My son might be moving back there to finish his senior year with his friends. My daughter applied for a summer internship with SeaWorld down here, so this could be interesting. My job is here, so this is where I will be staying. It's a good thing that I don't mind 99 degree weather. :-)

- Shane

1 hour ago, Vinny Cap said:

You know you can get a heater and a cart cover for those days in the mid 50's.... BRRRRR!

I'm sure you could get a cart cover and an air conditioner for the 99º days!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

I just use one of those spray bottles with a fan. :-P

- Shane

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Lol. Yes. It was mid-50s here and breezy last Sunday. Even though the sun was out, I opted to wait for a warmer day to play. Being a snowbird would be awesome. It actually looks like I will be keeping my house in Ohio. The market is horrible, and my daughter had roommate issues, so we moved her back into our house. My son might be moving back there to finish his senior year with his friends. My daughter applied for a summer internship with SeaWorld down here, so this could be interesting. My job is here, so this is where I will be staying. It's a good thing that I don't mind 99 degree weather. :-)

Don't forget about the 100% humidity. . .

I can handle 120 degree palm springs weather in the summer, but not FL weather.

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Not sure even that would help.

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I just use one of those spray bottles with a fan. :-P

Nothing short of walking around with a giant block of ice tied to my head would be enough. . .

I spent a week in July years ago near Orlando and opted to walk to the convention center from my hotel. I nearly passed out from the heat and humidity and stopped off in a fish and chips place to drink something and cool down with the AC less than a quarter mile from my hotel room. :unsure:

Last summer, I was near St. Petersburg, and I swear it was worse than Dongguan China!

As proof, I went out with a bunch of people from St. Pete when we were all in China during the same summer and I was nearly dying from heat exhaustion and they were "comfortable". The native population were also miserably hot to boot. . . :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I played yesterday in a 1 club, south wind, @ 64*F. That's pretty much my winter golf weather. 

We will have some colder weather off an on for the next 6+/- weeks. About mid March the weather will level off on the nicer side. 

About the end of May we might see our first triple digit days. From there to late August we will be golfing in high triple digits. 112*F - 120*F will be normal. It might cool off at night to around a 100*F during some of those days. 

At some point during the hot summer we will take a road trip to cooler country. Sight seeing and golf will keep my wife and I entertained. 

About mid August is when a bunch of us head to the Furnace Creek golf course, and really make fools of ourselves golfing in hot weather. 120 +s will be the norm. Probably a few sunburns will show up. 

The monsoon (higher humidity) season will show up in July some time. This is the time of year we get our thunderstorms with heavy rains, that might cause flash flooding in the area. Thunder boomies keep me off the golf course. 

You folks who are managing the severe cold weather with snow and ice, I tip my cap to you. I wouldn't know how to act in that kind of weather. :hmm:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

All I have to say about the heat is sunscreen, shade, and pool. It's not as nice in the "wet season" where we have daily thunderstorms in the afternoon, but you can bet your assets that I will still be on the golf course.

- Shane

On 1/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, CarlSpackler said:

That is kind of funny... mid 50's and cold.  In New England those two thoughts don't belong in the same sentence.  Funny how things change 1500 miles away.  Being a snowbird is awesome.  NE for spring, summer and fall and down to FL for the winter.  It was a lot of fun for 10 years.  Sometimes I wish I didn't sell the house in FL.

I hope it all works out for you and you get to go back North for a few weeks here and there and enjoy the cooler weather.

On 1/12/2017 at 10:04 AM, dennyjones said:

That would be funny.  I picture a big AC unit hanging out the bag.  No where to put the clubs.  I am sure someone would figure it out and make it look cool.  I remember the first time I saw a cart cover and the propane heater.  Those guys were die hards and knew what they were doing.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Mother Nature is providing some Winter Happiness again this week....
Potentially 5-6 days this week with temps above 50* and possibly a balmy 60*ish day or two...
:banana: 

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

1 hour ago, Vinny Cap said:

That would be funny.  I picture a big AC unit hanging out the bag.  No where to put the clubs.  I am sure someone would figure it out and make it look cool.  I remember the first time I saw a cart cover and the propane heater.  Those guys were die hards and knew what they were doing.

I'm thinking of a small unit mounted to the top of the cart like you would see on a pop up camper. Coleman has a line of small AC units. Powering it could be interesting. Small generator perhaps?

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!