IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Two shots from me.

1) 360 yard par-4. I kill my drive and end up about 50 yards away from the hole. The cup is on the side of a large ridge so I have to hit a shot that will go up the ridge and come back down to the hole (think Tiger on 16 at Augusta) I hit the shot perfectly and it stopped about 6 inches from the hole for and easy birdie. :-)  Everyone in my group (and me) tried the shot a couple times again and no one could get within 20 feet.

2) 400 yard par-4.  Hit my drive left right behind a tree. Have to chip out to the fairway for my second shot.  Hitting my third shot I'm still 160 from the pin.  I hit my 8-iron perfectly and the ball lands about 2 feet from the hole and stops dead. The fun way to get a par. Bad drive, chipping second shot from behind a tree, still manage to par the hole.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

I played a quick nine last evening at a local county course.  On the 5th hole, I hit a great drive, cutting the corner of the pond on the left and giving myself about 125 yards to the front of the green.  I pulled my 9 iron and proceeded to hit it extremely thin over the back of the green.  This left me with a TERRIBLE lie in some heavy, very thick rough.  The green sloped pretty bad from back to front... which meant I had almost no room for error.  I played the shot like a bunker shot, hitting about 2 inches behind the ball.  It flew out perfectly and landed on the green, checking a little bit... and then rolled down the hill before settling about 6 inches from the left side of the hole.

It was without a doubt the best shot I've played so far this season.  A little thin and it would have been 15 yards back into the fairway.  I also could have easily flubbed it and left it in the rough.

It felt really good to play the shot exactly as I'd envisioned it.

Now if only I could do that from 125 yards away and not be forced to TRY tough shots like that...

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just picked up my Mizuno mp 33s today.

1st shot 165 yards to a green surrounded by water on 3 sides, pin 10 yards over the water. Decided to give it some extra club and took a 4 iron. Hit a belter that soared through the air. Splash! F******* wind! Lesson learned. Escaped with a 4.

2nd shot 163 yards to safe green into the wind, 3 iron. Even more penetrating, generous bounce off the left bank into the heart of the green. I swear I will not be winning any long hitting competitions soon but these shots were sincerely hit, felt great off the club face and followed a piercing trajectory. It's damn hard work whenever the wind is playing havoc with club selection. In for a 3.

Finished the round 6 pars in a row and 8 in 10 holes. 3 careless double bogeys for an 84 second round of the season (down from 86).

2 in 1 round

360 yd 16th - Hit a long (for me ) drive into the right hand rough, but was shut out by overhanging branches of adjacent trees. I thought a sand wedge would get the up quickly to clear the bunker in front of the green but the ball caught the over hanging branches of tthe adjacent  tree. I,m still 10 yds from both green and bunker . A lob wedge was the answer. Ho no it wasn,t as the shot landed on the top of the back of the bunker but didn't roll back in.out came the putter as I was only 15ft from the pin .Up the bank,  broke right down the other side rolled across the green ,broke right into the cup.

Short dogleg 18th over a brook ( creek to you)  but again right into the small trees leaving 115 yds. to the  pin over a bunker. 9 iron that floated like a dream straight to the pin,2 inches short.

This games easy.

Despite 8 on the par 5 1st,and 2 other double bogies made 87.

I'll be back next week.

Mine is a toss-up. I normally play the long par-4 9th at my course (Rancho Park) as driver-hybrid, sometimes driver, 5-iron. Today I hit a drive 265 - measured it with my uPro. Straight down the middle. That's the second-longest drive of my life, second only to a 283 poke at a course in the desert, in summer, on a baked fairway, with the wind at my back. Today's did have some downhill though. My second shot, I hit a PW to about a foot and a half. I made the birdie, but how impressive is a short straight putt really? Either way, my first time making birdie at that hole. If I find a birdie on #8, I will have birdied the entire front nine at some point or another. In any case, two great shots on the same hole. The rest of my round went okay too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Long Par Five 18th hole, after a LONGGG day on the links. Hit a very unclean and thin drive, maybe going 220. Had about 320 to the hole, being frustrated, pulled driver off the deck, cross/head wind, crushed it about 40 yards short of the green. Hit wedge, and again, hit it thin flying over the green about 4 feet high. Struck the pin, and dropped straight down, about a foot from the pin. Make birdie....ending bang bang (birdie birdie). 95 with 5 birdies...ugh

