IGNORED

Winter Happiness Thread

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

55 minutes ago, Vinny Cap said:

That's a pretty sweet ride CS!

I miss mine.  I use to bring my bike down when I would go to FL for the winter.  Ahhhh, the good old days!

Have fun ridding and be safe!  All those blue haired, white knucklers looking for the cheapest buffet will kill you on a bike.  I have many stories!

34 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

@CarlSpackler wow that is a beautiful bike.

Thanks guys. I will be paying this off for a while, but it's a fun ride. I did the stage one upgrade on it a few months ago and now it has a bit more giddy-up. It is a little scary down here, especially during snow bird season.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played golf last week end, trying to get a round in during a break in the storm.  Fail, played in the rain and got drenched.  This weekend I'll be skiing in the So. Calif. mountains... Big Bear Lake, they've gotten 10 feet of snow so far this winter.  It will be sunny per forecast, got my weekends backwards.

8 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Played golf last week end, trying to get a round in during a break in the storm.  Fail, played in the rain and got drenched.  This weekend I'll be skiing in the So. Calif. mountains... Big Bear Lake, they've gotten 10 feet of snow so far this winter.  It will be sunny per forecast, got my weekends backwards.

Go, here!

large.jpg

bottom1.jpeg

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

@Lihu,  I have a lifetime pass at Snow Summit / Bear Mountain and a cabin with a short walking distance (1/4 mile) from Snow Summit.  That's where I go.

Besides, I'm getting too old for tree skiing and hiking around in the snow.  I play it relatively safe these days.

A friend of mine has been on me to go over to his house and check out his new Trackman.
Yesterday he though a football / BBQ party, so over I go. I never pass up a good party.
What a setup, big screen in front of you to view results, DTL and FO video recording, 20 ft net - hitting area.

Outdoors, he has a putting green and his Man Cave is only a few steps away whenever a beverage is needed.
I asked him if he wanted to sell "memberships"   :-) 

• Upvote 2

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

A friend of mine has been on me to go over to his house and check out his new Trackman.
Yesterday he though a football / BBQ party, so over I go. I never pass up a good party.
What a setup, big screen in front of you to view results, DTL and FO video recording, 20 ft net - hitting area.

Outdoors, he has a putting green and his Man Cave is only a few steps away whenever a beverage is needed.
I asked him if he wanted to sell "memberships"   :-) 

That sounds like heaven. 

- Shane

Happiness is being invited on a golf trip to Lake Jovita in February ...  :whistle:
Nine rounds / six days at the Jove, one round near Atlanta at River Forrest on the drive down, (hoping @jbishop15 will join us)
One round at Tampa Palms and another round at U of Florida course - Mark Bostick GC.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, CarlSpackler said:

That sounds like heaven. 

I'll be looking for "H" surely it's somewhere down there.... ;-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Aw, you dirty bastards! I was just happy that I could get out to hit a small bucket at the local "golf dome" today! Then I went and soothed my frayed nerves with a couple glasses of Pinot Noir and some calamari at a local watering hole! Hmmmm! Life isn't all that bad!

47 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Aw, you dirty bastards! I was just happy that I could get out to hit a small bucket at the local "golf dome" today! Then I went and soothed my frayed nerves with a couple glasses of Pinot Noir and some calamari at a local watering hole! Hmmmm! Life isn't all that bad!

I would have loved a golf dome when I lived up north. 

- Shane

• 2 months later...

Well my friends, it's going to be in the low 90s and very humid today. It's going to cool back down, but it seems like this wonderful season is coming to and end. Farewell winter. We will miss you. 

- Shane

I'm sure you can find real winter if you travel far enough.   We are in the rainy season in Michigan but I hear in New Hampshire there is enough snow to shovel you can get your fill if you really miss "real" winter.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 2578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!