IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Playing a 320 yard par 4 with my father during a foresome on Father's Day. I boom a drive down the middle, he chips it in. Nice eagle for the Father/Son team

Played Weaverridge today, Cost is 100.00 per person a round. In the top 100 courses of United States. Got to play for only 20 dollars since it was my birthday.

This course has deep deep bunkers around the greens and fairways. Well my drive ended up on the right edge of a bunker on the left side of fairway, ball still in the grass but my feet where down in the deep bunker. I would say the ball was below my waist a bit, probably one of the weirdest stances Ive ever had with a shot. Had 115 left to pin, made like a baseball swing and hit the ball to 3 feet and made the putt for birdie.

I hit a couple of pretty crazy shots today at Highfields. The first one was a flop shot from some rough over the green with really hard ground under it on the 220ish yard par-3 5th. The firm ground is what really made it hard, but that sort of made it easy in a way also. It made it harder because of I was fat it would have bounced into the ball and shot over the green, but it was easier because in fluffy grass if you hit it fat you slide the blade right under it. I also had a nice pitch to about 3 feet on 9 (made the birdie), and a bomb of a drive on 10 (over a fairway bunker that nearly bisects the fairway). I also drained a 57 footer on the 14th, which if one of the craziest greens I've ever seen. There is a picture below (with roughly the same pin placement as today), but it kind of understates just how drastic of a bowl the pin is in. I was at the very top of the green. Just read it right, struck it pure, and watched it roll in. I sort of figured out something in my putting stroke there too, I made an adjustment and was putting much better afterwards.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is actually from last week, but it was a shot that really pumped me up.

I was playing in regionals after making it out of sectionals as an individual (high school)

I was in a threesome, this happened on the first hole.  The other two players teed off first.  They both bombed their drives right down the middle.  I stood up, feeling confident, and sliced it 60 yards right behind about 6 pine trees with no shot toward the green whatsoever.  One of my two opponents put it on the green about 20 feet from the pin, the second put it about 2 feet in the fringe off the front of the green ~15 feet from the pin.  I was forced to punch out into the fairway since I had no shot.  I put my ball right where their's had been moments earlier, about 115 out.  I played a smooth, easy 54* right at the pin.  Stuck it about 2 feet from the hole and walked out with a par, matching both of my opponents.  It was very satisfying :)

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

My brother and I were out on Sunday.  199 Par 3, he is about an 18 cap.  This hole has given him serious troubles over the last couple of seasons.

He hit the ball as well as I have seen him hit on that hole, ball started working back towards the hole, one bounce and in.  His first hole in one.

First hole, first swing on any course with a new Gap Wedge was a 71 yard chip shot that landed exactly where I had hoped, took the big break on the green, and died in the hole for eagle. Nice way to break in the new kid in the bag.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

10th hole, disappointing front nine, push fade another drive just off the fairway on the next hole over.  Luckily I'm far enough away from the trees that I have a shot.  Hit my 8i, divot about 3 inches left of the hole maybe 6 inches past, ball comes back and sits at maybe 1.5' from the hole.  Sink the birdie putt.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

This is a bit belated because this "SHOT" was 2 weeks ago, but I don't care!!!!

I logged my 9th career/lifetime par4 deuce!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with hole pics) The hole is easy....it plays 322-340.....tight fairway with water left.  The smart play is iron/hybrid off the tee.......then wedge on. There is hazard short/left/right of the green...so going for the green with driver is no bargain. On this day, the wedge shot went in...who'da thunk?  Gotta love it...!!!!!!!  Boo YAAAA!!!!!

The hole from the tee....the view from the tee is very tight...

062.jpg

You can see the cart-path up the right....you need to stay 'well left ' of that to hit the fairway so you get a feel for the narrowness. The rough is very thick...so anything towards the path gets snarled in thick rough or on side-hill hump lies will bring the creek short of the green in play.   There's also a pest fairway bunker that hugs the right side of the fairway......the play is to lay short of it......avoid the bunker shot over hazard at all costs!!

After a successful tee shot avoiding both the water left/rough left/and fairway bunker.......the view to a perched green. Hitting over the creek short of the green should be no problem from here!!

064.jpg

...and yea, I jarred it from 80yds......FEELS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

A nice little view looking back at this little par4 from the green to the tee.........

065.jpg

Fun stuff!!!!!!!!

Not anything great to look at....but BOOM GOES the dynamite...LOL.....making deuce always feels good on a par 4!! Fun golf stories with course pics......anyone?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Golf Karma is on my side......I made my 10th EVER...par4 eagle yesterday!!!!!  .......that makes the 11th of 18 holes I've eagled on my home track!!!!!!!!!!   According to my hole-by-hole stats......the first hole is the easiest for me eventhough it's the17thHC hole....LOL

It is a straight-away par4 that plays 357-380yds.

014.jpg

A nice easy starting hole because who want's to get brutalized on the first hole, right???  Tall hay protects the entire left side of the hole.

Miss to the left is a NONO...miss right and you have a chance providing you hit it 250....then you'll carry beyond the right/prairie grass.

If you hit the fairway, an inviting wedge approach awaits......just don't go long because anything over hits a steep bank into the woods and is lost.....

015.jpg

A nice little view from behind...this is a hole where you want to make par........at worst because much tougher holes are ahead.  A nice view from behind the green.....

016.jpg

It provides a nice perspective...........don't bogey this hole!!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

450y par 4

3 wood off the tee thin screamer.

220 yards left slightly up hill. 4 iron to back of the green ( flushest shot I have hit with that club )

2 putt par.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

We have a par 5 that I've never reached in 2.  The 2nd shot is a long uphill blind shot and I'm usually about 30 yards short.  Today I hit my 5 wood as pure as could be, and I knew it would be good, but when I got near the hole I couldn't find my ball.  Turns out I actually ran through the green and over the back into some very tall grass (so I ended up with par anyway).  While the result wasn't that great the shot was certainly my best of the week - so far!

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Best feeling in golf is a smoked 4 iron !!

Originally Posted by Kieran123

450y par 4

3 wood off the tee thin screamer.

220 yards left slightly up hill. 4 iron to back of the green ( flushest shot I have hit with that club )

2 putt par.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

2 really stand out in my mind

185 par 3 over water. trees right. cart path and woods left. bunker in front and in back... so it's well protected...

pin was playing back left... full 6 iron and I didn't really mean to attack the flag.. just wanted to stick the middle of the green & 2 putt.

ball lipped out for a hole in 1, 6" tap in for birdie.

2nd the shot was great b/c it started out so UGLY

455 up hill dog leg left par 4 to a protected green w/ bunkers on the left..trees long and right....

tee shot didn't draw at all..went dead straight into the woods b/t the 15th & 13th hole (currently playing the 15th)

2nd shot 200 yards out: punched a 5 iron b/t the trees to within 15 yards of the green right before the bunker on the left...in the rough...

3rd shot. in some thick ass rough... opened up my 54 all the way and played what came out to be an explosion flop from that thickness

rolled to 1' from the cup.. tap in for par.... with 15 and 16 being the toughest and longest par 4's on the course... that shot gave me confidence to step to 16...birdie it... roll to 17 birdie it.. and save what might have been an ugly 8 over....came in at 6 over for the day.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Not  sure, but maybe one of these in the last two rounds:

* Sunk a 20 footer on the first hole for birdie after going for the center of the green to get the round started safely
* Nearly holed a 3 wood from 250 left rough on a par-5

* Correctly read grain and slope (both breaks) on a difficult downhill 6-foot ridge runner for birdie center cup

* Drilled a drive and hit the narrowest part of the fairway, 15 yards wide with water left and deep rough right

* Called shot shape and ballooned a hybrid against a hook wind and into on a 180 yard par-3 to 10 feet (over water as if it matters)

* 220 yard 6-iron (3-club drop in elevation) to 4 feet

* Holed a couple of chips

They were all great shots.  Probably the 20 footer on the first hole if I had to pick.  It gave me the most momentum.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by inthehole

Especially if it's smoked and hissing all the way to the apex

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by inthehole

"Sex shot"

As for mine,

545 yd par 5, double dogleg. First it goes right, then back left to the green with a blind second shot over trees if going for it in two.

Hit my drive with a draw to the fairway leaving about 230 to a front pin.

Ran over to get a view of the green and then keep a spot in the trees as my aiming point. The hole was playing slightly downwind so I clubbed down to a 5 iron and played a soft fade off the spot I picked out in the trees. The moment I hit it I knew it was good, and thus did my best Sergio gallop over to the right side of the fairway to watch it land.

Saw it bounce about 5 yards in front of the green and trickle up to 10 inches past the cup for a tap-in eagle. One of the best shots I have hit all time!

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5