No rounds in a while for me.  I'm working on some arm-plane changes which feel incredibly different and are taking some time to get right.  The best I did was land around 10 balls in a row onto a 100 square foot terraced, raised target at the practice range about 100 yards out with a sand wedge.  I was working on a lag drill where you put a bucket behind the ball about two feet on the swing path and try not to hit it on your downswing.  The accuracy was just a byproduct of the drill, I think, and was somewhat non-intentional.  Hit a few nice putts on the practice green too.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

best shot of my week came this past tuesday in leagues. there's a 430 yard par 4 with a creek running across the fairway at 260 out and 275 to clear it safely. i've never hit it over here since my last driver only got me to just infront, never in or over the creek. with no wind behind me, i hit my drive and walked up with my group but couldn't find my ball. we walked across the bridge and it was in the right rough, about 105 out. hit my 56* and put it to 10 feet and sank the putt for birdie...best i've ever played that hole.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Straight away par four about 340 yards.  I had a shortish but straight drive in the middle at about 125 out. Hit my "Frankenstein" Hogan 9 iron a little punch draw to the pin tucked behind a sand trap. Hit it to about 2 feet.  To be honest, the pin was a little further back than I thought, so the shot was really about 130-135, but they don't say how, just how many--so I made the putt, wrote down the 3, and called my self a genius.  At least until the next shot, lol.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Second shot wind behind me on a 520y par 5, 6 iron from 200 that hit the backside of the green

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I was watching the Golf Channel the other night where they were highlighting fairway bunker shots. I put one of my tee shots near a bunker. So i dropped one in for practice. About 160 to the flag. Hit it better than i did the ball in the fairway!

110 yards out, middle of a hill and surrounded by trees , made up for my horrible 2nd shot by lofting it over the trees and onto the center of the green, about 5 feet from the pin

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Par 3, 143yds, wind about 20mph left to right. Water along right side of green. 7I, fade left to right, landed 4 ft short of pin, rolled about a foot from hole to about 7 feet past hole.  Closest ever to an ace.

"Hey! That kangaroo stole my ball!"

In my Ogio Chamber cart bag
Callaway RazrX Black 11.5* Driver, Nike VRPro fairway wood #3 #5, Adams IDEA Tech V3 4H, 5H, 6H, 7-GW, Custom Edel wedges 52*, 58*, Custom Edel Putter

down 1 on the 17th, my opponent on the green in reg. and I push a 7iron deep into the rough. I put the ball back in my stance, opened up the 58 degreen and spun it on, hopped twice and dropped in for a 2 to take the hole. Lost in extra holes, but still the shot of the day

Friday, par 4 9th hole at Colonial Golf course in Sandoval, IL, 333 yards.  Hit a nice drive right in the center of the fairway, had right at 100 left for my 2nd shot.   Hole was near the back left.   Hit a pw that landed right on the front of the green and released back to within 18" of the hole, tap in birdie and allowed me to shoot my all-time best 39 for 9 holes.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Played the 350 yard par 4 17th at Palm Beach National and ripped my 2H downwind to leave me 100 yards. Hit my 54 to 4 feet for the bird. This is a tight driving hole with a tiny well protected green so hitting three great shots in one hole makes it my choice from last round.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I got two from today:

1) 17th Hole: Par 4 365 yards. Drove the ball dead straight, and was amazed to see it soar over the 200 yard and 150 marker. Ended up driving the ball about 300-305 yards.

2) 8th Hole Par 4, 386 yards. I was taking my 4th shot with my SW, about 60 yards away. So I took the shot and landed it softly on the green. I was surprised to see the ball roll towards the hole, hit the pole, and deflect right. I quickly went and putted for bogey.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

We have this little hole in our yard about 3 inches wide next to the service box for the main water cutoff that some toads use to crawl in and out.  My son calls one of the toads Hummer, so we call the hole Hummer's home.  I was in my front yard with my wife sitting in the driveway.  I said, "I'm going to hit this chip over the driveway and land it in Hummer's home on the fly."  Chip....sunk it.  Seeing that ball disappear was a pretty crazy sight.  I thought my wife would be excited to know how good my short game was getting, but she just made some wife-y comment like, "Now maybe you'll do better at getting your dishes in the dishwasher."  No respect for the short game.  Typical...

• Upvote 1

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing