IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

And I just bought a Voice Caddie SC200 a year ago:doh:. The FlightScope Mevo does more (spin and vertical launch), espcially if you can hit it into a net or on an empty course with a Snell MTB and the silver dot. Good price point.

I find these affordable LM's great fun, teaching you the importance of hitting in the sweetspot (smash factor), helps with swingspeed (why am I so inconsistent?), and if you have a couple of shafts you are testing in that driver, it will give you valuable info, and if you use footpowder spray on the driver face, you can see contact and compare it to the LM numbers.

If you are a range rat, fun. I will take a look at the FlightScope.

FlightScope.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50 minutes ago, iacas said:

FlightScope.

Thanks... please change my original post if you like.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

51 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Thanks... please change my original post if you like.

Nah, then you'd need to delete these three posts.

Originally, I just chalked it up to "Foresight" hacking into your spellchecker to make sure they get a plug every time "FlightScope X2 Foresight GC2" is mentioned.

:-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JonMA1 said:

I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but does the device and software use swing path and face angle to calculate side spin?

It doesn’t show you sidespin.

Also there’s no such thing as sidespin.

:-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

It doesn’t show you sidespin.

Also there’s no such thing as sidespin.

:-)

(Lol, somehow I knew that was coming)

Would this be a useful tool for working on keys 4 and 5 while hitting into a net?

If not, it's still looks like something that would help get me through the winter.

Jon

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

(Lol, somehow I knew that was coming)

Would this be a useful tool for working on keys 4 and 5 while hitting into a net?

If not, it's still looks like something that would help get me through the winter.

Not so much 5. You can just look at where in the net you hit the ball for that. Or 4.

It's more about 1-3 because you can pretty easily measure swing speed, distance, launch angle, smash factor, etc.

• Informative 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

flightscope_mevo_with_ball_dot.jpgMy Full Review is here.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/flightscope_mevo_personal_launch_monitor_review

If you're interested in buying a Mevo, please hold off for at least a little while. I'm in the process of becoming a reseller/distributor. This will benefit you in the end. Thank you. :-)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

@iacas, would the mevo work to create your shot patterns for course management planning purposes? I assume it would but I don’t know if it spits out the data in a helpful format. Specifically showing you a shot pattern with a yardage overlay on it. 

I guess it doesn’t since it doesn’t measure horizontal launch angle. Or does it and just doesn’t display it? If it doesn’t what’s the most cost effective way of doing that that isn’t walking out and measuring it with a yard stick?

Edited by Ty_Webb

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Ty_Webb said:

@iacas, would the mevo work to create your shot patterns for course management planning purposes? I assume it would but I don’t know if it spits out the data in a helpful format. Specifically showing you a shot pattern with a yardage overlay on it. 

No, as stated in the review a few times it doesn't measure or track side-to-side dispersion or horizontal launch angles. Distance is very good, lateral dispersion completely missing. For reasons that make sense, too.

Rats. You got here before my edit. Oh well. Here it is again: 

7 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

I guess it doesn’t since it doesn’t measure horizontal launch angle. Or does it and just doesn’t display it? If it doesn’t what’s the most cost effective way of doing that that isn’t walking out and measuring it with a yard stick?

Edited by Ty_Webb

On 17/11/2017 at 9:25 PM, iacas said:

flightscope_mevo_with_ball_dot.jpgMy Full Review is here.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/flightscope_mevo_personal_launch_monitor_review

If you're interested in buying a Mevo, please hold off for at least a little while. I'm in the process of becoming a reseller/distributor. This will benefit you in the end. Thank you. :-)

Assume you don't ship overseas? ;-)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator
7 hours ago, b101 said:

Assume you don't ship overseas? ;-)

Why not? So long as I don't lose money on shipping, I'd be happy to.

Hey great review, it sounds like such a tempting product haha. I really didnt know how truly small it was until I saw the finger picture. Unless I missed it, did you mention if it comes with a case?

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Hey great review, it sounds like such a tempting product haha. I really didnt know how truly small it was until I saw the finger picture. Unless I missed it, did you mention if it comes with a case?

A case? Not really. A pouch, yes.

flightscope_mevo_on_pouch.jpg

On 9/22/2017 at 12:41 PM, iacas said:

Tested the Mevo outside last night. No stickers on any balls. Just range balls.

Wow.

I was really impressed. It was over-estimating clubhead speed with the driver… at 4' behind the ball. Moving it back to 7' and the readings were right in line with what we expected.

The distances on partial wedges we checked with a laser. At first, they were off by a few yards, until we realized that the range was downhill, and if we measured where the ball was level with the tee, the yardages were almost exactly spot on.

Full review still in the works, but… I'm impressed. I can't reproduce any of the bad things I've seen in a few reviews. I wonder if the software/firmware updates have alleviated some of these.

Note: the Mevo doesn't track the full flight. I've asked FlightScope how much it tracks. The data would come out of my phone before the ball landed, though, so I know it's not the full flight.

Good deal. That was a question I had about the stickers. It almost sounded like the stickers had to be used every time, which would be eaten up during a range session. I'm very interested. I'll check in on it once you are a reseller...

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

On 20/11/2017 at 2:27 PM, iacas said:

Why not? So long as I don't lose money on shipping, I'd be happy to.

Interesting. I've sent in the email request to see how much it would cost from their site directly as it's unclear how much it would be to get it to England. Customs/Import charges always muddy the waters, but there's nothing beyond the $500 pricetag, so I assume it'd be that, converted to £380 or so.

Definitely very interested

Edited by b101

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 1479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!