IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

• Administrator

I'm five under the last five times I've played the 15th hole at Whispering Woods. All from the blue tees, and in order…

• Driver and had about 230 yards in. Hit a hybrid over the back right side of the green. Chipped and made the three-footer for a birdie. This is one of the pins in the fairway.
  • Driver again to the other pin at about 230, hit a hybrid to about 20 feet and two-putted for birdie.
  • Driver just barely pushed, hit the right side of the big vortex swale, bounced right and was on about a 15° upslope right by the cart path (highest pin to the top of the image below). Hit a hybrid over the back left side of the green to the fringe, two-putted for birdie.
  • Driver pulled left a bit with @rwolfe into the trees left, but it bounced back out to the fairway at about 255. Hit a 3W to the front-edge of the green (just short in the fairway). Putted it down to about four feet and made that putt for birdie.
  • Earlier today, hit the longest tee shot in the recent bunch, had 214 to the hole. I was considering 4I or 3I, but @DrizZzY suggested 5I. I hit it hole high in the right rough just a foot off the fringe, chipped it to three feet, and made that putt.

This hole as many of you know is NOT easy.

That I've had two eagle putts and three eagle chips and have converted all is something in my last five trips to the hole is something I may never repeat. I even said "I'm jinxing myself but I'm four under the last four times I've played 15" to Sculley today. Then hit 5I to it. 😄 

ww15.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Screenshot_20240621_224121_GolfPad.thumb.jpg.444ec9b5018df535907c81580783d35c.jpg

Got out and played 9 at a new course for me. I didn't play particularly well but overall I'm happy with how I played this whole though. I've kinda been spraying driver so I pulled my second higher lofted driver and just tried to guide one. Ended up in the right rough, ball well above my feet and no line for a safe punch out. I had to go over the water. I checked my app and planned my shot. Pulled my 5 wood and put a cut swing on it, I watched the ball fly straight and hoped it would carry. Not only did it carry but it ended up in a good spot too. Then hitting a nice approach wedge and 2 putting for a par was just icing on the cake.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

24-06-23 BSotW.png

Hit this 6i to 8' and made birdie. It wasn't pured by any means. I actually strategized well on the hole and took one club longer knowing that if I flushed it, I'd have a 30' putt from the back of the green to the front. I missed and happened to put it pin high with a push-draw. If I played the hole with just the number to the flag I would have ended up in the front right bunker. Proper golf and I'm pretty proud of the way I played it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I actually strategized well on the hole and took one club longer knowing that if I flushed it, I'd have a 30' putt from the back of the green to the front. I missed and happened to put it pin high with a push-draw. If I played the hole with just the number to the flag I would have ended up in the front right bunker. Proper golf and I'm pretty proud of the way I played it.

That was pretty sound strategy. They should try putting something like that in a book. 😁👍👍

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

That was pretty sound strategy. They should try putting something like that in a book. 😁👍👍

Reading and doing are two different things, especially considering I had already missed several greens long in the round already. You still need to have full commitment to the plan.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

My shot of the week actually led to my first Eagle of 2024. It should be noted that the eagle was assisted by very dry and fast conditions. I played an impromptu round after work with a couple of friends at a 9-hole-course called Arrowhead Lakes. I didn't have my shot scope with me so I had to estimate the distances a bit, but I think they're pretty close. 

Hole7.png.ba3bc875ccd2c12b118983cbb890c7a0.png

Oddly, I was finding the center of the driver face the whole round. On the par-5 seventh, I hit a really solid drive that crossed me up a bit, I was planning for a little fade and got a draw instead. The fairway was dry and fast, my ball went a ways into the rough. The drive was good, but then I hit 3-wood uphill, just to the right of the first tree and over a second tree. I saw it land near the green. 

When we got up there, it was about 4 feet away. I made the putt for my first eagle of the year. 

• Thumbs Up 4

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
On 6/21/2024 at 8:41 PM, iacas said:

I'm five under the last five times I've played the 15th hole at Whispering Woods. All from the blue tees, and in order…

• Driver and had about 230 yards in. Hit a hybrid over the back right side of the green. Chipped and made the three-footer for a birdie. This is one of the pins in the fairway.
  • Driver again to the other pin at about 230, hit a hybrid to about 20 feet and two-putted for birdie.
  • Driver just barely pushed, hit the right side of the big vortex swale, bounced right and was on about a 15° upslope right by the cart path (highest pin to the top of the image below). Hit a hybrid over the back left side of the green to the fringe, two-putted for birdie.
  • Driver pulled left a bit with @rwolfe into the trees left, but it bounced back out to the fairway at about 255. Hit a 3W to the front-edge of the green (just short in the fairway). Putted it down to about four feet and made that putt for birdie.
  • Earlier today, hit the longest tee shot in the recent bunch, had 214 to the hole. I was considering 4I or 3I, but @DrizZzY suggested 5I. I hit it hole high in the right rough just a foot off the fringe, chipped it to three feet, and made that putt.

This hole as many of you know is NOT easy.

That I've had two eagle putts and three eagle chips and have converted all is something in my last five trips to the hole is something I may never repeat. I even said "I'm jinxing myself but I'm four under the last four times I've played 15" to Sculley today. Then hit 5I to it. 😄 

ww15.jpg

I'm now -6 through my last six rounds. Bombed a driver down the dead middle again, had 218 to the back of the green, hit a 5I to 25 feet, and two-putted for birdie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Drained a 55 footer for birdie on the 18th at TPC Louisiana in front of a few people watching. Great way to end one of the best iron and short game performances I've ever had. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash