IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

9th hole two days ago, was my first "match" for varsity at my school. Was playing decent, when i hit my 2nd shot on a par four behind a tree. I was 105 yards out, and in between two roots in a sandy area with a tree 3 feet behind me. I took an inside-out swingpath with a 9 iron and somehow drew the ball right into the center of the green, about 10 feet from the cup.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

File this under best shots of my life.

Faded this one around some trees, over a creek and around a pond from 197 yards out with my hybrid. Green in regulation. 3 putt for a bogey,* but after successfully attempting to shape a shot with all sorts of trouble and hazards in play on the first hole after a shabby drive...I was ok with a 3 putt bogey.

Shot came from near where the 200 yard blue line meets the tree left of the fairway pictured below.

*See also: this thread

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

1st Hole - Was 200 out on a par 4, hit a 4 iron. 4 Feet to the pin, missed eagle

16th hole- Drove 300 yard Par 4. 16 foot for eagle, missed.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Mine, teeing off on a big dogleg par 4, hit 3 wood, completly block it, like it goes 3 yards left, bounces off a tree, comes back into the rough, maybe 100 feet ahead of me.. lodhl;dhgldhgodafh!!!.

Nasty down hill lie, hit a safe 9 iron to the fairway, 150 to the middle/pin, hit it pretty square, bounces a foot infront of the pin, spins to the left, 6 inch tap in.

Hell of a par save haha.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

A joke shot only someone with a 64* could probably attempt.

Hello 30-40ft pine tree, up and over is the plan... really tight from where I was as well.

80 yds away, light fluffy rough

perfect up and over, tap in birdie (5 ft)

What did you hit? 64*... damn nice, mickelson probably coulnd have done that shot

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

a tie between my drive that i crushed off the first tee that hit a house 270 yards down the right side of the first fairway (seriously, i got all of the ball and just hit it dead left) and the bunker shot i holed on the 6th hole. buried/fried egg up against the lip. i swung hard and the ball popped straight up in the air, landed a foot from the pin, and trickled in nicely

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

friday at Salem Hills in Salem, MI .. a simple stroke play tournament with a buddy of mine .. he shot 69 and medaled .. I was hitting the ball like crap and came to the last 6 over ..

pulled my tee shot left like i'd been doing all day, 500 yard down hill par 5 .. had 175 left to pin in left rough .. grabbed the 7 iron .. 6 inches. almost bounced in the hole .. one hop, stop .. tap in eagle for 76 .. good way to finish off the round.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

320 yard drive today on a par 5. nice when you can turn a par 5 into a par 4...

"Don't drink and drive, don't even putt."

In my bag:
Sumo2 9.5 degree driver I3 3 wood 5 wood Deep Reds 3-PW Vokey 60 degreeSW 2 bar hybrid putter.

Nothing special here, but I was off to a slow start today and had just made 2 double bogeys and was getting a little hot under the collar. Shanked a drive on the par 5 4th hole and didn't really line up my second shot with the 3 iron but hit it solid leaving 165 in to the wind. My buddy who noticed I was a little flustered and gave me the old "plenty of holes left, just hit a good shot here". So I took my time, got back in my routine and hit a sawed off 6 iron to about 15 feet. Of course I didn't make the putt for birdie, however it helped settle me down and get my head back in the game, which has been a problem lately.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Holed out a 30 yard bunker shot for birdie, and shoot 76

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I drove one and shanked it today off the hosel. Amazingly, it went straight infront of me. It was great. Felt like hitting a rock but it launched high and went about 210. Long enough to make the GIR on the second shot. The spring in my shaft tip saved me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ten- to twelve-footer to save par on a 464 yard Par 4, hardest hole on the back nine. The 80-yard uphill wedge to get me there was pretty sweet too.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

There are two. First is a 100 yard par 3 that if you miss the green the ball can roll about 20 yards past. I pop it up beautifully, it takes one hop and sticks just on the fringe 10 feet from the cup.

Second was I'm about 130 and with an 8 iron. I have a tree directly in my line to the green (safe side, I a chance at the pin), with another tree that was curved somehow. I put it right through the 5 or 6 foot gap onto the green for a GIR, left the putt way short but made a 15 footer for par.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

160yrd par 3, hit a light 8 iron off the tee to within about four feet and sunk the birdie putt. Played the hole twice today and put the ball to within about six inches of the first tee shot on my second time around, and made the putt both times!

Also played a 320yrd par 4 really sweetly. Knocked a light driver down the middle of the fairway, played a great 60yrd pitch shot to within about four feet of the pin on an elevated green. Then sunk the putt, on a freshly aerated green. F'in hate those things, they killed my already bad putting today. Like putting on sand dusted concrete...

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I sprayed my tee shot right on a 190 yd par 3 then waited for some heavy rain to pass for about 30 minutes. After I came back, I severely underestimated the effect of the wet thick rough and my "approach" rolled about 10 feet into the green side bunker.

From there all I was focusing on doing was getting the ball out of the sopping wet sand so I aimed about 6 feet left of the pin and just bored through the wet sand with all my strength and my ball popped up beautifully, bit hard and rolled right into the cup.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

Yesterday I don't know what happened, but for my twilight round all the stars must have been in alignment because I had the best round of my life. I shot 40 on the back 9 of a local course. Generally I'm thrilled if I can break 50.

The round started with my personal best shots of the day.
Hole 10 Par 5:
I hit a drive that went about 210 yards (thats a good drive for me) with a slight hook (I generally slice). The ball headed in the direction of the dogleg left and disappeared behind some moguls in the left rough. I went looking for the ball where I thought it had landed and found it nowhere. Finally one of my playing partner spots it completely around the dogleg about 120 yards out in the short rough! I must have had an additional 60 yards via a lucky bounce.

Anyway, I take out my 9 iron and hit a very clean shot which looked like it was going to sail right over the green. Luckily, I hit the flagstick dead center, which dropped my ball about 6 inches into the greenside rough.

After a bad chip and a good putt I finished the hole with a birdie.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone